• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Toronto still has the Mounted Unit. Might be a little out of practice.
TPS mounted unit are definitely still actively used in operations, and support other municipal police services in Ontario when needed. I’ve seen them a few times in the past couple years.

TPS mounted unit are definitely still actively used in operations, and support other municipal police services in Ontario when needed. I’ve seen them a few times in the past couple years.

Good to know they are still active.

I saw our big beautiful Metro police horses at work many times. I don't really understand it, but they had a calming effect on angry people.

Would they use a stagecoach or a covered wagon to transport patients?

Fireman's carry... it's a thing ;)

season 2 running GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX

season 2 running GIF by 9-1-1 on FOX
My first memory of fire fighter training (before I joined the Forces):

'Fireman's Carry don't work too well when you have your tank on'

Since you are most likely to have the tank on when you see a casualty that needs to be evacuated. Why is it called a fireman's carry?

Perhaps not so much now. At least in emergency services. YMMV

Read this about the CAF,

Fireman Carry replaced by Casualty Drag
7 pages.

Coutts 4: 700 days. No bail. No trial
Their trials are in superior court in April, so they’re still well within Jordan timelines. They all had bail hearing and, we can infer, were unable to satisfy the court that they had adequate bail plans that would ensure their attendance in court, prevent further offending, or preserve public confidence in the justice system. At any point since then they’ve had the ability to bring a bail review application to superior court to show that their circumstances regarding ability to demonstrate bail compliance has changed. I cannot speak to and won’t speculate as to why none of them have since won bail on review.

For context for those unfamiliar with the ‘Coutts 4’, all four are charged criminally with conspiracy to murder police as well as various weapons offences and, in one case, possession of explosives. The conspiracy to commit murder charges can potentially net a life sentence, so these are relatively serious charges. I won’t speculate as to how the trial will go.

For context for those unfamiliar with the ‘Coutts 4’, all four are charged criminally with conspiracy to murder police as well as various weapons offences and, in one case, possession of explosives. The conspiracy to commit murder charges can potentially net a life sentence, so these are relatively serious charges. I won’t speculate as to how the trial will go.
There seem to be some boundaries in the charges, too: nothing terrorism- or national security-related, thought there's language in the Criminal Code that could turn the formed into a muddy fight about intent.

There seem to be some boundaries in the charges, too: nothing terrorism- or national security-related, thought there's language in the Criminal Code that could turn the formed into a muddy fight about intent.
I won’t speculate on an ongoing real case. I know that I have commented generally in the past along those same lines- a nice clean criminal prosecution could be muddied up and made more complex by also prosecuting terrorism offences. Now, for a conspiracy case, intent is much more something that needs to be proven anyway, if the intended offence(s) weren’t ultimately committed. But you’re right in that it can still be easier to keep things straightforward criminal rather than diving into terrorism offences.

South Africa “pot this is kettle “

Is necklacing still a thing there??

Sadly, yes...

Boyfriend appears in court on murder charges after allegedly 'necklacing' pregnant girlfriend​

A KwaZulu-Natal man who shot his eight-week pregnant partner before allegedly putting a tyre around her neck and dousing her with petrol appeared briefly before judge Nkosinathi Chili in the Pietermaritzburg high court on Monday.

Sifizo Zungu, 39, is charged with murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances in relation to the death of Nkosikhona Dorcas Zondi, whose body was found near Redlands farm in Eston on August 8 last year.

Back