• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

The Mistral class provides a phenomenal capability for the price and crew requirements. Aviation facilities approaching the Wasp class at a fraction of the cost and crew (albeit no F-35B), and medical facilities equivalent to a hospital for a town of 25,000.

The Mistral class provides a phenomenal capability for the price and crew requirements. Aviation facilities approaching the Wasp class at a fraction of the cost and crew (albeit no F-35B), and medical facilities equivalent to a hospital for a town of 25,000.
I’m sorry the CAF doesn’t do logistics or support systems, as they get in the way of the cutting edge 1980’s war fighting capabilities that where divested or are self divesting…

The saying about how amateurs talk tactics, while professionals talk logistics, well apparently most of the previously 20 years of GOFO’s heard Something something tactics, something something logistics, and decided that tactics came first…

I think my subtle but cynical point was that those who might desire an LPD/LPH capability for the RCN and CAF, might be disappointed to see how a domestically motivated government in deep electoral trouble might actually use such a capability for the benefit of those who could mean our country future harm.

I’m sorry the CAF doesn’t do logistics or support systems, as they get in the way of the cutting edge 1980’s war fighting capabilities that where divested or are self divesting…

The saying about how amateurs talk tactics, while professionals talk logistics, well apparently most of the previously 20 years of GOFO’s heard Something something tactics, something something logistics, and decided that tactics came first…

Season 3 Flirting GIF by The Office

I think my subtle but cynical point was that those who might desire an LPD/LPH capability for the RCN and CAF, might be disappointed to see how a domestically motivated government in deep electoral trouble might actually use such a capability for the benefit of those who could mean our country future harm.
I’m sorry - where in the Geneva Convention did it say “treat only your wounded, not a suspected enemy combat”?

I guess the Role 3 folks in KAF and elsewhere treating injured Taliban fighters were wrong…

I guess things are going super well for Hamas if they have to attempt to deny some things. Things that their supporters showed the world, on video.

”Some faults” as in “holy crap we were not expecting this IDF response”.

Why is it you feel it needs an actual destination? ;)

Honestly there is no good solution unless it it forces down on BOTH Israeli and Palestinian from a position of power and influence, that would also enforce its mandate with a firm, fair and friendly manner, yet also be able to flip the switch and be utterly savage in draconian enforcement when it needed to be.

Short of that we will need to let them kill themselves until both sides are sick and want to talk.

The best we as Westerners can do is ensure that Israeli reactions are taken with proportionality, and that Iran and other nations that would like the see Israel wiped out, aren’t able to extent any influence in the area.

Keep in mind that for years, no one wanted the Jews, and Israel was set up primarily due to Western Guilt after WW2, and had their own dirty war prior to the formation.

While I am on Israeli’s side mostly in this area, I’m not blind to see that they have a lot of skeletons too, and until their Government follows their own and international laws WRT settlements, that Hamas et al. will constrantly be able to recruit support and have some victim card to play. The moral high ground must be occupied by actions, just not words.

Or if the Israeli’s decide for a lasting victory that they must bury the Palestinian hearts and minds, and accept being an international pariah, then I’m at a loss, as we as a collective society are failing stopping Russian from doing that in Ukraine, and unlike Israel, Russia has no legitimate claims that their actions are defensive at all.
Brilliantly put. This is very close to how I see the whole thing at this point.

These two maps don't seem to agree

The large number of rockets is one thing, but the ground incursions are very significant. Speaks to a long planning horizon and very good security. Footage is always questionable, but I’ve seen at least one clip of a Merkava on fire with a crowd around it.
Think that its the same clip shown in early Oct.

CNN Reports:

UN agency head fires staff members allegedly involved in October 7 attacks​

From CNN's Hira Humayun

Philippe Lazzarini speaks during a news conference in May 2021.
Philippe Lazzarini speaks during a news conference in May 2021. John Minchillo/AP/FILE

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East's commissioner general announced Friday that he was "immediately" terminating the contracts of staff members allegedly involved in the October 7, 2023, attacks in Israel.
“The Israeli Authorities have provided UNRWA with information about the alleged involvement of several UNRWA employees in the horrific attacks on Israel on 7 October," Philippe Lazzarini said in a statement Friday, adding that he has made the decision in order to protect the agency's ability to deliver humanitarian aid.
Lazzarini said an investigation is being launched into the alleged involvement of the employees and those involved will be held accountable "including through criminal prosecution."
“These shocking allegations come as more than 2 million people in Gaza depend on lifesaving assistance that the Agency has been providing since the war began," he said, "Anyone who betrays the fundamental values of the United Nations also betrays those whom we serve in Gaza, across the region and elsewhere around the world."
CNN has reached out to UNRWA and the Israeli authorities about the information Israel provided UNRWA and the nature of the alleged involvement of the UNRWA employees.

Looks like UNRWA may have had members working with Hamas to conduct the Oct 7th attacks...

UN agency fires staff after ‘shocking’ allegation of roles in Israel attacks
im-shocked-shocked.jpg
Meanwhile, ICJ's verdict is in ...
ICJ news release, summary and order attached.

Attachments

• 192-20240126-pre-01-00-en.pdf
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 192-20240126-sum-01-00-en.pdf
    285.6 KB · Views: 0
  • UN-ICJ-192-20240126-ord-01-00-en.pdf
    298.8 KB · Views: 0
View attachment 82678
Meanwhile, ICJ's verdict is in ...
ICJ news release, summary and order attached.
Israel is a party to the ICJ. I’m interested to see how they respond to this.

Israel is a party to the ICJ. I’m interested to see how they respond to this.
Interesting that the judge who voted against the ICJ is Ugandan. Uganda in the lates 60s- mid 70s was not a good place to live - whether you were African or not. Idi Amin was not a man to be trifled with,

Interesting the Israel response has been (1) the ICJ didn’t ask Israel to do anything it already isn’t doing and (2) Israel will conduct its military and political affairs as it sees fit.

I tend to agree with Israel but I do want them to file the reports required by the ICJ.
IMO every country engaged in ongoing warfare should be required to file such reports occasionally during the course of a conflict.

Canada votes in favour of terrorism, lets terrorists target critical infrastructure (railroads, gas liquefaction plants), provides them thinly-veiled encouragement to burn Churches, and breaks new ground with promises to alter its laws to welcome with open arms more terrorists and their sympathizers by the thousands. All the while distracting its residents with conspiracy theories about white supremacists and other such spooky stories.

Canada is clearly, undeniably, a pro-terrorism nationless-state.

No wonder that crowd is having a field day in our their streets, malls, colleges, etc.

Idem.

I tend to agree with Israel but I do want them to file the reports required by the ICJ.
IMO every country engaged in ongoing warfare should be required to file such reports occasionally during the course of a conflict.

To whom? The ICJ typically has no role unless explicitly brought in through legal action such as this. They don’t have any standing oversight role over armed conflict.

To whom? The ICJ typically has no role unless explicitly brought in through legal action such as this. They don’t have any standing oversight role over armed conflict.
The UNSC is the designated international body for matters of global security.

Back