• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got tha infamous Call

I am heading to St jean for the 16th of oct and the course ends Feb 2. I take it this is one of those enhanced Bmq/SQ's. I am going infantry so does thsi mean I will do my MOC training after or still have to do parts of SQ. I have searched and found mixed thoughts from others. Does anyone know for sure?

Well, I finally made it!!!!  I'm sworn in and waiting for the plane ride!!  I have to admit, I'm a little nervous, but Im ready to go. I've heard that it's not too bad, but I've heard the opposite as well.  From what I can tell, it was a lot worse 2 years ago, then it is today.  We'll see.

I'm hoping to meet new people, have some laughs, and maintain shape!  I'm gonna hate being away from family, as I have never been apart from my 14 month old boy, or my Fiancee EVER!!!  But I look at it in the long run, it'll be worth it!!!

So to all of you already there, I'll see ya next week!!

Wich me luck!

-AVN-Nuno

I start Basic on the 9th as well, fly out of Halifax this Sunday, good ol 0630, be at the airport 2 hours early.  dang!!

See ya there!

I got a phone call today from the Mtl recruitment office, it was to inform me that the person overlooking my file had come across a note on my file saying that I would like to be placed in Val-Cartier, the woman informed me that unless I had done my highschool in french and passed my cfat in french that it was policy to be sent to an english regiment. She asked where I prefered to go, between Calgary or Petawawa, I chose Pet. because it is closer to home and this way on my weekends off I could drive home to see my familly instead of being stuck in Calgary all year around and only getting to come home for vacations. IE: I want to be able to travel come my vacation time, I dont want to be stuck spending 1 out of my 2 weeks at home just because I hadn't seen my familly all year, so Pet made sence.

Anyways, the point being, she marked that I wanted to be sent to Pet, and told me that my file would be under review by the application selection people, she said that I should be recieving a call this week and at latest next week!!

I officially handed in my last piece of paper work two weeks ago, I have been merit listed since then, I am looking forward to hear from them again this week or next with an offer.

Anyways, Just wanted to update on what was going on with my file, I will reply to this post as soon as I get my offer, I imagine that the September 10th date is well filled up by now, and that I should have an offer for either the end of September or the begining of October, either which way I will be pleased, I will keep up the training and keep up with the possitivity, I am soo close to being in that I can smell it.

Just wanted to add on a little extra msg, Good luck to all those who Have been accepted already, who are leaving this month on the 13th, and all those leaving in the next months to come, I hope all of your application processes are record fast and I wish you all a great carreer in the CF.

Next time you hear from me it will be with a departure date..

Sincerely

-Joshua.

:salute:

Just FYI, but infamous has a negative connotation, and although I suppose it could be applicable to a call to go to basic since it is definitely evil enough to qualify I don't think that's what was intended. :)

Congratulations to all on receiving your call and good luck!

http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/infamous

Main Entry: in·fa·mous 
Pronunciation: \ˈin-fə-məs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin infamis, from in- + fama fame
Date: 14th century
1 : having a reputation of the worst kind : notoriously evil <an infamous traitor>
2 : causing or bringing infamy : disgraceful <an infamous crime>
3 : convicted of an offense bringing infamy

I think the original poster had the quality the soldiers in the CF require, when he first posted it - a sense of humour.  I think it was that tongue-in-cheek type of comment that some use from time to time.

Back