• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Has anybody heard about the new DND Bank? I have seen ads?

Might be useful for a new/young member trying to get a line credit or a mortgage.

I was going to set up an ING Direct account, no-fee savings, you can't go wrong.

recceguy said:
I'm wondering if those same people that have the CANEX shares are also the people behind this latest venture? I also wonder if, like the BofM in Germany, they'll be contacting your Unit when your .50 cents overdrawn?

CANEX Shares? How do I buy those? What exchange are they sold on?

*star said:
CANEX Shares? How do I buy those? What exchange are they sold on?

You won't find them on any stock exchange.
>:D
To get canex shares you have to be Maj or above, and be a senior commander, i.e comanders of units, bases, brigades. You may also be awarded canex shares by being designated X number of shares for excellent performance as a Capt as a member of above share owners staffs.

Theses are not public shares, hence the term Non Public Funds, NPF.

;)

My wife and I looked into the bank as well.

I found the same thing as a few other posters.

Great if you are new, and setting up your first accounts in the CF.

To much hassle, without much savings for couples who have been banking for a number of yrs. I bank with TD and never had difficulty moving or transfering my accounts.

The B :skull: M in CFE was a charter setup under Lloyds of London.

It was B :skull: M in name alone, I was a B :skull: M customer in Canada and they wouldn't, couldn't and didn't interact with my account in Lahr when I was there  :(.  Hence I ditched them and went to the Sparkasse and discovered just what customer service was all about  ;D.

Still miss dealing with a bank that respected me as a customer and not just some low life army guy making less than a blue collar stiff.  I also enjoyed when the exchange rate was in our favour, man, I feel old  :-\.

Hey Armymedic,

As for the CANEX shares, you don't know what you are talking about!  What you have said here is completely false and groundless.  As the PSP Manager in Petawawa and I often give briefings on PSP and I start the briefing with True or False questions.  One of them is related to CANEX shares.  This is a rumour that has been around for many years however it is completely false.  There are no CANEX shares.  The profit from CANEX goes to provide bases with funds to provide quality of life program and activities for soldiers and their families. 

Thanks,

Ed Gagnon
PSP Manager
CFB Petawawa

Ed, I think Armymedic's comments were meant as sarcasm...

Welcome to army.ca....

Ed,
The evil and winking smileys were indications of my sacrcasm as I passed all of those rumours on to the young poster.

I pm'd him afterward and told him there was no such beast.

But thanks for clarifying that here as looking back on it, anyone who reads that may think there may actually be such a thing.

I think the DND banking system is way out of touch with reality. I attended a briefing on it about 4 months ago held by the people that started it. After reading the pamphlet before the breifing started I knew it was a pile of B.S. I found out why it was such a pile of B.S..... He said that this project was started in 2000. Now back in 2000 this deal woulda of been worthy, but now 6 years later its not. You can get better service and rates with many other banks. He also admitted that they cant go to low on mortgage rates and that some members ended up getting lower rates at regular banks.

Good idea 6 years ago, implemented to late to be useful IMO.

Army banking - right.

Look at how well the CF administers things like pay, claims and allowances.

Now apply clerk logic to your bank "did'nt get paid? don't worry, you'll probably get it next month"

How about housing taking 4 months of rent all at once?

I'll keep my pay as far away from anyone in uniform as I can get it, and the fact that the CF is endorsing it makes me even more wary - are these the same people who thought that the tac vest and iltis were "ideal" for our needs? Why would I believe them now?

Back