• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

JFK was reopened an hour or so ago, with arrests made. LAPD are geared up and working on LAX, but that still seems to be a live situation.

Pro-Palestine Protesters shut down the World Trade Center entrance in NYC today.

Wait until New Year’s Eve. Tens of thousands of drunken celebrators versus the protesters.

Pro-Palestine Protesters shut down the World Trade Center entrance in NYC today.

Wait until New Year’s Eve. Tens of thousands of drunken celebrators versus the protesters.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Well this might escalate quickly- what could possibly go wrong??

Dec. 28, 2023, 8:00 p.m. ET

The $13 million payout to George Floyd protesters gives Team Hamas an advantage in NYC. The City also gave up ground on Public Order.

They’ve done their best to disrupt the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, the annual tree lighting at Rockefeller Center, Christmas services at St. Patrick’s Cathedral and caroling in Washington Square Park.

They’ve targeted commuters by aiming to close Grand Central and blocking the Brooklyn Bridge, and harassed holiday travelers by closing traffic at JFK.

The right to protest doesn’t mean the right to prevent anyone from doing anything they are legally allowed to do.

What they are doing is intimidation. All ‘protestors’ no matter what affiliation who are doing such acts need to be charged and arrested.

Apparently, NYC signed off on no more "kettling".

Surrounding and boxing in a large group of people, however, without having “individualized probable cause” to arrest them will no longer be allowed, the mayor’s office said.

Apparently, NYC signed off on no more "kettling".

Most police services have gone away from that. It's too likely to escalate both aggression and physical danger, both to the public and to police. It also comes with a host of legal issues around arbitrary detention, liability for the physical condition of people who aren't allowed to leave yet aren't yet actually in custody... A significant limiting factor in police enforcement at major public order events is the rate at which we can actually make, handoff, and process lawful arrests in a way that preserves continuity of the prisoner and any evidence, including who observed and formed belief the individual had committed the offense, who actually arrested them, who provided their rights and recorded any responses, who verified ID, and linking all of those back together for a successful prosecution. It's challenging and it's a nut we haven't yet fully cracked. But mass roundups are out. The US has a similar enough system that pretty much all of these same factors are in play, exacerbated by the massive payouts US civil lawsuits can result in.

Last edited:
Most police services have gone away form that. It's too likely to escalate both aggression and physical danger, both to the public and to police.

Amen to that. Always leave an 'out' route for any crowd.

But make sure you can identify the trouble makers as they leave, and have the ability to track them for lifting at 3.00am from their homes ;)

Most police services have gone away form that.

It can get pretty expensive.

Toronto police board agrees to $16.5 million settlement over mass arrests at 2010 G20 summit

More than a decade later, the settlement awards those arrested between $5,000 and $24,700, depending on their treatment during the notorious weekend protests.

Toronto police swear off G20 kettling tactic

But make sure you can identify the trouble makers as they leave, and have the ability to track them for lifting at 3.00am from their homes ;)
Assuming the juice is worth the squeeze, sure. It really depends on just how much investigative horsepower is put into something. Hell, the Americans are still, as recently as the past week or two, making arrests in the Capitol insurrection based on video, social media scrapes, and tips. Not to say a normal public order event would merit anything close to that, but if the willpower is there, follow up investigation can carry on for quite some time.

Last edited:
Assuming the juice is worth the squeeze, sure. It really depends on just how much invesgative horsepower is out into something. Hell, the Americans are still, as recently as the past week or two, making arrests in the Capitol insurrection based on video, social media scrapes, and tips. Not to say a normal public order event would merit anything close to that, but if the willpower is there, follow up investigation can carry on for quite some time.
Something that concerns me about the whole January 6th incident is just how muddy those waters have become in the context of hindsight...

I've listened to the interview with the Chief of Capitol Police and his take on everything paints a very unique picture that very much leaves us to believe it was set up from the inside, and strings were being pulled behind the scenes by government sources.

This seems reinforced when we see and hear Nancy Pelosi & company on speaker phone, saying their lines over & over again until it sounds urgent/desperate enough - getting feedback, chuckling and chatting in-between takes.

Or the National Guard staging only a few hundred feet away, but being denied permission to assist.

(If you haven't listened to that interview yet, I highly recommend...the part near the end about the national guard & military photographers was especially interesting, but the whole thing is worth a listen)

*Something that has me very confused, that I'm trying to understand, is the video that's come out of the protestors casually walking through the Capitol Building seemingly peaceful and quiet, fist bumping some of the police officers as they proceed on what looks like a friendly tour...this is in stark contrast to the violent, rampaging mob we saw storming through those same buildings back when the media first covered it...

Was the crowd a rampaging and violent mob?

Or were they getting a tour and fist bumping the police?

(Two opposite things appear to have happened here at the same time, and I'm unsure of what footage I am to rely on...if anybody has any detail that could clarify this for me, it would be much appreciated.)

And then just the random little things that have come out since...

- Suggestions that some people have been located, arrested, and incarcerated who had not attended the January 6th events at Capitol Hill

- The FBI & DHS denying having any undercover officers in the crowd at first, but now admitting they actually had quite a few officers in the crowd.

(I understand denying their presence due to OPSEC/PERSEC reasons. But when you see ''protestors' clearly directing crowds/stating objectives/coordinating timings, etc...)

What really happened that day? who was pulling the strings behind the protests? the media coverage? who allowed access to the buildings? who has been investigating the matters since that day? any concerns about the people currently incarcerated who perhaps weren't even close to those events?

The true events of that day are probably the most important details of any issue currently in the public eye, as they are being used to reshape the future of America in some very big ways right before our own eyes

(A state has gone as far as to remove a leading Presidential candidate from it's ballot, right as the beginnings of an election are underway - for the first time in American history - and it used the events of that day as it's reason for doing so...)

This is something that has to come to light as unfettered as possible. The American people have to see that they have a choice in who leads and represents the country...and if they feel that all of their choices are just different lipstick shades on the same pig, they will take matters into their own hands and fix it.

The very future of America is hanging in the balance on this one, and I don't think many Americans truly recognize the significance of that day & how much is riding on it...

(My 3 cents anyway...)

That was part of riot and crowd control 101 when we learned it back in the early 70's (using British Aden based training pams :giggle: )

(There was also "#1 Rifleman, 200, man in red shirt, 1 round, fire" 🫣)

🍻

Something that concerns me about the whole January 6th incident is just how muddy those waters have become in the context of hindsight...

I've listened to the interview with the Chief of Capitol Police and his take on everything paints a very unique picture that very much leaves us to believe it was set up from the inside, and strings were being pulled behind the scenes by government sources.

This seems reinforced when we see and hear Nancy Pelosi & company on speaker phone, saying their lines over & over again until it sounds urgent/desperate enough - getting feedback, chuckling and chatting in-between takes.

Or the National Guard staging only a few hundred feet away, but being denied permission to assist.

(If you haven't listened to that interview yet, I highly recommend...the part near the end about the national guard & military photographers was especially interesting, but the whole thing is worth a listen)

*Something that has me very confused, that I'm trying to understand, is the video that's come out of the protestors casually walking through the Capitol Building seemingly peaceful and quiet, fist bumping some of the police officers as they proceed on what looks like a friendly tour...this is in stark contrast to the violent, rampaging mob we saw storming through those same buildings back when the media first covered it...

Was the crowd a rampaging and violent mob?

Or were they getting a tour and fist bumping the police?

(Two opposite things appear to have happened here at the same time, and I'm unsure of what footage I am to rely on...if anybody has any detail that could clarify this for me, it would be much appreciated.)

And then just the random little things that have come out since...

- Suggestions that some people have been located, arrested, and incarcerated who had not attended the January 6th events at Capitol Hill

- The FBI & DHS denying having any undercover officers in the crowd at first, but now admitting they actually had quite a few officers in the crowd.

(I understand denying their presence due to OPSEC/PERSEC reasons. But when you see ''protestors' clearly directing crowds/stating objectives/coordinating timings, etc...)

What really happened that day? who was pulling the strings behind the protests? the media coverage? who allowed access to the buildings? who has been investigating the matters since that day? any concerns about the people currently incarcerated who perhaps weren't even close to those events?

The true events of that day are probably the most important details of any issue currently in the public eye, as they are being used to reshape the future of America in some very big ways right before our own eyes

(A state has gone as far as to remove a leading Presidential candidate from it's ballot, right as the beginnings of an election are underway - for the first time in American history - and it used the events of that day as it's reason for doing so...)

This is something that has to come to light as unfettered as possible. The American people have to see that they have a choice in who leads and represents the country...and if they feel that all of their choices are just different lipstick shades on the same pig, they will take matters into their own hands and fix it.

The very future of America is hanging in the balance on this one, and I don't think many Americans truly recognize the significance of that day & how much is riding on it...

(My 3 cents anyway...)
Likely one of the few crowds they could blend with and still meet dress regulations.....

Time to really show up and enforce the laws or does that just apply to if it happens in Ottawa?

Yeah not fond of shitheads

Toronto still has the Mounted Unit. Might be a little out of practice.

Attachments

• 63ea9ba75578f.image.jpg
    63ea9ba75578f.image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Metro1992.jpg
    Metro1992.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 6
Back