• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gunsmithing

• Thread starter Sapper Major
  • Start date
S

Sapper Major

I am looking for a gunsmithing school in ontario and have had no luck in locating one.
I was hoping one of you might know of one. The guys up at Milcon got there taining down in colorado, this for me is not an option!

Any assistance would be a great help.

Is that trade alive and well in Canada?

Australia and Canada are so similar in gun laws, so beware. I used to own over 90 firearms in canada and I had an extensive collection. Sold it all 10 yrs ago to come out here. I have an Aussie version of a FAC, but as of yet, almost 10 yrs later, I don‘t own a gun at all, but I am alsways looking.

I often shoot over 900rd of 5.56 x 45mm F1 ball every week, so I get my fix test firing F88 IWs and others.

Sadly here it has become a casualty of an anti-gun war fueled by a one sided media, a govt with a hidden agenda, and a populus who have become brainwashed by the two outlets I just mentioned.

Only the hard core gun owners have their guns, and it is such a big giant crock of BS the govt keeps throwing at them. mant pack it in because of the red tape, etc.

Gunsmithing is dead here. There is just two or 3 gun shops in Sydney (4,000,000 people).

As an Armourer in the Australian Army, I am doomed once I decide to retire.

My options, work as a Govt civvy aromourer for Defence ( for half of what I get as a SGT), for the police, or maybe find some seasonal work if there is a movie on. The last big flick was The Thin red Line, filmed in Queensland.

If may make a suggestion, find another trade which you will be able to support yourself and family with.

But whatever yoiur choice, I wish you luck.
Cheers,

Wes

Back