• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long is employment contract?

bdb1231

Inactive
Reaction score
Is there a way to check how many years is the employment contract for each full-time job?

Depends on the trade and entry plan. If you post some more information someone will be able to give you a better idea.

I think the average is 4 years. I'm going for Weapons Engineering Technician. And the contract doesn't start until training is completed.

Most contracts for non spec/education related trades are 3 years. Some trades now have a VIE or BE (Variable engagement or basic engagement)  of 4-5 years.

If you want the exact time frame for engagement in a certain trade, I would contact your RC and ask them the questions you have.

But that being said, I wouldn't worry about how long the engagements are, you are joining I presume to have a life long retirement career, and unless you are a causing trouble in your trade, after your initial engagement you will either be offered another BE or an IE25 which means you sign a contract for 25 years total service. They use to offer a IE20, but that was phased out years ago now I believe. Been a while since I was an RMS Clk and policies change regularly.

Back