• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harry and Meghan to step down as senior royals

You are likely correct. "You want to be a commoner? Well, commoners look after themselves."

And, for reference to the discussion, from a UK agency's webpage.
You seem bent on portraying Harry as not being willing to pay the price of looking after himself, which is not the case.

That said, your linked article that points out that pre-planning and martial arts capabilities of bodyguards should suffice, seems to make it clear, unless Harry’s Judicial Review is upheld, that King Fu/Jujitsu/Karate/Krav Maga/etc. is good enough for non-Royals or Politicians. If Harry does bring his daughter to meet her great grandma I do wish them safe travels and that no harm comes to them.

You seem bent on portraying Harry as not being willing to pay the price of looking after himself, which is not the case.
To the contrary, actually. Despite his willingness to pay for public police protection, the Home Secretary has made it clear this will not be allowed. Like all other commoners he is being told to "find your own private agency", which may not (or may, as Kevin B alluded to) be permitted to provide him with armed protection.
That said, your linked article that points out that pre-planning and martial arts capabilities of bodyguards should suffice, seems to make it clear, unless Harry’s Judicial Review is upheld, that King Fu/Jujitsu/Karate/Krav Maga/etc. is good enough for non-Royals or Politicians.
Buckingham Palace is within their rights to have their own threat and risk assessment conducted on Harry's proposed family visit and it would not be outside the realm of probability that certain orders could be given to provide specific services as a result.

Or, he could be told to stay in the US.
If Harry does bring his daughter to meet her great grandma I do wish them safe travels and that no harm comes to them.
Once in the company of great grandmum, he is entitled to the same protection as she is.

I tried, pretty much in vain, to find a UK policy on charging for police services. The best I could come up with is this (it's long) and I'm not sure if it is guidelines or policy. I'm also unclear if the Home Secretary has an overriding policy role. The link doesn't really speak to personal protection, but it doesn't seem to prohibit it either.

Clearly, if they are in proximity of members of the Royal Family or their properties, then it would seem they would fall under the umbrella of the protective services provided by the Metropolitan Police, but if they wander, it would seem from the attached that they would be subject to individual arrangements with each police service.

The techniques and methods employed by private and police close protection services are probably quite similar. What private security lacks is access to security intelligence and the ability to control public spaces.

The major rub is that because who he is, and who he would visit - that external CP will not be appreciated within the window of the Royals bubble, unlike other UK visitors who most likely wouldn't be visiting the Crown - he would.

The only viable option is to accept what was offered Pro Bono by the Crown.
The fact he's making an issue of this publicly means it is simply grandstanding, and he wants a record of it for a reason...

The major rub is that because who he is, and who he would visit - that external CP will not be appreciated within the window of the Royals bubble, unlike other UK visitors who most likely wouldn't be visiting the Crown - he would.

The fact he's making an issue of this publicly means it is simply grandstanding, and he wants a record of it for a reason...
Of course, it gives her him the high ground. "See? We tried to go over the hills and through the woods to Grandmother's house but they won't let us."

... because he's a pilot, right? ;)

Very respectful of the dead... not

I was reading an article about this yesterday. She was recalling the first time she met the Queen. Apparently Sarah Ferguson gave her a crash course on how to curtsy.

More taken out of context than disrespect, IMO.

And no, I don't watch the show.

Once again, William should be counselling the boys and his daughter; "Do not, under any circumstances, get romantically involved with a citizen of the USA. A fling, and one night stand? Fill yer boots! But long term relationship? Good god no!!!!"

She is an opportunist. Getting publicity to suit her ego, as well as getting rich via her marriage. It won't last, either will the marriage.

I bet he is ;)

'Harry's Bitter': Duke of Sussex pub brutally mocks Prince with beer 'as weak as namesake'​

A source at the pub said the beer was "very popular" with drinkers after the release of the Netflix docu-series.

Harry & Meghan: First look at final three Netflix episodes

A London pub's decision to brand a beer as "Harry's Bitter" with an image of the Prince's face could take on a whole new meaning for some drinkers after the release of the Sussexes' Netflix docu-series.

The Duke of Sussex in Chiswick, London, has been selling the house ale since December but brewery chain Greene King said the idea to rebrand it using an image of Harry was down to the venue's own initiative.

Duke of Sussex pub launches 'Harry's Bitter'

Meghan is a babe and Harry is a Gangster, change my mind!

25EB768600000578-0-image-a-8_1425038109696.jpg

Meghan is a babe and Harry is a Gangster, change my mind!

25EB768600000578-0-image-a-8_1425038109696.jpg
Still gets my benefit of the doubt too, HB. First Royal since Philip and Mountbatten to have been so deep into serving the Crown in combat. Pretty big pair to go in to somewhere where you know that there was a heavy targeting effort to get you…

The Business that is The Crown, is a self-serving machine, still with a healthy amount of not-unreasonably questioned racist sentiments…including the next King’s Godmother more recently, but the ugly word thrown about by a few in the fam when Megan first started being seen with Harry.

Still gets my benefit of the doubt too, HB. First Royal since Philip and Mountbatten to have been so deep into serving the Crown in combat. Pretty big pair to go in to somewhere where you know that there was a heavy targeting effort to get you…

The Business that is The Crown, is a self-serving machine, still with a healthy amount of not-unreasonably questioned racist sentiments…including the next King’s Godmother more recently, but the ugly word thrown about by a few in the fam when Megan first started being seen with Harry.
Haters gonna hate! Harry did the business and isn't a little bitch like so many upper crust trust fund twits today. (Stares at Sussex Drive)

We could use a few more Harry Wales in the halls of power these days IMO.

Back