• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How did you meet your spouse?

abo

Inactive
Reaction score
Meh. It looks like I am going to be cutting a blooming relationship at its roots when I leave for training. I plan to keep in touch but it will be just as friends.  :(

Got me thinking. How did you gentlemen/ladies (who have been here & done this) meet your spouse/significant other?

A vicious twist of cruel fate.  I must have been Joseph Stalin in a former life, and she was karma's payback.

Kat Stevens said:
A vicious twist of cruel fate.  I must have been Joseph Stalin in a former life, and she was karma's payback.

You and me both......

I met my beloved-mother-of-my-awesome-son in a nightclub in Cambridge, England, on a night out to my celebrate my birthday. A week later I was away to Cornwall on a construction task, and a couple of weeks later I was off to the Falklands on another task.

Funnily enough we didn't ''hook back up'' until I was in afghanistan a year later and randomly received a text message from her asking what I was up to.

How's that for romantic???

At breakfast in the officers' mess in Fort Henry. She was a DND teacher and I had just been posted to HQ 4 CIBG.

Planting Trees ins Williams Lake at the Cheif Willy Yum camp ground

While she dated someone else that season and denied my advances  that season  (a display of loyalty!). She moved to Vancouver later that yearand we began to see each other socially.  Some monthes later we were an item.

We planted together the next yer and managed to be happy  in those horrid conditions, so we got married the following August.  We now have an eight month old daughter and are nearing our 4th year of marriage.

I BMQ in 9 days, and we look forward to our life as a military family.

At East End community center in Brandon, MB when I was 17. We were steadies (how's that for old!!) till I joined the Navy at 18, wrote for awhile, dated some when I was home on leave, and went our separate ways. 17 years later, we re-encountered each other. By that time I had a 2 year old son.

We married, and were together for the next 25 years, till Feb 9 of this year, when the love of my life passed away. G and I had a good life together, he raised my son as his own, and left us both with many fond memories.

:cdn:
Hawk

Of all places a bowling alley. I've gone bowling maybe 5 times in my life and her the same, but she was so impressed with my amazing bowling skills (she denies I have such skills) that she came over to my lane and we played till the place closed down. Went out for coffee afterwards and the rest is history. Been married 9 years in june and have two kids :)

Two days after I got to Petawawa in Feb '06, we met at Sassy's.  Married 13 years in June and still counting!

In Pet while on my military French course back in 85, .....She had moved down from Quebec City to help her Sister who's Husband went to Cypress and then she found out she could take an English course for free.

I didn't speak a word of French, she didn't speak any English, but that little phrase book I bought got a good workout until we could.

[and thanks to my French teacher for writing the "ask-out" note for me] :salute:

Met him online June '04.  I was in the process of moving to Halifax, so we would hang out during my trips down for job interviews/ apartment hunting.  Once I moved down we were inseperable (aside from the deployments and work up training).  Married 3 years this August.

He walked into my life at 5 yrs ago he was scheduled to meet my partner(work) and discuss his equipment problems (Police) however when he walked through the door my breath was taken from me, sounds Corney but I was positive I knew him. After introducing myself to him he also thought he knew me! 6 months later he told me he was in love with and it had happened at the moment he shook my hand! This also had happened to me. He is my best Friend, my hero and my soulmate! Never have I been in love before and I was married before, but not in love. Now I am in love and I believe in love at first sight!! I do believe in soulmates. We found each other and we are totally happy! sounds Corney but true! :nod:
Now I just need him home safely from the sandbox :)

abo said:
Meh. It looks like I am going to be cutting a blooming relationship at its roots when I leave for training. I plan to keep in touch but it will be just as friends.  :(

You should make a happy face. Did you ever hear the expression, "I love a man in uniform."?  I think, they sort of trust you more.  >:D
The bars have changed. Out on airport strip, up the elevator to the bar, you could see the city and watch the planes coming in. Sports bars seem to have taken over.  :'(
I took dancing lessons. Social. Just enough to get by. The Old Mill is close to home. There's lots nice dance places.

Modified for Kat Stevens:
1) The airport "strip" is a cluster of hotels on Dixon Road near the airport. Simply called "the strip". The Skyline Hotel may not look like much today, but it had a penthouse bar with floor to ceiling windows with a fantastic view.
2) "The Old Mill" has always been a popular "dine and dance" place.

I met the lovely woman I call my wife at Spadina Subway Station when we were both 17. We were set up by a mutual friend and started talking online. We decided to meet up and hang out. By the end of the night I had charmed her into a kiss and haven't looked back :). There were ups and downs of course, and the military doesn't help at times, but we've made it and we're still together.

At a bar in the Carribean. She bought me a beer and I was hooked. It helped that she's friggin hot. Lived 20 min from me back here at home.

Mail order bride. Fedex delivered her to my next door neighbour and he wasn't home to sign for her, so I did and figured what the hell I'd keep her. 8)

A buddy of mine invited me to watch the 1993 Grey cup. Soon (after a few cokes) he realized that neither one of us should drive, so he called up a girl he was going to school with. She showed up 20 minutes later, and as we were waiting for David to fail at picking up one of the bartenders, I found out that her dad was a dentist and I had a need for cheap dental care and low and behold almost 16 years later we are still together no regrets..

Back