• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hammocks - looking for retailer

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Can anyone help?  I'm looking to pick up the Proforce equipment Jungle hammock
http://www.proforceequipment.com/product-details.php?id=112&catid=31

But I can't seem to find a retailer in Canada or even one in NY, MI and I haven't found any on ebay. 

Does anyone know where to get these?
Does anyone know where I could get a hammock like this that's another brand name?
Do our local kit retailers (CPgear, tactown, That store out of Trenton) have hammocks for sale off the top of anyones head?

Thanks

Do yourself a favour and get a Hennessey.  http://hennessyhammock.com/ .  This one can be shipped from Canada, and pretty equivalen to the one you showed  http://www.hammockuniverse.com/ca/tent-hammock-moskito-traveller.html

No idea, but it reminds me of a Simpsons episode:

Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that?
Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut,
that's on third.
Homer: Uh-huh.
Hank: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got
Put-Your-Butt-There?
Homer: Mm-Hmm.
Hank: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact,
they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on
third.
Homer: Oh, the hammock district.
Hank: That's right.

And the Hennessey has the advantage of having a rain tarp with the same package.  Their a bit pricier, but if you can spare the dough, and you're hammock camping, the Hennessey is definitely the way to go!

Just make sure you don't make the mistake of forgetting about some sort of mattress.  You won't need it for cushioning, but for heat retention.  Without a camping mattress your sleeping bag will compress as you lay in it, and it'll be rather uncomfortably cold.  It's called the "cold backside syndrome".  The thin little closed cell foamies work great.

I can attest to heat retention points previously mentioned. I have a Hennessy hammock, they are great for uneven ground, slopes or swampy areas. I have had some very comfortable sleeps in the field in one. However the best field shelter I have ever used has to be the Integral Designs Sil Dome. It's basically a single hooped hootch that is big enough for two and their kit. MEC carries them in Olive green as well. They go for about $160 or so and can be used free standing in areas without trees like Suffield or Yakima and parts of Wainwright. The othe rbonus is that they fit in a very small stuff sack about the third of the size of a rolled shelter half.

I got my Jungle Hammock at Mountian Equipment Co-op in Halifax  works like a charm , I have used it on 3 deployments to Africa and still work great. just remember to put a ranger blanket in the bottom as the mosies will bite through .

+1 for the Hennessy. I have the expedition version and it is outstanding. A little pricy, but worth it.

These don't look that expensive  ;D I don't know that they'd be very comfortable to sleep in though.  8)

Do our local kit retailers (CPgear, tactown, That store out of Trenton) have hammocks for sale off the top of anyones head?

That store out of Trenton?  Ouch  :'(

Back