• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How did you meet your spouse?

Welllll I only really took him up on his services once.. At that point he wanted to try a root canal on me....without an anesthetic so the short answer is not really.

R933ex said:
Welllll I only really took him up on his services once.. At that point he wanted to try a root canal on me....without an anesthetic so the short answer is not really.

I think that is more of an indication that you are involved with his daughter.. not necessarily that you have bad teeth ;)

Now would you go to a dentist after a comment like that!

Alright...this is a twisted story, but it happened.
Somewhere around October, 2000, I met my wife-to-be in a "strip club"...(wait for it)...
No, she wasn't stripping.  There used to (or may still be), a place in Calgary called "The Westgate".

IF ANYBODY IN CALGARY REMEMBERS THIS PLACE, OR KNOWS WHAT THE NAME OF IT WAS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.....neither of us can remember... :-[

Anyways, the general layout was,  a naked dancing lady place on one end, a naked dancing guy place on the other, and a techno bar in the middle, ( a recipe for disaster if I've ever heard one.)

I was hanging out with some buddies, enjoying what I recall as being some absolutely scintillating conversation about finance, the state of the world...etc....when I saw a dude even uglier than I am really, really crowding this poor girl. She looked terrified.

So, I saunter up all 6' 4", 270lbs of man-meat which I possess, puffed out my moobs as proudly as I could, and told this guy, "thanks for watching out for my girl when I was in the can, you can go now." He actually walked away......

And after about a year and a half of courtin', I married that woman.

We have a beautiful daughter, (as per the avatar), a great life, and have actually lived happily ever after.

Moral....If you're really drunk, you can pretend you're cavalier in real life.

It was named Dewey Stevens' at one point in it's long, sordid life.

Dew-ey frick-in' Stevens...that's right!

Ooop....Flashback triggered....brace for incoming involuntary shudders.....

Thanks KS. (I think)

Any relation?  ;D

only related by blood alcohol level

i met my  wife in a chatroom on the net, we chatted for  over a year and met just after my  30th birthday  Dec 1999. I was hooked and  on the plane back from Iowa I decided I would marry  that  girl. I moved to Iowa to be with her Jan 2000. We were married that  April, and it was good for a little while then it blew up with her chasing me in the house with a kitchen knife. We patched things up and then her family  imploded into a red neck crisis over money, family  funeral, and run away parents on her side. We were divorced August 2004, and now she is the problem of some former US army  Medic, I wish him the best  of luck with her and her crazy  family.  It would make a great  Jerry Springer show but that  would mean I would have to meet them again and I am sure  that  would not be a good time.
Internet relationships can be good this one was not lol

True story about the knife,  I did not have her supper ready when she got home from work.

PMedMoe said:
Two days after I got to Petawawa in Feb '06, we met at Sassy's.  Married 13 years in June and still counting!

Met in Petawawa in '06, married 13 years?  Where do you hide the time machine?

dapaterson said:

All women have that,.......just ask their age.

dapaterson said:

Oops, that should read '96, but I can't edit it now.  :-[

Bruce Monkhouse said:
All women have that,.......just ask their age.

C'mon, Bruce, you've met me.  Do you think I have to lie about my age?  ;)

I met her back in high school, but it wasn't until last spring that we "bumped into each other" again on Facebook that we started to get to know each other...one thing lead to another...now we call Fall River NS home and life has never been better!  I had to go thru ALOT of evil step-sisters (the last one was the worse!!!!!!!) but I finally found the one the glass slipper fits... :)

Sunset wedding this June on the beach back home... :)

Laid out in the shacks with the flu one Feb Friday night and Skolly's begging for a ride into Coquitlam finally penetrated. Little did I realize that his girlfriend was a notorious matchmaker.

I must have made a better impression than I realized. The hacking, snot and sweating didn't drive her away and it's been 25 now.

Come to think of it, substitute snoring for hacking and farting for sweating and not much has changed...

;)

Ballroom dancing, advice for young guys, learn to dance and don't mean that crap that passes for dancing nowdays, learn Salsa, Cha-cha, Rumba, jive, meringue, two step, waltz and the tango. Girls love guys who can dance and lead, if I could go back in time to when I was 16 I would tell myself "learn to dance" It improves your access to the fairer sex by multitudes.

She was my flight instructor back when I waswas taking my civy licenses.    :eek:

She now flies for a company contracted by UN in Congo and Sudan. People at work joke she'll see more combat than I'll ever see!

Met wife No1 at The Nag's Head (pub) in Balmain, Sydney.  Note the word nag! Its forever haunted me for almsot 20 bloody years.

Met No2 at The Crows Nest Hotel, near the Stoned Crow in Crows Nest, North Sydney.

Both are long gone now, but I am haunted with a $250k mortage, and lessons learned, ha!

I guess I should stay away from pubs, or if not, keep it a blokes night out, and go home alone.

I have come to realise the more I date, the more I love my two Siamese cats. That being said my current GF was not met in a pub, and she does not even drink, so maybe this time there can be a future, ha! 

Regards,

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
Met wife No1 at The Nag's Head (pub) in Balmain, Sydney.  Note the word nag! Its forever haunted me for almsot 20 bloody years.

Met No2 at The Crows Nest Hotel, near the Stoned Crow in Crows Nest, North Sydney.

Both are long gone now, but I am haunted with a $250k mortage, and lessons learned, ha!

I guess I should stay away from pubs, or if not, keep it a blokes night out, and go home alone.

I have come to realise the more I date, the more I love my two Siamese cats. That being said my current GF was not met in a pub, and she does not even drink, so maybe this time there can be a future, ha! 

Regards,

OWDU

Wes, you never cease to amaze me.

For me, No.1, while serving in Germany and while on Leave in Holland at Zanvort at a North Sea Resort, I met the Daughter of the Second Largest Construction Engineer Firms in the Netherlands. Well a NCO in the Army was not quite up to standards for his Daughter so I chucked 10 years out the window and went to live under his sponsorship in Holland, (I was a Fish out of water) Tried for two years in London next, but life was going no where, even though everything was paid.I guess they were glad to see the back of me. Sailed back to Canada.

Met No. 2 while laying in bed at Mtl. Gen. Hospital with Pneumonia from Traffic Duty in the Rain.

Still with her, its been no easy life for her being married to a Ex. MP and MP Custodian and a Cop for over 40 years. She still taking care of me in Retirement. (God knows why) ::)

Good luck with Nr.3.

Cheers

I met mine on the computer, I use to belong to lavalife and had for a couple of years ( mostly it was a great way for dating, as I tended to avoid the Pet scene as I got older) Anyhow she sent me a smile I replied and before the summer was over I was posted to Ottawa living with her.  A year later we were married.  Two years later a daughter a grand 5 months old. 

On the plus side she outranks me, I lived a long life not commited and dont regret it as I found the one I was suppose to be with.

I was just posted to CFB Chatham early 1990 and was at the jnr ranks mess my first night there. Meet a couple of guys there who were in my new unit. We got sh*t-faced. The wife was bar teending. What she saw in me I'll never know.

We'll be celebrating 18 years this august....  ;D

Back