• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Highway of Heroes Highway Signs Stolen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
geo said:
Uhhh.... An activist? (WTF is that supposed to mean?)

So Clayton, did you steal any stop signs?

Were you ever responsible for any kind of accident because a car failed to stop, failed to yield or dallied in an intersection a tad too long because the driver could not find the street's name?

Cheez, wouldn't that have been "fun" & worth bragging rights - to have caused injury & / or death ?

Clayton already stated at the time he didn't consider the consequences:

I was just a dumb kid who thought he could impress his friends by taking signs, I never really thought of the consequences of stealing the sign.

I think everyone should just take a few breaths and put away their headsman axes for a little bit.

Heck I stole a runway light (well actually an officer stole it - I was driving) for a car ralley - about 19 years ago...

We've all done dumbs things in our time that was poorly thought out.

Teflon...
Am not looking for blood,
have not lost the fact that he has stated that his former self was young and stupid
BUT
Still think that he and everyone else has to think of the consequences of stealing traffic signs.

WRT the Highway of Heroes signs.... if you read my earlier posts, you will find that, to me, it does not really matter.  The acts of the people between Trenton & Toronto are what make that stretch of road so special.

CHIMO!

geo said:
Still think that he and everyone else has to think of the consequences of stealing traffic signs.

CHIMO!

Give us some credit. I don't think anyone here needs to be preached to on that point.
Stupid people do stupid things.
This topic is starting to circle pretty quick.

geo said:
Uhhh.... An activist? (WTF is that supposed to mean?)

So Clayton, did you steal any stop signs?

Were you ever responsible for any kind of accident because a car failed to stop, failed to yield or dallied in an intersection a tad too long because the driver could not find the street's name?

Cheez, wouldn't that have been "fun" & worth bragging rights - to have caused injury & / or death ?

+1

As "recceguy" pointed out, Stupid People, do Stupid things. I guess STUPID is the Key Word.

Recceguy...
I lost a family member in a traffic accident.
It was found that an intersection protected by a stop sign.... WASN'T.

- Being Stupid is not an excuse IMHO

geo said:
Recceguy...
I lost a family member in a traffic accident.
It was found that an intersection protected by a stop sign.... WASN'T.

- Being Stupid is not an excuse IMHO

Be that as it may, and sorry for your loss, but it's not a reason to treat the rest of us as simpletons.

.......and everyone has an opinion. Not always what the majority consider right.

Okay Folks,

Time to take a breather for a bit.

I am locking this one up, until any new information becomes avaiable.

dileas

tess

milnet.ca
staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back