• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

Homicide is the least likely violent crime committed against strangers. If I recall correctly it’s 90%ish that homicide victims know each other. So a fascinating/stupid post.

Homicide is the least likely violent crime committed against strangers. If I recall correctly it’s 90%ish that homicide victims know each other. So a fascinating/stupid post.
I thought it was 80% but you probably have more insight than I.

Well sure; most murders are committed by someone known to the victim. That meme shows a stat stripped of context and presented so as to be deliberately inflammatory. Obviously when police respond to something violent they seldom personally know the subject. Police usually don’t get to choose how much the suspect escalates the violence. While policing in the states has lots of issues, most serious use of force situations, even there, are still a direct product of the threat the suspect chooses to present.
I see videos in China of people fist fighting traffic cops.
Then I see cops in America shooting a guy with a hatchet from 50 feet away.

Colour me skeptical..

Not to mention the historic, ethnic & class issues which are ongoing.

Maybe just don't be stupid and drop the hatchet?? What, personal responsibility?? Wow, what a novel concept to some.......

Colour me skeptical..

Guy. The statistics on homicides are around for you to pick through- if you’re skeptical it’s because you’re uneducated.

You won’t find statistics of officer involved shootings from china though. But Anecdotal is more your flavour.

Split the difference 🤷‍♀️

It’s high
According to StasCan, 18% of male homicide victims were killed by strangers in 2021; only 8% of females.

According to StasCan, 18% of male homicide victims were killed by strangers in 2021; only 8% of females.

I bet the difference between the two is robbery’s that turn into homicide are higher in men

Maybe just don't be stupid and drop the hatchet?? What, personal responsibility?? Wow, what a novel concept to some.......

Sir, please obey.

Guy. The statistics on homicides are around for you to pick through- if you’re skeptical it’s because you’re uneducated.

You won’t find statistics of officer involved shootings from china though. But Anecdotal is more your flavour.
I'm skeptical about police - not the statistics.
Western cops tend to be more violent in small incidents & softer on riots.
Asians are the inverse.

Anyway, please continue.

Sooooo,......no video?? Hard to take you seriously when you make things up on the fly.....

Sooooo,......no video?? Hard to take you seriously when you make things up on the fly.....
What they don't show is the guy getting dragged behind a dumpster and catching two behind the ear when the camera stops running.
I don't have WeChat & a cursory search on youtube didn't turn up much.
I've seen these things over the years.
I brought up China because it's a trigger word for right-wingers.
These trends are broadly true for many places.

Fact is, regular police in many countries do not carry firearms.
--
You guys can continue to back the blue it's not my problem..

I can show one from India:

On further thought, taking firearms away from regular police would be something I support and stand by.
Disarm the police rather than #Defundthepolice

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ

I bet the difference between the two is robbery’s that turn into homicide are higher in men
Or at least any number of criminal activities that went sideways. I am guessing that the vast majority of female homicides is at the hands of intimate partners.

On further thought, taking firearms away from regular police would be something I support and stand by.
Gad, not this again.

In other words you're trying to trigger people on purpose?
No, I'm just not buying whatever America and Americanized Canadians are selling.
That shouldn't have to be said.

This little identity war between China and America isn't much different than the GWOT guys.
Guys would be beating their wives while screaming how un-feminist Islam is.

Better to learn from an enemy than hate em - I'm exiting the thread, I'll only reply if someone tags me.

✌️

Colour me skeptical..

Yep, next time I don't feel like taking a call for service I'll be sure to call the complainant and tell them their Police matter is going to have to wait until an online course tells me not to be a racist. That'll assuage their concerns, I'm sure.

I don't have WeChat & a cursory search on youtube didn't turn up much.
I've seen these things over the years.
I brought up China because it's a trigger word for right-wingers.
These trends are broadly true for many places.

Fact is, regular police in many countries do not carry firearms.
--
You guys can continue to back the blue it's not my problem..

I can show one from India:

Disarm the police rather than #Defundthepolice

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਹਿ
hard no. when the police attend whatever call, they have no idea if the people they are dealing with are, or are not armed. what happens next is a reaction to the force displayed by the person(s) being dealt with. 99 per cent of the time, they do not act violently or display a weapon. culminating in no force application by the officers. in rare cases. subject(s) are armed and do display the ability to harm the police and/or the people nearby - leading to a force application. its just a tool on the tool belt. worse case scenario - see the execution of two South Simcoe officers last fall. with no information indicating the subject was armed, walked into an ambush with both of their guns still in the holster. the third officer defended their, his and other civilian lives by having to react to the gunfire immediately. in your suggestion, this third cop would do what? call for help - from armed police, who could be seconds or minutes away - or in rural Canada, much farther away. its a nice thought. most of the time unarmed police would have no problem, but when they encounter armed threats, which often they have no idea that they are about to..........would only put unarmed officers at risk and unable to defend themselves and those in the vicinity.

Yep, next time I don't feel like taking a call for service I'll be sure to call the complainant and tell them their Police matter is going to have to wait until an online course tells me not to be a racist. That'll assuage their concerns, I'm sure.
How long is the course?

Canadian police were ok until the forced policy changes rising from BLM.
I'm 80% ok with them still, but some of the new hires make me skeptical.

Good point on the courses, I just saw it on OnGuardForThee & thought to post it here for thoughts.
Obviously, over there they're calling for the RCMP to be disbanded, racist etc.

Don't know much about police, but definitely know about media mis-info with the military.
There's a lot of cops here so I'm all ears and ready to learn.

I don't know how much what the RCMP did in the 70s or 20s matters today.
A lot of the left's stuff is all symbolic like taking down statues instead of keeping families together.
--

This was the video that prompted me to think about the police, law and order, cohesion etc.
Bhai Amritpal Singh mentions there being social, legal, and moral/religious controls.
It kind of prompted me to think if we can have the sorts of social changes that lessen the need for police.

My opinions on the subject are still evolving, and I've been learning a lot since I got out of the military a few months ago.

That's the extent of my thoughts on the matter.

Thanks,

Back