• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Grenade camera to aid UK troops

stryte

Inactive
Reaction score
A "grenade" camera, that would enable soldiers to look into hazardous areas, is being developed for UK troops.

Dubbed the I-Ball the wireless device is robust enough to survive being thrown onto a battlefield.

The I-Ball's internal camera gives a 360 degree view, with images being sent from the instant it is launched.

It is thought the new technology would enable soldiers to see into potential danger spots without putting themselves at risk of ambush.

The ball can be fired from a grenade launcher - or thrown into a room - giving troops vital information of who - or what - is on the ground or around the corner.

The rest of the article including pictures can be found here: Article Link

This actually seems a very useful idea. But I suppose the "danger-zones" would be limited. If they were engaged and threw one of these into the enemies area then after they figure out it is not going to explode they will probably just give 'er a good stomp.

But still, those few images shown would be enough to tell you exactly how many people and what is in the said zone.

Sounds good.  ;)

Pilon,

Please don't forget to do a search before posting. Daft already posted it here in another thread ahead of you:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/64325.new.html#new

Thanks for letting me know CD. I took a quick look through recent topic titles but like you mentioned, I should have done a proper search first.  :-[

Back