• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

IF you’re giving away fentanyl it’s not to tranquilize someone. It’s deadly and needs to be tightly controlled
I don’t disagree, but the article isn’t saying that it’s for recreational use as far as I could see. Big difference between recreation and part of a safety program.

Harm reduction isn't a standalone. But if we aren't willing to invest in other resources for recovery, it's a bare minimum.
You might understand that model more than I. However it remains that fentanyl is extremely dangerous in the wrong hands.

Fentanyl is deadly and therefore shouldn’t be used by anyone recreationally . Period.
This is my point, @dapaterson

Supplying them with clean drugs isn't going to prevent them from overdosing, it will just prevent them from accidentally overdoing on something they didn't know their drugs were laced with...

But its not like fentynal is a safe drug to use "minus the odd batch getting cut with something..."

It's a dangerous drug, period.

I don't have the answer to the problem here, but I can't help thinking that adding more fentynal to an area plagued by drugs isn't going to be any kind of lasting solution...

Where are they stating that this is for recreational use?
In the subtitle of the article, it mentions taxpayer funded 'recreational' fentynal being distributed to minors (no minimum age being used in the protocol)

The plot thickens!

Ex-police officer says he's 'scapegoat' for failure of leadership​

Robb Ferris says he had no role in decisions that led to the collapse of the Project Juliet prosecution​

Actually probably true. It sounds like the corruption investigation was hidden from him until he was suspended. They then renamed and restarted the drug investigation he was on - Project Juliet. He would have had nothing to do with subsequently concealing his prior involvement and misconduct when the new project applied for warrants.

So, if in fact he was corrupt and did bad things previously, that’s on him. But, separately, if the new command triangle and affiant for the drug project hid his prior involvement and misled the court by omission, that’s on them.

In Ottawa, if you make the police afraid, they won't enforce the law.

Not unusual. Managing hordes of group thinking people on both sides of the political spectrum is delicate. Bylaw officers generally don’t consider the group goals in those cases.

In Canada we have gotten very far away from breaking groups up with hats and bats like in the US. Since the public and the courts criticize these actions with I would suggest unreasonable expectations.

So in the absence of using hard power we use soft. And accept a lot of collateral damage- and that process can be undermined by bylaw and traffic tickets.

I do not necessarily agree with that way of handling protests. But it’s not about what I think- it’s about the expectations of Canadians. Generally they want it both ways.

Over now. With no force. Which is stupid. But in the absence of support you get to “over” on a long timeline with minimal injuries. Because you’ll keep your job one way- but lose it the other way.

That long way means you don’t let things flame up over bylaw tags

No jail is what it means.

Because as a sex offender and a former cop, he'd be in solitary for his entire sentence to protect him from the other inmates.
Not necessarily. A few of the federal institutions have a more cultivated population of easier to manage offenders. Bath, for instance, is federal medium security but has relatively relaxed structure inside the fence, and has a few former police living in their gen pop, as well as sex offenders. The population there is kept reasonably safe by being selective about who gets transferred there. Being at Bath is a privilege in its own right and most there don’t want to piss it away.

In Canada we have gotten very far away from breaking groups up with hats and bats like in the US. Since the public and the courts criticize these actions with I would suggest unreasonable expectations.

You can probably get alot done after slamming in a good cordon. Might be something to practise ;)

criminal charges dropped.

Sounds innocent enough.

"I just f--king gave you something that I could probably go to jail for," and, "You have as much shit on me as I f--king have on you."

He also offered to get more information about the undercover operation for the acquaintance, who was not employed by OPS.

The Freedom Convoy fallout continues ...

Officers weren't told of threats to harm police, says RCMP 'Freedom Convoy' report​

An internal RCMP review of the force's response to "Freedom Convoy" protests found that some officers at the scene of an Alberta blockade were unaware of threats to harm police until after the episode ended.

The review report also describes "chaotic" efforts in early 2022 to mobilize officers in Ottawa, a lack of proper equipment, inadequate training, poor intelligence co-ordination and exceptionally long days that prompted some Mounties to sleep in their offices.

In addition, the federal government's "demands for hourly briefings" during the upheaval left no time for intelligence units "to prepare an assessment, nor to collect the most up-to-date information," the review says.

The Freedom Convoy fallout continues ...

Officers weren't told of threats to harm police, says RCMP 'Freedom Convoy' report​

An internal RCMP review of the force's response to "Freedom Convoy" protests found that some officers at the scene of an Alberta blockade were unaware of threats to harm police until after the episode ended.

I wouldn’t put too much weight to that. We know from public reporting that there was both undercover work happening as well as an ‘imminent harm’ wiretap, and also that the National security team from Alberta was on it. With all of that investigative and surveillance horsepower, they may have determined that the risk was sufficiently controlled to not push info out. Any police involved in the overall situation would have been acting under a presumption of increased risk anyway… it was quite clear a bunch of people didn’t like police and there was no shortage of other threat intelligence coming down.

I think the media’s trying to make a somethingburger from a nothingburger on this one.

Back