• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

History of prescription medicaments

sky777

Inactive
Reaction score
I have heard that on the medical exam there are questions about prescription medicaments which I used.Is it true or false?
I really don't remember what I used 3 or 4 years ago.
Of course they can check by number of my medical card?
Also about my visits of doctors ?

Yes it's true - ones that you used on a long term basis.

As for checking on your medical card number, well I wouldn't worry about us doing that much of a background check...unless of course you have something to hide  ;).

MM

medicineman said:
As for checking on your medical card number, well I wouldn't worry about us doing that much of a background check...unless of course you have something to hide

To add to that, be as truthful as possible on your medical (e.g. don't "forget" that you had a serious injury or illness).  If you get enrolled and later they found that you lied omitted facts, you can be released under an "irregular" enrollment.

It is clear to say true.
But if I had problems 3 years ago and doctor did prescription for only one month.After that I didn't use this medicaments.I forgot name of it.It means I shall visit doctor and ask him to give me name of this medicaments?
Presently I didn't use any medicaments.
Maximum term was 1 month.It was stressful time and I had insomnia,and doctor prescribed pills against insomnia.After that I didn't have problems with this.Shall I visit Pharmacist for asking what kind of medicaments I have used?

So you were prescribed sleeping pills or anti-depressants?  Which one was it?  That could be important.
As long as you tell them you were on such-and-such type of medication, that should be good enough.
The actual name of the medication probably doesn't matter so much.

Edit to add:  If you have been seeing the same doctor or using the same pharmacy, they should be able to print you a list of medications you have been prescribed.

PMedMoe said:
So you were prescribed sleeping pills or anti-depressants?  Which one was it?  That could be important.
If I remembered.In Quebec not too much people have family doctors.
I felt bad and visited hospital and doctor did prescription for this medicament.I had no idea what it was -sleeping pills or anti-depressants.
Yesterday I was talking with one recruiter from CF.He said that point is for medical exam to check what kind medicaments you used regularly.So I used this pills only for 1 month.It was 3 years ago.He said it is not big deal.Much important to say true about health condition.

Back