• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Graves and Memorials

Bill Smy

Inactive
Reaction score
The Department of Veterans Affairs has a site which lists the graves of over 116,000 Canadians which they tend. They are asking for email photographs of the men and women listed on their site. If you know of a man or woman who was KIA or died as a result of military service, visit this site, and if you have a photo, send it.

www.vac.acc.gc.ca

When you‘re on the home page go to Virtual Memorials.

The Directorate of History and Heritage at NDHQ and the Organization of Military Museums is attempting to create a comprehensive National Inventory of Military Memorials. Again, they are asking for digital images and information.

www.forces.gc.ca/hr/dhh/memorial/

If you‘ve an avid interest in Canadian military history, these are two worthwhile projects to support.

:fifty:

I would just like to comment on the Dept. of Veteran‘s Affairs / National Archives. I sent off an order recently for copies of the files on four of my relatatives who served during WW I. Within a few weeks I received a package of at least 300 pages. Very interesting stuff, I think they are great people working up there and urge others to follow suit. I just wish WW II records were just as easy to acquire.

Back