• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Happy Ho-Ho-Holidays!

harry8422

Inactive
Reaction score
so i just figured that i would ask what everyone was doing this year for christmas? i am just doing the usual thing and going home to see my mom and older brother......

merry christmas to all at army.ca

Hanging around home and taking a trip to N.B. to see my daughter, parents, brother and sisters.
Season's Greetings and all that "PC" stuff to all.

Christmas for us, is the time of year that all the volunteer work the DH and I do throughout the year ends with Christmas celebrations for those groups.  Usually, on Christmas eve, we're helping cook 20-30 turkeys to serve the next day at the Annual Sally Ann Christmas dinner.  Next Tuesday, we'll finish up the last of the shopping for the Shepherds of Good Hope's family the DH's unit helps out with every year and then deliver it.  On the 20th, I'm doing my cookie baking with the women in the local shelter (I'll be spending Christmas lunch with them too).  On the 18th, I'll be sorting out the gifts of food to our Church's food bank drive and getting it ready to be picked up.  On the 21st, I'll be up to my eyeballs in soap suds as we do the Great Service Dog spa day for all the dogs who protect, guide and alert humans companions - so they are all prettied up for Santa coming.  On the 16th, we have a Christmas party to go to for all the kids that participate in CARD - it'll either start with a sleigh ride if there is snow or a wagon ride as CARD is a horse riding program for disabled kids.  On the 22nd, I have a luncheon with the law students I mentor and in the evening, I have dinner with my mentors.  On the 23rd, I have a luncheon with the remaining WRENS in our area. Christmas eve is at church for midnight mass.  Christmas day in the afternoon is spent at the Sally Ann's dinner, serving it up. And on Boxing Day, we have our family dinner.  This year, we have friends getting married on NYE so we'll be attending that. 

No family to speak of, so I'll probably be eating turkey out of a can watching the latest downloaded ep of BSG or Smallville.  God Bless all you lucky people out there that have someone to share these holidays with.

Merry Christmas to all.

One Word : Working my 2 civilian job

REdneck, come and visit wonderfull quebec.

Ill make you vist :)

Well, have a nice months leave. So I am going home for 3 weeks, then to Mexico for a week of surfing with my brother.

Lookin' for a new home...travelling back to NS for 2 weeks...Midnight Mass in Halifax.  Moving.

And enjoying the time off I have with HLs...and stuff like that.

Merry Christmas to all!

Well since I can't afford my ideal christmas ... which would be to fly down to Arizona to be with my mother and little sister  :crybaby:  I'm spending Christmas day with my dad's side of the family yippy <-- note sarcasm. On the 28th it's on to Elmira for a belated christmas dinner and presents  ;D and everyother day it's work work work  :crybaby:

I'm using my LTA and going home to Calgary to see my family. Oh, and go skiing with friends. After the semester I've had, I think I've earned it ;D

I am off to kingston with the gf, and having a nice three days with her and her family.  then I pack like mad to get ready to go to wainwright for three months.

Happy holidays everyone :)

mysteriousmind said:
REdneck, come and visit wonderfull quebec.

Redneck you are always welcome in Calgary. Bigfoot do you want to try and get a meet and great together going for the Army.ca family over the holidays? I have an empty house in the Northwest. Next if you are planning on skiing Safeway stores have the cheap passes now on sale here in the city.

I'm heading up North to my Mom's house first thing Monday morning, for 2 whole weeks!! I am very excited to get out of the city, and back to our nice small hicktown. (approx 500 ppl) The only downside is I may go through a bit of army.ca withdrawls as I will only have dial-up internet there.  :crybaby:

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year! I'll see ya around the boards in 2007.  :)

Gritting my teeth....

....while getting my butt dragged all over Ontario & Quebec, and trying not to ruin the holidays for people that actually like christmas.

~sigh~  12 more days  :p

I get to put new flooring in my kitchen/dining room and living room. Fun. :p

Might get to exotic Trenton for a small family get-together, but no farther afield than that.

I might go talk to 9D and see if we can't get a real 6-foot air-freshener to replace our fakey one, just to piss off any Toronto judges that might walk by my front window (see thread about Christmas tree being moved in).

Merry Christmas everybody. Stay safe, wherever you are.

fr: Wook, Mrs. Wook and Little Wook.

My better half is only off Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day, so we aren't doing much. May hit Belleville to see my parents and Fenelon Falls to see the Mother in Law. Other than that, getting my Honey-Do list down to a manageable level.

After a busy month, and now that all of my stuff (including XMas decorations :() are packed and in storage, I'm headed to my mom's for 2 weeks.  My son and I haven't spent Christmas with her since '02.  Can you say spoiled?  8)

My unit is on stand down for a few weeks, so I got the time off :D
I plan to spend most of it drinking my face off, going to the gym, and doing absolutely positively nothing. Love it. Love it.

Anyone in the Ottawa area up for an Xmas Meet & Greet?

We're going to Disney World!!  Well, from the 18th - 21st. The wifes sister and family are down for xmas so we actually have family here for a change.

Of course, going to Disney isn't quite as big a deal when that involves a 3 hour drive north  :D

My plan is to have a relaxing time at home with the family.

After being away from them for 18 weeks, I needed the chance to recharge at home.
Still have to hit the gym and such a few times a week to keep the fitness level up since my 13km is the first week after Xmas leave.

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel etc etc.....

I actually have Christmas off this year, and it's at our place. Someone is looking over me this year :)

Back