• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Honest question, what's the correlation ?
McGill and Concordia are the two major anglo colleges in Quebec.

The post below depicts pretty well, I think, what many Anglo Canadians are slowly coming to terms with. That multiculturalism is an unworkable fairy tale. Quebec does have its fair share of delusional blank slatists (we call them Gauche bobo - for bourgeoise -, or bien-pensants), but they are restrained by the national sentiment of others.

The willing erasure of Canada - as a nation - has made Canada - as a country - a battleground for other peoples' proxy conflicts.

The post below depicts pretty well, I think, what many Anglo Canadians are slowly coming to terms with. That multiculturalism is an unworkable fairy tale. Quebec does have its fair share of delusional blank slatists (we call them Gauche bobo - for bourgeoise -, or bien-pensants), but they are restrained by the national sentiment of others.

The willing erasure of Canada - as a nation - has made Canada - as a country - a battleground for other peoples' proxy conflicts.

Ah, seen. Thank you.

Reactions: ueo
I would suggest a background check similar to someone trying to obtain employment with the CAF or any other law enforcement agency. If a would be immigrant is not able to be cleared to work in law enforcement or in the CAF, then why would we allow them into our country.
That works fine if we have an information sharing agreement with the source country. Otherwise, it would limit immigration to a handful of countries (unless that is the implied goal).

Just to be clear, I am speaking from some personal experience here. I've had to go and get student visa's in the past when I did my Master's degree in Belgium/Holland. Had to have a complete medical physical done as part of getting a student visa back in 1993 for Belgium/Holland, had to go to their Consulates in Toronto to be 'physically' seen by them, interviewed, etc. My father had to submit a financial summary to them. Had to get police background check. Once there in Belgium had to go and register with the local Police department, handover my Passport/Visa for a copy of it, had to provide proof of my apartment lease, that I had opened a bank account, be interviewed by them. Similar process when I got a job in the Czech Republic in 1995 and had to get a work permit and again when I had to get it reviewed after it expired after 1yr.

Not surprised…
UN resolutions criticizing Israel are unsurprising. What was surprising was when 2334 passed at the UNSC in 2016 because the US declined to exercise its veto. Between that and the JCPOA (the deal with Iran) and various other frictions of the time, it's clear that Israel hasn't really had a friend in the US while Democrats are running the administrations. But I see Obama was recently out there talking about how "we" all share the blame. "We" is how people talk when they're trying to disperse their own f*ckups.

UN resolutions criticizing Israel are unsurprising. What was surprising was when 2334 passed at the UNSC in 2016 because the US declined to exercise its veto. Between that and the JCPOA (the deal with Iran) and various other frictions of the time, it's clear that Israel hasn't really had a friend in the US while Democrats are running the administrations. But I see Obama was recently out there talking about how "we" all share the blame. "We" is how people talk when they're trying to disperse their own f*ckups.
Enter Bill Clinton and Rwanda into the chatroom.

Which reminds me of a quote ;)

“University politics make me long for the simplicity of the Middle East.”​

Henry Kissinger

2334 passed because it was actually morally correct to pass. We simply abstained from the vote, but while a lot of people feel it was a slap at Israel, who I would guess have not read the (entirely arduous three pages of text /sarcasm) Resolution. While the top is a critique of Israel’s settlement beyond the treaty lands, there is a lot of language to both parties to adhere to International Law, and their previous commitments.

Some strong statements from global leaders in support of Israel. Some are surprising, but welcome.

Any lasting settlement in the conflict is going to have to involve the Israeli government addressing the far right settler issue. Unfortunately they are currently at a political high tide as the Likud party has pandered to them in order to remain in power (and out of jail).
Far Right and Far Left groups have entirely too much influence in the politics of what should be moderate parties with genuine and differences of opinion. What would otherwise be reasonable people are being dragged along into stupid policies simply to remain in power.

:mad:

Back