• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

have to wear glasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in the recruiting process. I looked through the search function but didn't find an answer to my question. my vision is good. I was given a very weak prescription around 3-4 years ago. I wore the glasses to start but they made me dizzy and sick. Putting two and two together i decided that I must have gotten an inaccurate prescription. Now my eye sight has actually improved a little as well from that time and now I have just under a V1 vision. Sometimes when I'm tired and lazy my eyes kinda go out of focus but thats it. my question is when I get my eyes tested and get read as lets say a v2, would I be required to wear glasses when I'm on duty? I am applying for artillery and have no colour blinders. thanks

I was given a very weak perscription around 3-4 years ago too. I never wore them because i could see fine without them. However i still was told to bring them with me to do my testing.

I did the test with them on, then i did read a diff line without them on and i did fine. That was the last i heard about my glasses, and i'm not required to wear them.

Although i am still bringing them with me to BMQ.

Perhaps i was of help?

(Btw - i'm going infantry)

Ya, thanks. Hopefully I will do fine in my eye test and wont have to wear my glasses. Good to see that you don't though. Thanks again

First off you should have searched....

You should be good to go.

You are never "required" to wear eyeglasses, only recommended you should.

more info here:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31590.0.html

Thanks armymedic that answers all my questions. I really don't like my glasses and they don't do anything to help just make things worse. I'm going to schedule an eye appointment to get the whole prescription deal sorted out. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back