• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

Hopefully the officers chain of command know how to do the honours paperwork.

I believe B.C. has the same thing as Manitoba- there is a very helpful set of volunteers that monitor the news for Medal of Bravery potential and will help with the writing. My experience with them was very positive. Very professional and passionate about seeing people recognized

The Commish Commendation is the right level too- significant personal risk outside of normal duties. As opposed to potential personal risk at the division level

Not high ranking. And not to suggest or debate if anyone behaved badly.

Rather than start a new thread about taxpayer liability, a couple of lesser known recent payouts.

Not in the same league as Kobe Bryant or George Floyd, but in the $ ballpark.

In today;s news,

In May this year,

Dropping the impaired charge is a no brainer.

For the assault and assault with weapon charges, looks like charges were stayed right after she testified.
Obviously your wheelhouse here but it seems like time and time again police are finding ways to get off the hook for their behavior.

Like, did this guy physically assault this woman and set her hair on fire or is she lying? For the police to fire someone they have to fuck up pretty bad, and a lot. If this guy did enough to get released I find it incredible that he can get off the hook for setting someone on fire.

Guy. Literally everyone is getting off. I’ve seen 200 court matters dropped at one court appearance with no explanation. A cop having matters stayed isn’t that noteworthy. To me anyways 🤷‍♀️

Canadians should be globally disappointed with their system. Not just it’s treatment of cops

Obviously your wheelhouse here but it seems like time and time again police are finding ways to get off the hook for their behavior.

Like, did this guy physically assault this woman and set her hair on fire or is she lying? For the police to fire someone they have to fuck up pretty bad, and a lot. If this guy did enough to get released I find it incredible that he can get off the hook for setting someone on fire.
As Booter says, the courts are a mess. Every Crown is applying the 'reasonable prospect of conviction' test on every case with extreme prejudice. In Ontario, it is not uncommon for Impaired Driver to be plead down to Careless Driving (provincial statute) and spousal assault cases dismissed in favour of a peace bond and charitable donation ('and, oh look, somebody from the Salvation Army is sitting in the courtroom today').

It may well have been that the Crown listened to the spouse/witness and saw no joy. I don't know the RCMP disciplinary system, but even if he had been convicted, it might not have been an immediate path to dismissal; the burdens of proof are different. Quit or fired, take it as a win.

Don’t know what to tell you, man. Crown made the decision, they’re the lawyers. They were obviously fine with pursuing the charges for the nearly two years up to that point. It really seems like something fell apart. I’ve seen worse. We all have.

Guy. Literally everyone is getting off. I’ve seen 200 court matters dropped at one court appearance with no explanation. A cop having matters stayed isn’t that noteworthy. To me anyways 🤷‍♀️

Canadians should be globally disappointed with their system. Not just it’s treatment of cops
This.....with the impossible, but always used 110%.

Off-duty Mountie saves three people from Lake Cowichan house fire

The burning house contained tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition and explosive black powder
Where are Mendicino and Trudeau to condemn the family? Where are the anti-gunners? Nobody needs more than five rounds!!!

Oh, and BZ to the rescuers.

you realize there roughly 70,000 cops in this country and a TINY number of them - despite being regular people and despite being on active operations every single day of their careers - get in shit for either illegal professional or criminal conduct. second. you are correct firing em is a mess. that needs to be fixed but the problem is deciding what is a reasonable duty action leading to something that should be put in front of a court or what clearly has nothing to do with duty and is just the behavior of a bad apple.

Credit where credit is due: The RCMP terminated a probationary constable, and are now prosecuting him.

The charges now include two counts of distributing cannabis, one count of trafficking, eight counts of breach of trust, one count of conspiracy to commit robbery and one count of theft over $5,000.

you realize there roughly 70,000 cops in this country and a TINY number of them - despite being regular people and despite being on active operations every single day of their careers - get in shit for either illegal professional or criminal conduct. second. you are correct firing em is a mess. that needs to be fixed but the problem is deciding what is a reasonable duty action leading to something that should be put in front of a court or what clearly has nothing to do with duty and is just the behavior of a bad apple.

Back