• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long does it normaly take for your papers to go through

ambush

Inactive
Reaction score
I handed in my aplication to my home unit four and a half months ago and have recieved no sort of contact when i droped it off i was told i would be contacted within 2 months to do some of my testing. just wondering if this was normal ?

I agree with Stacked...be proactive and give them a call, you never know that alone may get the ball rolling for you!!! :nod:

RTG :cdn:

And remember:

This isn't Mcdonalds where you go in and get a Big Mac and get out right away.  You have a long list of forms to fill out and wait for them to be verified, along with your testing, both mental, medical and physical.  Then, of course, you have to have an opening in a Trade that you wish to enter.  If there are no openings, then you will have to wait.

Further research into "Wait Times" and "Trades that are Closed" may help you to realize what to expect.  This calls for one of the most important qualities that the CF is looking for; initiative.

I recently applied for the regular forces (May). It took me awhile to get all of my paperwork in - I believe it was June that I had finally submitted all of it. I waited approximately three weeks before I sent a polite email to my recruiter asking if I had submitted everything correctly, and whether or not I needed to fix anything. I received a quick response telling me that everything was good and to call and book an appointment for testing.

Polite persistence goes a long ways. Don't nag the office, but don't be too passive.

theSeaDog said:
Polite persistence goes a long ways. Don't nag the office, but don't be too passive.

thanks...ill remember this approach when i submit my application!

Everything takes time. sometimes 2 weeks, maybe longer. If its longer than a month give it a call

ryan im new to this process...so im just reading through threads to figure out the best way to enlist...thanks for the help!

I'd say give them a call. The further you get though, I dont know if you have the medical forms filled out yet, make sure everything is blatant and precise. I had a snag with a medical form and due to the backlog of processing it was about a year between my dropping off the sheets and my enrollment

Ambush since you referenced your home unit..I'm assuming that you are applying to reserve.

I'm not sure about your location, but most of the reserve regiments have had a freeze on hiring until they get course dates approved...this may be the reason for them not getting back to you.

They are now getting some course slots approved for this Fall. A quick phone call to the unit may help. Bear in mind however that there may be several others already in the recruiting pipeline ahead of you who have already got their paperwork and testing in order. Perseverance pays.

I applied to the CF reserves here in ON a year ago.....I did all my testing in the Fall...medical around Dec, and then got a call in May telling me that my Fit Test had expired and I'd have to re-do it.........done in May...and just finally got the call this evening that my Regt got training slots for 5 soldiers.....I'm one of the lucky few.

Get in touch with your units recruiting officer, and at least ask the questions.

Back