• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long does an application stay on hold for?

kylepenn said:
I qualified but was just below the competitive bar they set. So they said that I wouldn't be getting processed for Infantry or Combat Eng this fiscal year so they would close my file and I would call and open it/ reapply when they get their quota that they'll need in 2015. He said I could change my trades to keep It open, and I did, then 1-2 months later I wasn't really wanting to do those trades and tried to switch back but was told to just wait till the new year to switch back. They said that its looking like they'll need a lot more Infantry in 2015 then the 2014 year needed. Meaning there's a good chance that I would be processed in the new fiscal year. ( recruiter said if they put the bar 1 notch lower then I would've been competitive, hopefully he wasn't just saying that and I actually am close to be competitive)

The thing is he's telling you that you're not competitive and don't stack up with the other applicants. This could continue through the new fiscal year as well if applicants are at the same competitive level they are now or it could be even higher. If you really only want these two trades then you should keep them as your choices and hope you're competitive in the new fiscal year. I've read here that if you pick a job you don't necessarily want it can be very hard to transfer and it won't be the fastest process either by all means. You always have the option of writing your CFAT for a second time. Maybe take that into consideration if you think you could score better but if you score worse than the first time you're stuck with your newest score.

kylepenn said:
I qualified but was just below the competitive bar they set. So they said that I wouldn't be getting processed for Infantry or Combat Eng this fiscal year so they would close my file and I would call and open it/ reapply when they get their quota that they'll need in 2015. He said I could change my trades to keep It open, and I did, then 1-2 months later I wasn't really wanting to do those trades and tried to switch back but was told to just wait till the new year to switch back. They said that its looking like they'll need a lot more Infantry in 2015 then the 2014 year needed. Meaning there's a good chance that I would be processed in the new fiscal year. ( recruiter said if they put the bar 1 notch lower then I would've been competitive, hopefully he wasn't just saying that and I actually am close to be competitive)

That sounds more reasonable.  The only problem I can see, is whether or not they decide to actually lower that bar.  They probably will need alot more Infmn and Cbt Engrs next year but it's a gamble that the competitive bar will change, nevertheless, anything is possible.

Good luck!

Ya, I hear you guys. I'm still in school so I have some time to kill anyways. Hopefully I'm in the competitive range next year. We'll see I guess, just a waiting game...

If I may be so bold :

Do what you can to make yourself a better recruit - even after that possible day you get a call to go off to BMQ, still keep upping your game. 

Study your math, increase your physical abilities, take courses if need be, volunteer, push yourself, study your ass off and come rewrite your CFAT if need be. 

You'll be amazed how much improvement can happen when you buckle down. 

Good luck on your journey.

BorisK said:
If I may be so bold :

Do what you can to make yourself a better recruit - even after that possible day you get a call to go off to BMQ, still keep upping your game. 

Study your math, increase your physical abilities, take courses if need be, volunteer, push yourself, study your *** off and come rewrite your CFAT if need be. 

You'll be amazed how much improvement can happen when you buckle down. 

Good luck on your journey.

This is just all around good life advice. No matter what you end up doing, you can keep working on yourself, making yourself better and better. Even just a light workout routine can make you feel a lot more confident and healthy.

Hey guys, hoping on a but more clarification on this one...

I'm applying for Int Op in the reserves, and I passed my Aptitude Test, Interview, and I needed to get some forms filled out for medical. I turned in the forms within 30 days (They had given me 90 days) and waited. My Security Clearance had went off in early June, so I decided to pop by the CFRC as I was in the area, mainly to see how my security clearance had progressed.

But the lady on the desk had said my file was "temporarily closed" due to medical reasons. Something to do with the Medical staff here not liking it? but it was still in Ottawa waiting on their approval? When I asked the lady what could be done, she gave me the phone number of the Medical section, and a name to talk to. I called the next day, to no avail. So, I left a voicemail, and hung off a few days. I tried again on Friday to no answer.

I haven't had any letters from anybody, and I wasn't told of this until I popped into the CFRC on Tuesday!

So, can anybody help me make a bit better sense of this? It's very confusing!

Thanks!

LPike said:
Hey guys, hoping on a but more clarification on this one...

I'm applying for Int Op in the reserves, and I passed my Aptitude Test, Interview, and I needed to get some forms filled out for medical. I turned in the forms within 30 days (They had given me 90 days) and waited. My Security Clearance had went off in early June, so I decided to pop by the CFRC as I was in the area, mainly to see how my security clearance had progressed.

But the lady on the desk had said my file was "temporarily closed" due to medical reasons. Something to do with the Medical staff here not liking it? but it was still in Ottawa waiting on their approval? When I asked the lady what could be done, she gave me the phone number of the Medical section, and a name to talk to. I called the next day, to no avail. So, I left a voicemail, and hung off a few days. I tried again on Friday to no answer.

I haven't had any letters from anybody, and I wasn't told of this until I popped into the CFRC on Tuesday!

So, can anybody help me make a bit better sense of this? It's very confusing!

Don't pay any attention to this, it's a common practice at Recruiting Detachments.  Once your medical results have been returned to your CFRC and if they have been "approved", your application will be reopened and continue on.  If your medical is NOT approved, you will be advised accordingly and given options on how to proceed.

DAA said:
Don't pay any attention to this, it's a common practice at Recruiting Detachments.  Once your medical results have been returned to your CFRC and if they have been "approved", your application will be reopened and continue on.  If your medical is NOT approved, you will be advised accordingly and given options on how to proceed.

Thank you! I just spoke with the med staff this morning, and they re-iterated what you said.

So I applied back in June of 2015, and I did all my tests and was told to wait to book my medical back on August 5th, 2015. Today I get this in my email.

WI 7.1.4 – Attach 1 IT 7.1.4 – Pièce jointe nº 1

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces as a future career. Your Application is on hold temporarily since your choice of occupation(s) is not being processed at the moment.

This situation is in no way a reflection of the quality of your application

If you are interested in earlier opportunities, you may meet the requirements for other occupations that are available sooner. If you are interested in pursuing other occupations, or if you want additional information, please contact your local Recruiting Detachment.

Thank you for your interest in serving with the Canadian Armed Forces.

Sincerely,

Canadian Forces Recruiting Group

CFRG.Intake.Management@forces.gc.ca

Applied for Pilot, and Armour Officer. I know those two trades are rather popular, but I did a quick forum search and noticed from last year, people were getting dates in their letter as to when to be expected to be processed. Nada for me. Anyone care to shed some light?

Daishi said:
Anyone care to shed some light?

Application hold letters are discussed from time to time,

application is on hold temporarily 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/116560.0
"Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces as a future career. Your application is on hold temporarily since your choice of occupation(s) is not being processed at the moment."

See also, "Application Hold",
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+application+hold&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=2PMnVtijLerE8geP6KL4Ag&gws_rd=ssl

mariomike said:
Application hold letters are discussed from time to time,

application is on hold temporarily 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/116560.0
"Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces as a future career. Your application is on hold temporarily since your choice of occupation(s) is not being processed at the moment."

See also, "Application Hold",
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+application+hold&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=2PMnVtijLerE8geP6KL4Ag&gws_rd=ssl

Yes I read those, but the difference is mine has no date whatsoever in it. No expected processing date.... nothing.

It also says to contact my recruiting center, but the only number I have is to an unmonitored voicemail box.... and I work nights. If anyone has a phone number to a human at the sheppard-yonge location in Toronto that would be helpful.

Daishi said:
No expected processing date.... nothing.

Did you ask Recruiting what your expected processing date will be?

mariomike said:
Did you ask Recruiting what your expected processing date will be?

I don't have any way of contacting a human. I just have a number to an unmonitored voice mail box, that I have left messages before and never heard anything from....and I got the email at 3:50, 10 minutes from their close time.

Daishi said:
I don't have any way of contacting a human. I just have a number to an unmonitored voice mail box, that I have left messages before and never heard anything from....and I got the email at 3:50, 10 minutes from their close time.

Have you tried contacting Recruiting by e-mail to ask if they know, and if they do know, can they tell you what your expected processing date will be?
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

mariomike said:
Have you tried contacting Recruiting by e-mail to ask if they know, and if they do know, can they tell you what your expected processing date will be?

I have just sent them an email forwarding the letter I got asking about my expected processing date and to inquire about my trades selected. Primarily asked if I choose Armour Crewman, can I move up and get into the trade I originally picked...Armoured Officer....if that is even open in the first place.

Daishi said:
I have just sent them an email forwarding the letter I got asking about my expected processing date and to inquire about my trades selected. Primarily asked if I choose Armour Crewman, can I move up and get into the trade I originally picked...Armoured Officer....if that is even open in the first place.

Do you mean apply as a crewman and then eventually try to commission? It is possible but not a guarantee, here are some threads that might help.

Officer/NCM differences
http://army.ca/forums/threads/171.0.html

NCM to Officer advancement
https://army.ca/forums/threads/85134.0

officer before ncm?
https://army.ca/forums/threads/114870.0

There are are countless threads on this subject but those thread should give you a starting point for research.

What ever you decide to do take a few days to research it and then after a few days to think about it. Taking a week or two right now isn't going to change much in the grand scheme of things.

It sucks being told that the trade you want isn't available but it is what is. Trust me I'm 1.5 years into a CT/OT (Component Transfer + Occupational Transfer) with very little to show for it.

Hopefully someone can give you a realistic timeline and if you find out be sure to post here for others in a similar situation.

You could also look at other opportunities outside of the forces. Nothing wrong with starting a different career and making up your mind when/if you get the call.

Cheers,

I also received the same letter today, also didn't get a date on mine. I applied back in June and all ready done my aptitude test. was so excited that it was another step in the process

mariomike said:

Is it really that hard to just look up a phone number on the DWAN and help this guy out?

OP, PM with phone# inbound.

Lumber said:
Is it really that hard to just look up a phone number on the DWAN and help this guy out?

It really is that hard, if one is not "on the DWAN".  :)

Back