• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

how can you switch to regular force, and how long does it usually take?

Saraon24

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi i recently joined the Canadian forces reserves infantry as a NCM. I wanted know how to apply to join the regular force, and how long the process would take? Thank you for your time.

I know of a MSEOps (transporter) Warrant Officer who just transferred into the reg force. I heard his transfer only took 4 months. Go to your BOR to request the transfer, or your chain of command.

The speed of the above case is likely due to a demand for senior NCO MSEOps.

This is just a guess but I would assume processing time involves demand for reg force units of your type and your qualification level.

Saraon24 said:
Hi i recently joined the Canadian forces reserves infantry as a NCM. I wanted know how to apply to join the regular force, and how long the process would take? Thank you for your time.

Anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 years.  You can apply for a Component Transfer online (intranet).

Doubtful, however, if you've just joined the infantry reserves that they'd waste money training you only to ship you off to the Regs. They'll want a return on their investment.

Back