• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guys I really need some advice about my life.... joining the army is an option

canada94 said:
Your very right there isn't. The reserves will give you a taste of what it's like to be in the regular forces, actually more then a taste. Talk to a recruiter or call your local CFRC.

I hate being a douche bag and reading someones profile and then dropping it on them in public but yours suggest you're in the process of joining the reserves.  That's awesome and you have a great attitude with a lot of zeal but you gotta becareful when you make comments like the underlined above-since you're not speaking from experience.

Grimaldus said:
I hate being a douche bag and reading someones profile and then dropping it on them in public but yours suggest you're in the process of joining the reserves.  That's awesome and you have a great attitude with a lot of zeal but you gotta becareful when you make comments like the underlined above-since you're not speaking from experience.

defiantly  true, I'm not in the Reserves and am now going to wait until after high school to join the Regulars, I was more referring to him somewhat bashing the Reserves as a "boy scout club". I knew personally 2 Casualties of the Afghan mission both being from my post and now current residence. I also have two friends at my high school who are in the Reserves, but as you said your right I am not speaking from experience, more just common sense (reserves are soldiers that die for our country to, not boy scouts) and the Reserves is an experience similar to the Regs

Mike

PS :D: I do not think you where being a douche bag by pointing that out, its fact, and to me personally fact's being stated does not make someone a douche bag

nairna said:
Like most are saying, the best way for you to get information is to do some research on www.forces.ca to find out where you think your interests meet the trades that the Canadian Forces has to offer. The next step would be to go directly to a CFRC, there I am sure you will receive some excellent information about all aspects of the Canadian Forces from jobs, life, and so on. I would also like to point out that the Canadian Forces is not something that you can just fall back on, as you must apply and be a competitive applicant with academics, extra curricular activities, and so on. Having it as third choice or back up, as mentioned by another is not something that an Officer, a leader, in our countries military can afford. This has to be a 110% choice, body and soul so to speak. My last piece I am going to add, just from my perspective is that a very pessimistic attitude seems to be coming from most of your posts. The reserves, doubts of the competence of the CFs recruiters...your future? These people will help you as best as they can and their best is usually pretty good. The reserves are an excellent group of soldiers, sailors, airmen and airwomen, their challanges are not for anyone to address that have not endured it.

Just find out what works best for you. Whether it be civilian or military and go after it. Everyone has something they love, you just need to find it.

All the best

Thanks for your opinion. I don't see how I am showing pessimistic attitude. In fact I have no opinion (nor I am trying to act like i do) of my own simply because I have zero experience about the forces.

I am quoting others (about the reserves)  and looking for people to shed some light on the issue, (if enough people make it an issue, then maybe there is something there) which I do appreciate because I know it's not fun to always help the noob. 

I don't want to make this a debate but since when does listing a 3rd option make it the last option or the last resort? Maybe I was not clear and should have said option 1A, 1B, 1C or maybe I should have re-arranged my options. I take all my options seriously, and I will pick the best one that is made available to me as should everyone. 

Thanks for the input not trying to stir shit but i am taking my options seriously.

eurodin said:
I don't want to make this a debate but since when does listing a 3rd option make it the last option or the last resort? Maybe I was not clear and should have said option 1A, 1B, 1C or maybe I should have re-arranged my options. I take all my options seriously, and I will pick the best one that is made available to me as should everyone. 

As with any group, some people here take things literally, and get overly blunt about expressing their opinions.

The point to take away is that once you decide (if you decide) that pursuing a military career is your first choice, then it becomes your one true focus as long as its a viable option.

Michael O'Leary said:
As with any group, some people here take things literally, and get overly blunt about expressing their opinions.

The point to take away is that once you decide (if you decide) that pursuing a military career is your first choice, then it becomes your one true focus as long as its a viable option.

very well put

Back