• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

History's Greatest Army?

FascistLibertarian said:
If I didnt read startship troopers while all the other 15 yr olds were chasing girls I wouldnt get half the inside jokes on this site....
Still Id rather of had the girls....
:)

- You probably look more or less the same as you did way back when.  Those girls probably don't.

:D

Kyle Burrows said:
Except, you know.  China and India kinda have you beat in quantity of people that can be fielded, and last I checked guns don't walk by themselves.
And nukes don't discriminate ;D

Danjanou said:
I thought Journeyman was head of their fanclub?   8) 
And I've always thought that a lightning rod on a church showed a decided lack of faith....I suspect that one of us thought wrong  ;D

Michael O`Leary said:
Maybe if I joined them I could get another medal. 
  You could be a "strategic advisor" and claim to have saved some Middle-Eastern Kingdom   

Nevermind, that one's been done already   >:D

Journeyman said:
  You could be a "strategic advisor" and claim to have saved some Middle-Eastern Kingdom   

Nevermind, that one's been done already   >:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Third Division and the attached 2nd Armd Bde did well that day OS. Came closet to reaching their objectives of any of the invasion divisins and Juno had the second highest casualties of any of the beaches after Omaha. Something we can be proud of, mind I'm biased 2 uncles were there. Still put the 1st Cdn Corps under Currie as the best field force we've had.

BTW Brian if you have a CFAT to study for why are you trolling the net? We're not giving you the answers. 8)

Temper-tantrums aside, is it too late to vote for The Scourge of God?!?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_military_tactics_and_organization

Incredibly successful in their time, often despite being out-numbered, out-equipped and far from home ...

Aden_Gatling said:
... despite being out-numbered, out-equipped and far from home ...

- The Canadian phrase for which is "On Active Service."

Aden_Gatling said:
Temper-tantrums aside, is it too late to vote for The Scourge of God?!?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_military_tactics_and_organization

Incredibly successful in their time, often despite being out-numbered, out-equipped and far from home ...

Nice to see someone who agrees with me :)

The Cinderella army,often out numbered,under equipped and far from home.

CE621 said:
The Cinderella army,often out numbered,under equipped and far from home.

or in other words, almost every military force we've deployed to a foreign shore.

TCBF said:
- The Canadian phrase for which is "On Active Service."

Sadly, only one person seems to have nominated the Canadian Army. I do as well! We've always done as much or more than our allies in battle. Disagree? Open a book! Numbers and technology don't make an Army great. The Americans had their losses with technology and numbers in their favour. Russians are purely numbers and have always been so. So, I nominate the Canadian Army(past and present) as the greatest Army............ we've done it all! That being said, I do recognise the Romans, Brits, Germans and USMC as top notch. Bring on the debate!!

The Fantasians - Dogged,  Ubiquitous, Chimerical, Invincible

Lard of the Dance said:
The fantasians? Fought against them a few times in Gagetown, just can't remember ever seeing them.

Oh how I hated to those Fantasians.  Always attacking on weekends, with their nighttime ambush attacks, and the sinister way how they always looked like our support and RSS staff.

I curse them all!

dileas

tess

Back