• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Ho-Ho-Holidays!

Mud Recce Man said:
Have a good one Gramps.  Hope all is well in the new home and with the family...Merry Ho Ho to you and yours from Halifax!

Thanks, same to you and yours. Cheers.

Gramps said:
Thanks, same to you and yours. Cheers.

You are in still in Upper Canada or did you get sent to play across the pond yet?

Mud Recce Man said:
You are in still in Upper Canada or did you get sent to play across the pond yet?
They did send me away a few times on short trips but I am back for a while now. Working Christmas shift, then New Year's off and probably a few months of Parental leave starting in February, then they may send me away for a little longer the next time though in 2007.

Just a short note to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and all the best in '07!  Especially our troops deployed...and their families back home...and all our deployed Allied Forces and their families as well.

If you see a homeless person today, please dig deep for some change for them, or a Double-Double.  There are lots of less fortunate folks out there...we tend to forget them in the hustle and bustle of the Holidays sometimes...

:)

MRM

Imagine my surprise to be greeted at the airport with flashing cameras along with my family.
Not the quiet reunion I was expecting but nice!

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/story.html?id=d732090c-50a7-41e5-9b1d-e9128ff831ac

Front page to boot.

GF

GF, the grins on your girls' faces say it all.  Welcome home and enjoy your holidays.  :)

As I write this, I count myself indeed lucky to have my two daughters, my wife and myself together again for the first Christmas in 10 years. Add two son-in-laws, four grandchildren, it is really fantastic. What makes it truly great is one son-in-law came back safe and sound in Nov after 9 months in the sandbox.

To all Canadian Forces members, the small family that we are, and in some cases. the Band Of Brothers, have a reflective Christmas. For those deployed, the Band Of Brothers, " Keep Your Powder Dry".

In our thoughts, as family, is our remembrance for those we have lost, their natural family, this Christmas without their loved one.

May everyone have a great Christmas and a happy new year. ;D
And may my best wishes go to the troops deployed serving their country, stay safe and hit hard :cdn: :salute: :cdn:

Ah the happy end to another Christmas. This year was unusual compared to others. After Lunch with Dads family Brother and i headed to mums house were her side were assembling and we all managed to stay happy and basically arguement free for a record breaking 5 hours! Then my cousin Clare mumbled something, Mum cracked the shits and it was on for young and old. Mum screaming at Clare, Clare screaming at mum and everyone else trying to protect their drinks.

So for all you who've just got up and checked this...Why? Dont you have a life? And later on tonight when you do get time. How was your day?

Oh, almost forgot, Merry Christmas...-Mums coming! TAKE COVER!

Spending it here in Kandahar.  Possibly get dinner with Mary Walsh, Rick Mercer and CDS. 
Could make for an intresting dinner.

Other than that, called home to family.

Hale said:
So for all you who've just got up and checked this...Why? Don't you have a life? And later on tonight when you do get time. How was your day?

My wife, son and daughter in law are nurses. All are working the day shift (0700 to 1900 hrs) at their respective hospitals in the GTA on this Christmas day. Most hospitals provide their staff with Christmas dinner.
At home there is me and my two cats. This afternon, for something to do, I will go for a bicycle ride and try and find a Timmies with an open drive thru selling coffee. It is 5 degrees and sunny in TO. Supper will be one of Swanson's finest turkey dinner.
For me, retired military, having a family member working on Xmas day isn't that unusual. My wife has volunteered to work Xmas ever since our son set out on his own. This lets nurses with children at home enjoy Christmas morning.

Merrrrry Christmas to all !!  :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! So later today I will post some pics of me and my nephew with his new BB gun  ;D So what did everyone get? I got another back pack, a Maxpedition Vulture-2 from CP gear. Bunch of more stuff, but who cares ;D

Hope Santa was good to all of you. Best wishes to all Army.ca members and those that cannot be with their loved ones.

just wanna say Merry Christmas to all the boys and girls who cant be home this year with their family. Our prayers are with you and keep up the excellent work over there.

cheers,

Matt :salute:

Mud Recce Man said:
Just a short note to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and all the best in '07!  Especially our troops deployed...and their families back home...and all our deployed Allied Forces and their families as well.

If you see a homeless person today, please dig deep for some change for them, or a Double-Double.  There are lots of less fortunate folks out there...we tend to forget them in the hustle and bustle of the Holidays sometimes...

:)

MRM

I agree - happy holidays, but the next time someone asks you for some change, dig deep for a card from your local recruiter, and ask him "how about a change of lifestyle?"

AFAIC, it's just the modern version of "you can give a man a fish..."

G'day all,

Xmas Eve was a great time...... celebrations by all who were not working. The enemy was quiet, shy of a a few SAF blips, and the odd crump. I had dinner next to that Kid Rock Dude at the FOBs DFAC, just one table from him - oh joy eh)

Xmas Day was full of good food (DFAC and Santa payed a visit to the Aussie Compound too) and good laughs aside from the 0910h and 0923h IED/VBIED bomb blasts (hey they woke me up), followed by a small yet torrid comple attack not so far from us from the latter.

Boxing Day again good food (DFAC of course), and the BAGHDAD ASHES cricket match of the year was played, where of course we kicked the Pom's arses, and currently they are trying to do the same to us in volley ball, scores unknown at this time, ha!

The weather has been clear and about 12C today, and again more blasts around town, sadly killing many innocents as usual.

Wanna know more? Go to CNN, ha!

Ho-Ho-Ho, and enjoy this Christmas and New Year Break

Wes

Back