• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How did you meet your spouse?

PMedMoe said:
Two days after I got to Petawawa in Feb '06, we met at Sassy's.  Married 13 years in June and still counting!

Umm Moe, I hope you meant 96, as That would make a lot of years of the Warehouse that I dont recall every happening yet

Just got a question for those meeting their spouses at work, whatever happened to that saying "don't crap where you eat" or something along those lines?

Personally...it's not for me, even during my 15yrs on civvie street, refused to hook up with anyone from work. I have seen situations turn sour for folks when things went belly up

Eye In The Sky said:
I met her back in high school, but it wasn't until last spring that we "bumped into each other" again on Facebook that we started to get to know each other...one thing lead to another...now we call Fall River NS home and life has never been better!  I had to go thru ALOT of evil step-sisters (the last one was the worse!!!!!!!) but I finally found the one the glass slipper fits... :)

Sunset wedding this June on the beach back home... :)

A facebook wedding....how sweet. You two should get facebook to cover some of your cost by being the poster couple for them, just a thought :)

ruckmarch said:
Just got a question for those meeting their spouses at work, whatever happened to that saying "don't crap where you eat" or something along those lines?

Personally...it's not for me, even during my 15yrs on civvie street, refused to hook up with anyone from work. I have seen situations turn sour for folks when things went belly up

You are, generally, correct. 

However - consider that for most folks (CF and civilian alike), work is where the majority of social interaction (aside from family interaction) takes place.  It would follow, then, that work is where many relationships start.

helpup said:
Umm Moe, I hope you meant 96, as That would make a lot of years of the Warehouse that I dont recall every happening yet

Yes, and you'll see I corrected it in reply #31.

PMedMoe said:
Oops, that should read '96, but I can't edit it now.  :-[

ruckmarch said:

In the CCG we to say; "Don't fish from the company pier"  :nod:

ruckmarch said:

The army is a big office to work out of, and there are alot more women in then before ( not that it should matter).  However I have had a personal rule, you dont f*ck the people you work with figuratively or literally.  However you can narrow that down to your Chain of Command or peers.  Inf Bn's have medics, Clerks, maintainers in them that effectively should be outside of your chain of command.  ( I still dont recommend it though as if the relationship doesnt work it can lead to bad things not to mention rhumours or being taken serious if you are at all permiscuous)  However they can have and do work..
As you move up the chain of command though you are effectively limiting your social dating pool  ( or should ) an A MWO CWO or even a lowley WO could have a conflict of interest if they are part of the chain of command.  Unfortunately there are examples out there that I AM NOT GOING INTO of this.  There are specific DAOD's that are there to deal with those situations. 

We are all adults here and although I may not agree with the no frat rule it is a rule on deployment and I will uphold it. 

In case anyone is interested the DAOD is 5019-1, Personal Relationships and Fraternization. I just taught that exciting lesson yesterday to my course.

Edited due to me being all thumbs, thanks Eye in the Sky

dangerboy said:
In case anyone is interested the DAOD is 5019-1, Personal Relationships and Fraternization. I just taught that exciting lesson yesterday to my course.

Edited due to me being all thumbs, thanks Eye in the Sky

Got you beat, I had to deal with an investigation over this in our unit.  also DAOD 7021-1 conflict of interest comes into play and if you look into the bottom of each one you will see that the Public service code ( that we are held to as well ) has a code of ethics on the subject as well. It is a interesting read and one that not many are fully informed of. 

Met my wife in '88 at a dance at RRMC. She was visiting a friend who was attending and I had just had all 4 wisdom teeth removed the day before. Fortunately, I did not swell up at all; but did play the sympathy card a little bit (turns out chicks dig scars no matter where they are located - jk).  We have been married 19 years now and are so committed that just last week we had wedding bands tattooed on our hands.

Met my wife in Baghdad in '88..it was halloween and I was s***faced.  I left Iraq in Dec and we met up in Ireland the end of Mar'89 when we got engaged...she came to Canada in May...posted to Edmonton in jul and she went with me and married in Aug...will be 20 years 11 Aug

My girlfriend and I were having a party at my place. My now D9 was one of her friends invited and decided that same day we would be together.  3 Months later GF was gone, 2 months after that I received a phone call from D9.

Weak stomache alert:

Wonder if it was trying to catch her upchuck with my hands that hooked her?  :-X

LMAO, Women place great stock in that.  As in Oh he must care for me as he was holding my hair as I was throwing up...... or in the hands.......... good story

Summer job... I was working in a big warehouse full of men.
Towards the end of the summer I decided to invite this nice guy on a date... it was exactly five years ago. And we are now both starting a career in the CF at the same time... many challenges to come  :blotto:

Met my wife the typical Junior Rank's friday night way.  She was married to a friend of mine.....

Otto Fest said:
Met my wife the typical Junior Rank's friday night way.  She was married to a friend of mine.....

Is he still your friend?  >:D

Otto Fest said:

Bet he teases you that he's been there first?  ;)

mariomike said:
You should make a happy face. Did you ever hear the expression, "I love a man in uniform."?

Depends on the uniform  >:D

I have seen a few couples recently break it off with their civi spouses to get involved with co-workers... simply put... more things in common, and they are more understanding on the frequent training and courses....

Back