• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Help? How To Use The Quote Function

deedster

Inactive
Reaction score
I have read and re-read the help on how to post, etc, and I now feel like acomplete idiot having to ask this...how does one insert part of someone's comment (it appears in a little box) when replying to a post.  Please don't refer me back to what I was reading, I don't get it ???

deedster said:
I have read and re-read the help on how to post, etc, and I now feel like acomplete idiot having to ask this...how does one insert part of someone's comment (it appears in a little box) when replying to a post.  Please don't refer me back to what I was reading, I don't get it ???

Little quote button above and to the right of the specific post you want to quote-- looks like this:
quote.gif
Quote.  The button appears in line with the particular post's title/topic

Can also be done by typing <quote></quote> (where < & > 's are replaced with [ & ]'s)

deedster said:

Go to the post you wish to copy. Instead of hitting the "reply" button, hit the "quote" button. That will take you to the same screen that you are used to but will quote their post in the little box to which you refer.

If you only want to quote part of the post, ensure that you delete only the parts you want removed, and also make sure you leave the bracketed start quote/end quote at each end.

Vern

If you only want to quote part of the post, ensure that you delete only the parts you want removed, and also make sure you leave the bracketed start quote/end quote at each end.

Thanks !!!

deedster said:

OK  NOW I get it  :D

And if you wish to quote multiple posts you can open seperate windows.

As well, when you wish to insert replies to specific parts of a post you can do this by interrupting the full quote with the end quote in brackets, then type your reply, when ready to start the new quote simply use the opening code. Time consuming but effective.

Back