• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harry and Meghan to step down as senior royals

Understandable... the weather was pretty nice here last weekend :)

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry allegedly turned down Oscars invitation

Sunday evening's Academy Awards were filled with a year's worth of celebrity sightings -- from Bradley Cooper to Tom Hanks -- but the show's attendees could have also included the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

According to new reports, the royal couple was invited to attend the annual awards show and were even approached by the academy to present the award for Best Picture.

"They were honoured by the request, but declined the invitation," said royal reporter Emily Nash of Hello! Magazine.

The couple's attendance at the Oscars would have been a surprise, but not entirely unusual for the couple, especially given Meghan's Hollywood roots.

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2020/02/10/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-allegedly-turned-down-oscars-invitation/23922945/

not sure how  they both can work in Canada ?  guess they had help with  work permits

udtabn said:
not sure how  they both can work in Canada ?  guess they had help with  work permits

Well Megan has not been gone too long hers maybe up to date. Or was it employer dependant?

Spencer100 said:
Well Megan has not been gone too long hers maybe up to date. Or was it employer dependant?

She very well may have had Landed Immigrant status prior to her marriage.

These two will be just fine. They will be in the category of self employed business owners, who will create net jobs for others in Canada.
I will be interested to learn when or if they need a hospital, will they take a slab and bring their own pillow in the hallway like the rest of us, or will they check in to a 6 star hospital in LA.
These could be some interesting updates on SussexRoyal Instagram or Twitter:
- “We’re on the waiting list for a day family doctor”
- “Awaiting our MyCRA token in the mail”
- “Applied for B.C. Services card”
- “Go Leafs(?)”
- “What does “Givener” mean?”
Etc.

Canada to cease security funding for Harry and Meghan

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/canada-cease-security-funding-harry-meghan-n1144381

"The assistance will cease in the coming weeks, in keeping with their change in status," the office of Public Safety Minister Bill Blair said.

Well they're not in Canada any more

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/royals/meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-are-staying-at-tyler-perrys-beverly-hills-mansion/ar-BB13LOqe?ocid=spartanntp

Plus Harry has to give up his gun collection.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/06/prince-harry-rifles-sell-hunting-quit-meghan-markle-jane-goodall-report-private-deal/?fbclid=IwAR3w8XAJKPr9n8wp7xd0QN9mfeOP5T35Xdcg68eil87YBaI_k1GGeKdUK7k

Nailed it ....

Harry and Meghan had perfect platform for their ambitions, but royal life didn't pay enough

Why have the couple spent the past 12 months desperately trying to disguise the fact that they have swapped duty for dollars?

Confirmation that Harry and Meghan will not be returning as working members of the Royal family will have come as a shock to no one who has followed events since they dropped their “Megxit” bombshell on Jan 8 last year.

The couple announced they wanted to “carve out a progressive new role within this institution” to become “financially independent” while continuing to support the Queen.

They were to balance their time between the U.K. and “North America” in an effort to honour their commitment to “the Queen, the Commonwealth and our patronages.”

Yet within seconds of the post appearing on Instagram, anyone with even the most elementary understanding of the way the monarchy has functioned for the past 1,000 years knew the couple were never going to be able to have their cake and eat it.

This was pointed out clearly to the Sussexes at the Sandringham summit, where the Queen – supported by the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge – told Harry in no uncertain terms (Meghan had already left the U.K. by that point), that they were either in, or out, they couldn’t be in between.

Leaving the door ajar for a return to royal duties should their grand plan fail, the Queen agreed to a 12-month review period as a safety net. But it was never going to be possible for them to have the best of both worlds.

As yesterday’s Buckingham Palace statement put it: “In stepping away from the work of the Royal family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”

Part of the problem is that the Sussexes do not seem to understand what public service is. As a California-born actress, Meghan can arguably be forgiven for this, but it somewhat beggars belief that Harry, a prince who grew up in the Firm, agreed to respond to the Queen’s statement yesterday with the line: “We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”

Why have the couple spent the past 12 months desperately trying to disguise the fact that they have swapped duty for dollars?

Confirmation that Harry and Meghan will not be returning as working members of the Royal family will have come as a shock to no one who has followed events since they dropped their “Megxit” bombshell on Jan 8 last year.

The couple announced they wanted to “carve out a progressive new role within this institution” to become “financially independent” while continuing to support the Queen.

They were to balance their time between the U.K. and “North America” in an effort to honour their commitment to “the Queen, the Commonwealth and our patronages.”

Yet within seconds of the post appearing on Instagram, anyone with even the most elementary understanding of the way the monarchy has functioned for the past 1,000 years knew the couple were never going to be able to have their cake and eat it.

This was pointed out clearly to the Sussexes at the Sandringham summit, where the Queen – supported by the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge – told Harry in no uncertain terms (Meghan had already left the U.K. by that point), that they were either in, or out, they couldn’t be in between.

Leaving the door ajar for a return to royal duties should their grand plan fail, the Queen agreed to a 12-month review period as a safety net. But it was never going to be possible for them to have the best of both worlds.

As yesterday’s Buckingham Palace statement put it: “In stepping away from the work of the Royal family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service.”

Part of the problem is that the Sussexes do not seem to understand what public service is. As a California-born actress, Meghan can arguably be forgiven for this, but it somewhat beggars belief that Harry, a prince who grew up in the Firm, agreed to respond to the Queen’s statement yesterday with the line: “We can all live a life of service. Service is universal.”

Not only is it deeply disrespectful to engage in this sort of last word freakery with the Queen, but I also do not think the 94-year-old monarch, who has devoted her whole life to duty, needs to be lectured on service by anyone, not least when her 99-year-old husband remains in hospital.

https://vancouversun.com/news/world...ough/wcm/93bf8eff-514d-444c-b359-b902eaa5531d

I don’t believe Harry owes anyone anything merely due to pure accident of birth. I also don’t think he needs to answer to anyone on the matter of ‘service’. He’s given a very great deal of himself for his country, for fellow veterans, and for others. If royal duties are incompatible with the sort of life he and his family wish to lead, then I wish him well.

For his service alone, twice deployed to Afghanistan, and establishing the Invictus Games, he’s done more than many still-Royals will do in a lifetime.

Strange that people are so quick to say people deserve a chance to do they own thing and succeed when the start point is one of disadvantage, yet personal rights to follow one’s own path don’t exist if the environment (some would argue reasonably a dysfunctional one) they were born into had greater privilege than most...how then should they atone for their part in being borne into such a situation?

I'm kind of a fan of the royal family albeit not a rabid one - probably has to do with once holding the Queen's commission - (WE reposing especial Trust and Confidence in your Loyalty, Courage and Integrity ... Heady stuff for a nineteen year old)

I think the family is getting some really poor advice from the cabal of courtiers that serve them. Its getting to be a "cutting off your nose to spite your face" kind of thing.

Harry has a relationship with former - and especially wounded - and serving service members that probably hasn't been seen in the royal family since Henry V rallied his troops on the fields of Agincourt on St Crispin's day.

The only thing Harry was looking for in a link with the royalty was to maintain the relationship he had with the troops. The family (and especially the stuffed shirts in the back room) could easily have carved out a system whereby that relationship could have been maintained. He is still a prince of the family after all. Hell, the Third Battalion Mukluk Rifles could appoint anyone they want as their honourary colonel and put him in uniform (although I gather that does need royal approval from the Queen in the Uk.

The end result is that now many of those appointments will go to less noteworthy and much less loved individuals. Plain stupid IMHO.

🍻

I don’t believe Harry owes anyone anything merely due to pure accident of birth. I also don’t think he needs to answer to anyone on the matter of ‘service’. He’s given a very great deal of himself for his country, for fellow veterans, and for others. If royal duties are incompatible with the sort of life he and his family wish to lead, then I wish him well.
Nobody owes the kids anything, either. Neither of them are hostages in the RF. If you want out, you’re all the way out, bon chance. Leaving a key under the mat just in case the grand freedom experiment flops isn’t an option. They still play up, and profit, from the fact that he’s a royal, and she’s whoever she is, darling little rebels. I actually like the guy, stand up fella all around and I respect greatly what he’s done.

If the Queen herself actually said the first quote, then she dropped a notch in my estimation. I think it was more a shadowy PR writer paraphrasing what the Queen actually wrote to Harry (Buckingham Palace did not directly quote the words of the Queen’s letter), but notwithstanding, it was a jab to make a black and white straw man that not being a Royal means you aren’t responsible enough for public service.

That’s BS of course. How arrogant to imply that ‘public service’ is only for Royalty. I’m glad Harry respectfully called the Castle on it. Many citizens of a nation are in public service, not just Royalty for nations that have a monarchy.

Remember, Sarah is still a duchess - she sold access to her ex-husband, took a bailout from Jeffery Epstein, did a reality show... but somehow Harry and Meaghan are worse.
...I’m the eyes of the Royals’ bootlicks...

Meanwhile in Buckingham;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ns-consent-raises-questions-over-uk-democracy

The RF is pretty well paid and constitutionally protected in their graft. They don't 'live a life of service' for free; they make millions every year while not being held accountable to the same laws as the rest of the UK.

Just with the Invictus games alone Harry has done more than most of the extended group of hangdowns. I think once the Queen dies the remaining popularity of the Monarchy is going to fall pretty quick.

Large nuclear cloud rising over the UK right now, I'd wager....

Harry and Meghan detail royal struggles, from discussions of baby's skin tone to suicidal thoughts​

Conversations about "how dark" their baby's skin tone would be. A rift between Prince Harry and his father so deep that Harry said his father at one point "stopped taking my calls." And Meghan, Duchess of Sussex saying she "just didn't want to be alive anymore."

These were some of the shocking details described by Harry and Meghan in an exclusive interview with Oprah Winfrey, the first they have given since they stepped away from official royal duties last year. They said they would have stayed had they gotten support from the royal family.

In one of the only lighthearted moments, the couple revealed their second child, expected this summer, will be a girl.

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

I actually watched the whole thing (or more accurately it was on the TV while I was sitting and writing as well as making time wasting posts on this forum and Facebook) and was quite impressed on how well Ophra handled the interview as well as how well both Harry and Meghan did.

I've been a fan of Harry's ever since he flew Apaches and took up with the Invictus Games. The trouble seems to be that within the Brit society (and the Establishment) there were folks who were outraged at his marrying an American (and quite probably one of colour as well which led to this line in the sand there now. I briefly looked at the tripe that burst out of Piers Morgan this morning and felt like buying a plane ticket to London to kick him in the nuts.

Harry and Meghan are certainly being treated far differently by the family and the Establishment then the pedophile prince, Edward and Anne and their various princeling and princess offsprings. In taking the course that the Queen is allowing to happen they've cut off their nose to spite their face. Harry and Meghan were excellent good-will ambassadors in places where William and Kate did not and do not have a constituency (and maybe that was the problem for them)

I think the royal family is on a downward slide that will accelerate when the Queen packs it in.

🍻

Back