• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

The public is absolutely to blame for this train wreck. Most of the voters will get the government it deserves. Trudeau doesn't deserve Canada, but Canada deserves Trudeau.
That's a pretty broad brush you're using - are you including yourself in the bit in yellow? ;) #UseCareInUsingAbsolutes

The public is absolutely to blame for this train wreck. Most of the voters will get the government it deserves. Trudeau doesn't deserve Canada, but Canada deserves Trudeau.
Yup. Canadians choose to be ignorant and sheltered from reality, it shows.

I fear for the Jewish population here in Canada. Some of these mobs could care less if Israel folded tomorrow, they would still want more Jewish blood. Its a fanatical ideology and should not be tolerated here in Canada

What exactly is a pro-palestinian protestor? Seems to me they're advocating for a ceasefire so terrorists can continue ruling the gaza strip, causing even more deaths on both sides. People living in the WB and Gaza rejected a peace deal 7 times, I don't think they want to change the status quo of trying to kill every jew and eliminate Israel.

If someone is giving you a crappy offer 7 times, and you reject it 7 times is that your fault or theirs? Israel has also rejected a bunch of offers as well.

Israel has been a hard player in negotiations refusing to give anything up but demanding the formal annexation of Palestinian land. The Right to return for Palestinians is also a huge sticking point as Israel wants a Jewish state not a multiethnic one.

Just saying Palestine bad, Israel good, is a very simple and poor way of looking at it. Both sides have competing factions with opposing views.

At the end of the day Israel is the one in control of Palestinian land, not the other way around.

The stanch defence of Israel taking and controlling land isn’t applied to Russia as fairly. Does Ukraine not have a right to Crimea even if Russia controls it? If they do have a right, why should Palestine give up their rights because a more powerful foe has taken it?

(For the record I believe Ukraine does have the right, this is just to demonstrate the hypocrisy of many in their stanch defence of one but ignoring the wrong doings of others)

For the record if its a ‘terrorist group’ ruling a area they aren’t by definition a terrorist group any longer, rather a government.

Maybe people are advocating for a ceasefire because there is lots of innocent civilians being killed (which is part of Hamas’ strategy).

Maybe people are advocating for a ceasefire because there is lots of innocent civilians being killed (which is part of Hamas’ strategy).

People want a ceasefire because like all virtue signallers, they can’t grasp the bigger picture. All a ceasefire will do is give Hamas time to regroup and rearm. More innocents will die if Hamas is left to govern and control the strip. After Israel takes over Gaza and kills off hamas, the world will forget about it and people will go protesting about the climate crisis or something. Short term pain for long term gain.

Say what you want about JT, support or not. It's scary that him or any other PM's security could be so violated.

And this is coming from the Pro Hamas crowd.

A video from the protesters :

For the record if its a ‘terrorist group’ ruling a area they aren’t by definition a terrorist group any longer, rather a government.

There is always the concept of State Sponsors of Terrorism

They can be both a terrorist group and a government. In addition there are instances of governments not being recognized.

Say what you want about JT, support or not. It's scary that him or any other PM's security could be so violated.

It’s entirely his choice to get in that close with his sleeves rolled up and his tie slacked of to middle class looseness. PMPD will no doubt do their job, but his belief that people will 100% fawn in his presence is a hard mark of his narcissistic behavior believing that everyone is enamored with his moistly-spoken words of wisdom…

It’s entirely his choice to get in that close with his sleeves rolled up and his tie slacked of to middle class looseness. PMPD will no doubt do their job, but his belief that people will 100% fawn in his presence is a hard mark of his narcissistic behavior believing that everyone is enamored with his moistly-spoken words of wisdom…

There’s a difference between expecting them to “100% fawn”, and expecting them to at least no get wild to the point of eye-gouging a cop.

Don’t forget that those police - whether PMPD or local municipal services securing the area - are a bunch of guys and girls just like us who want and deserve to go home safe at the end of shift. Yeah they’ll do their job, but that job is getting worse and worse.

There’s a difference between expecting them to “100% fawn”, and expecting them to at least no get wild to the point of eye-gouging a cop.

Don’t forget that those police - whether PMPD or local municipal services securing the area - are a bunch of guys and girls just like us who want and deserve to go home safe at the end of shift. Yeah they’ll do their job, but that job is getting worse and worse.
I know you’re not preaching to me specifically, as I get it and in fact know some PMPD folks and continue to wish them safety in the conduct of their duties, however, in their TRA for each venue, they’ll have to assess now what layout and presence makes sense for the new reality. Trudeau can speak as breathily as he wants to, but he has fomented divisiveness and shaped the pitting of numerous groups against each other, only to PMsplain to them why they should just all get along. His actions and words are disingenuous and contribute significantly to the rising danger against him and those charged with protecting him.

I know you’re not preaching to me specifically, as I get it and in fact know some PMPD folks and continue to wish them safety in the conduct of their duties, however, in their TRA for each venue, they’ll have to assess now what layout and presence makes sense for the new reality. Trudeau can speak as breathily as he wants to, but he has fomented divisiveness and shaped the pitting of numerous groups against each other, only to PMsplain to them why they should just all get along. His actions and words are disingenuous and contribute significantly to the rising danger against him and those charged with protecting him.

Yup- not giving you any grief there or anything, I know your professional world has intersected that one.

Not just with the PM, but across the country’s political leadership the threat picture seems to just be really ramping up. It feels like only a matter of time before someone ends up getting killed.

Yup- not giving you any grief there or anything, I know your professional world has intersected that one.

Not just with the PM, but across the country’s political leadership the threat picture seems to just be really ramping up. It feels like only a matter of time before someone ends up getting killed.
I hope it doesn’t come to that, but I will also not be surprised if the worsening situation is manipulated and leveraged by politicians to serve their purpose— normally I get that politicians can be good at playing a manipulative game, but doing so with a worsening sense of instability and danger shouldn’t be where they go…but….*I believe there we will be…

Last edited:

I saw that movie. Good thing we've got the Rat Hat on general issue now ;)

Animated GIF

Wild. I can't recall any police officers having their eyes gouged during the trucker protest in Ottawa. Just a ghost bike thrown at one.

I don't blame Trudeau for his cowardly comments in that video about Israel. He is just trying to avoid all these Pro-Hamas supporters going ape shit in Canada.
It's much safer to disparage Israel than Palestine.

only 1/3 voted for him. There are only 2 people responsible for this train wreck as you phrased it. Trudeau, himself, and Jagmeet who supports him. If you wish to attach further responsibility how about those liberal and NDP MPs who behave like a parade of rats responding to the flute of the Pied Piper

A video from the protesters :

I can’t stand the guy, but that’s not cool.

Back