• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got tha infamous Call

Trinity said:
Just remember... you know nothing.
Even if you know it.. you know nothing.
Be the GREYMAN!!!!!

I was the greyman on EVERY COURSE but
one (CFJLC/CFJNCO included)... 

And.. for the love of god.. Don't stand out!

I don't think there's a better piece of advice for recruits. 

Enjoy the experience Guy. 

schultz.JPG

hows that?

Nothing like working towards a goal with no guarantee of success.... then suddenly being hit in the face with the call you've been waiting to get for months upon months.

Congrats and make your country proud!

HEy guys thought I would let everyone know that I got my job offer call today!! I was sooo happy :) So I get sworn in August 25 and I'm off to BMQ September 11 in Meaford Ont. Yeah I thought Meaford was a weird place for BMQ I asked why I wouldn't be going to St. Jean and the Mcpl said that there was too many people there already. So course starts Sept 11 and finishes Dec. 8. One question though does anyone know how to get to Meaford? Wopuld I have to take a bus to Barrie than another bus to Meaford. Oh also the Mcpl will be mailing me my joining intructions either today or tomorrow. So hope to see some people in Meaford in a little bit. :salute: I'm stoked :D

To get to Meaford you drive to the end of the world and then turn right.... but seriously.

Driving, Highway 400 to Highway 26. Check a map, there's a couple of turns involved.

By bus. Greyhound has service from the Airport and from the Bay Street Bus Station. GO runs a bus from Union to Newmarket and then from Newmarket to Barrie. From Barrie there is a once a day Greyhound to Owen Sound. Everything arrives and departs Barrie from the Maple Street Terminal. Get off that bus in Meaford town and get a cab 'up top'.

Oh and BTW read the Advice for FNG's post....

Armyrules, congrats man, glad you made it.  I got the same course date as you for combat engineer, only I'm comming in from Vancouver.  I got the call this morning, I've been bouncing off the walls since.  See ya there man! :salute:

Congratulations Armyrules and Canadian Bacon, keep up the good work over there as well, YOU ROCK!!!! :salute:

cheers snowy

Do you know if Meaford is only for certain trades?  Does a sig op reservist get sent there too?  My terms of service are on my way from #1 Wing to my unit as we speak...  should know in a week what the military has in store for me! WHOA!  :eek:  ;D

commIT said:
Do you know if Meaford is only for certain trades?  Does a sig op reservist get sent there too?  My terms of service are on my way from #1 Wing to my unit as we speak...  should know in a week what the military has in store for me! WHOA!   :eek:   ;D

Reserve Sig Ops perform their BMQ/SQ as a general rule at CFB Shilo, in Manitoba at the Communications Reserve School. The school only runs during the summer. Your unit may send you on a BMQ with a local Militia unit, or you may do a weekend one, but this is unlikely as it doesn't happen very frequently with the Comm Res

Gotchya!  Yeah, when I was talking with 745 Comm, they mentioned Shilo was the place to go, but now that I'm joining 408, they seem to think Borden or St. Jean will be my home for the next few months.  Even though I will where the green, I'm still attached and serve with blue--does that have any bearing where I go you think?

Back