• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long does an application stay on hold for?

culy0001

Inactive
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces as a future career. Your application is on hold temporarily since your choice of occupation(s) is not being processed at the moment. We expect to begin processing your application by: march 31 2015

I applied almost a year ago. So this is always sad news to hear

I called my recruiter right away.
and he told me that either the jobs have been filled and they don't need me, or everything is just so messed up right now.
He also told me my stats are more than competitive so i don't really understand.
because the jobs I applied for say "now hiring" and "in demand" on the forces.ca.gc

Avionic tech
aviation tech
communication/systems tech

Has anyone gotten this email before and know if it is a good or bad sign?

I got the same email today, I applied back in Feburary and wrote my CFAT in April. I received a very similar email to this in July, and then the exact one you received today. The only difference between the one I received in the summer and the one I received today was that the other one mentioned that "decision" would be made on my application by September 1st while this one states that I will be processed by March 31st. I don't know personally, but this doesn't seem like too bad of news considering that if the CF really wasn't interested in your file they could have just closed it right on the spot instead of telling you to be expected to be processed. Just my thoughts, also note I did apply to different trades than you.

snasd17 said:
the other one mentioned that "decision" would be made on my application by September 1st

And how has it worked out for you so far?  Have you gotten any further?

DAA said:
And how has it worked out for you so far?  Have you gotten any further?

Well, I got the same email that OP got today. So I am assuming a decision has been made to process my application further (medical/interview), however it will not be done at the current time due to trade availability. That's how I interpret it.

While I did not receive the same email, during my interview for AVS in August I was told not to expect any offers until April 2015 despite the trade being in high demand (but that I am very likely to eventually get in).

Let me take a wild guess here.  Each of you have already gone into your CFRC and written your CFAT and TSD tests.  Am I close?

DAA said:
Let me take a wild guess here.  Each of you have already gone into your CFRC and written your CFAT and TSD tests.  Am I close?

That is the case for me, and I have received two emails from the CFRG since, which I described in my earlier post.

DAA said:

yes the only thing I was waiting for was a job offer.
just hard to guess why I got this email when the recruitment office is saying maybe the positions are filled, maybe headquarters needs to update their website saying what jobs they are hiring for.
Im just extremely confused and trying to not be discouraged

culy0001 said:
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces as a future career. Your application is on hold temporarily since your choice of occupation(s) is not being processed at the moment. We expect to begin processing your application by: march 31 2015

snasd17 said:
Well, I got the same email that OP got today. So I am assuming a decision has been made to process my application further (medical/interview), however it will not be done at the current time due to trade availability. That's how I interpret it.

What is the email address that these emails came from?  Just might help to explain what they mean......can't paint everyone with the same brush.

DAA said:
What is the email address that these emails came from?  Just might help to explain what they mean......can't paint everyone with the same brush.

The one I received in July came from: STG-CFRG-IntakeMana@intern.mil.ca

It said:

Dear Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces as a
future career. We are unable to make a decision at this time
regarding further processing for your preferred occupation(s).
This is due to our internal processing needs and in no way
related to the quality of your application. We expect to make a
decision on your application by 1 September 2014. Unless you
tell us you want to withdraw your application, it will remain
open until we make a decision, and we will inform you of that
decision in writing

If you are interested in earlier opportunities, you may meet the
requirements for other occupations that are available sooner. If
you are interested in pursuing other occupations, or if you want
additional information, please contact your local Recruiting
Detachment.

Email received today came from: CFRGOperations@forces.gc.ca

Its content is identical to the OPs email

My email came from (CFRGOperations@forces.gc.ca)

My email was :

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Armed Forces as a future career. Your application is on hold temporarily since your choice of occupation(s) is not being processed at the moment. We expect to begin processing your application by: march 31st 2015
This situation is in no way a reflection of the quality of your application.
If, however, you choose to withdraw your application please let us know.
Thank you for your interest in serving with the Canadian Armed Forces and we wish you great success in the future.

Sincerely,
Canadian Forces Recruiting Group

Okay, so I came up rather empty handed on this one.  There's a first for everything!

Nevertheless, I will throw out there two possible scenario's as to why you received these emails.

#1 - the forces.ca website was advertising your chosen occupations as being "In Demand" and people flocked to them in mass.  Now the recruiting system has far too many applicants for these occupations than they are able to manage. (ie; overload)  So rather than just closing/ignoring your file, they are letting you know that you haven't been forgotten, but that they won't be looking at your application until early next year.

#2 - you have already written those two tests at your first appointment and whilst you have met the minimum requirements for your chosen occupations, your results are on the tipping point of the scale.  They were good but not good enough to get you through to the next step based on current requirements.  It is "late" in the recruiting year, so at this time they are able to pick and choose.  But seeing as they have given you the courtesy of providing that email, your file may enter the next stage for next years processing or may even start earlier.

These are only guesses on my part.    :-\

I wouldn't recommend making changes to your occupational choices at this time, as it will most likely have no effect.  But that is for you to decide.  Pick a job that you can reasonably see yourself doing for the next 20+ years and stick with it!  And be sure to stay in contact with your CFRC at least once every 60 days.

Good luck and wish I could have given you guys a better answer.

I went into my recruitment office and had a long talk about this email and problem with a recruiter. he told me that other people have received the same email for totally different careers and that the recruiters have no idea what is going on.
I tried to ask for ways that I could improve my application, and he straight out told me no, there is nothing you can do but wait.
I was competitive for ROTP for officer training. but decided I wanted to start as a ncm.
I dont see an issue being accepted eventually. Just really a stress when all I want to do is start my career and im forces to wait another year to even hear if ive been accepted.

DAA said:
#1 - the forces.ca website was advertising your chosen occupations as being "In Demand" and people flocked to them in mass.  Now the recruiting system has far too many applicants for these occupations than they are able to manage. (ie; overload)  So rather than just closing/ignoring your file, they are letting you know that you haven't been forgotten, but that they won't be looking at your application until early next year.

This is what I got from my recruiter. They are overstocked with applicants for your trade choices, and are holding the overflow until they process the first batch. He said that every time they make selections and send people off to BMQ, they will pull the next batch in to do their medical/interviews. He also mentioned however, that they are only pulling in applications that are competitive enough to have a chance at a job offer.

For myself, they were fairly accurate in timing. (Expected decision by 1 September 2014, and I was processed on August 28.

Good luck everyone, hurry up and wait! :)

I'll probably be in the same boat pretty soon as well. I passed and qualified for my trades with my CFAT results but during my one on one he never said anything along the lines of me doing very well on my test or saying straight up I was competitive. I'm supposed to phone on Friday to see if I'm competitive enough for my trades. If I am hopefully I get my Medical and Interview finished sometime in November but if I'm not I guess I'll be on this waiting list as well or have to pick more minimal scored trades. Good luck to you guys!

Moore said:
but during my one on one
I did my CFAT on October, 15 and we did not have any "one on one". We were sent home and later received a generic e-mail if one passed or failed. No results, no word about competitiveness. Waiting what's next.

llin_X said:
I did my CFAT on October, 15 and we did not have any "one on one". We were sent home and later received a generic e-mail if one passed or failed. No results, no word about competitiveness. Waiting what's next.

That's bad luck must be your recruiting center. After the 8 of us finished both tests and our drug substance form we got sent to the hallway and we all got called in one by one. I had to wait 45 minutes to be called in, I was the 4th to be sent in. He told me that I passed and qualified for all three trades and basically said the way the forces is right now is that there are say 10k people applying for 1k jobs so they're not going to further process 10k people for fun. He told me to call on Friday and if I'm competitive I'll be further processed but if I'm not I will have to select different trades or wait up to a year to be further processed. Good luck on the results you end up getting, keep your fingers crossed.

Moore said:
He told me to call on Friday and if I'm competitive I'll be further processed but if I'm not I will have to select different trades or wait up to a year to be further processed.
Well, I received the same info in email )))

llin_X said:
Well, I received the same info in email )))

So are you saying we are both in the same boat and have to phone this week to see if we are competitive? What trades did you apply for?

OK, I'll throw in here as well. I received the same email from CFRGOperations@forces.gc.ca On October 8th saying my application is on hold until January 31. The actual PDF file was named Intake Mgmt Hold. Then, on October 21st I received another email from Appointments.Ottawa@forces... booking me for an interview and medical and to start the security screening.

It appears they ground everyone's application to a halt then are starting up some others again possibly?

They also gave me the same security forms to fill out again that I included with my original application.

Recruiting Center: Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Avionics Tech
Trade Choice 2: Aerospace Control Operator
Trade Choice 3: Air weapons systems Tech
Application Date: March 2014
First Contact: April 10 2014
CFAT : June 3rd (competitive)
Medical : Scheduled: November 26th
Interview: Scheduled: November 26th
Swear In Ceremony: TBD