• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got my remuster to 011, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries

Inactive
Reaction score
So, my remuster is effective 14 jul 08, and I have a few questions.

1. What are the course dates for the next few months?

2.Who would I contact for course loadings?

3. Is it completely unrealistic to ask for a posting in Gagetown?  I have a sigs background, so I was curious if I could be a sig storesman or TCCCS SME over there if there are no "true" armoured positions there.

4. I read and understood the post on the DP1 breakdown. I am already qualified on everything except the PCF and history of the regiments. Will that affect anything?

There may be more questions to follow, and I appreciate any and all answers.

I look forward to working in the 011 aspect.

Aries.  First off, you going to Gagetown for at least your training is highly likely.  The Armour School is there and always looking for people so that is a possibility for a posting afterwards as well.  It used to be advantageous to go to a Regiment and get driver/gunner time but teh school is so bust these days that you are sure to get more time if you stay there!!

I am not too positive how they treat "pre-trained" people anymore but it would be good to do te complete DP1 as it will give you a chance to see how the Corps runs its training and how we work in crews.

Jumping straight to a sigs or storeman position is unlikely. You'll probably start low and work your way up to the "cushy" jobs.

For your info, the new trade MOS is 00005.  011 has gone the way of the dinosaur me thinks.

Good luck with a very interesting carerr change.  I hope you will enjoy your nwefound job where you have to actually work, unlike a sigs job!!

(gotta start brainwashing you now...)

Aries said:
4. I read and understood the post on the DP1 breakdown. I am already qualified on everything except the PCF and history of the regiments. Will that affect anything?

???

I don't see how you could be qualified on everything, if you are currently a Sig.  DP1 Sig does not convert over to DP1 Crewman.  As a Crewman, I have seen many young Sigs of Cpl rank who have the worse VP of anyone on the Net.  I hope you aren't figuring that being a Sig will give you any form of bypass.

Aries said:
So, my remuster is effective 14 jul 08, and I have a few questions.

1. What are the course dates for the next few months?

Continuous.Currently being ran at regiments as well.You may not do your DP1 at the armd school.
Aries said:
2.Who would I contact for course loadings?

WTF? You;ll go to PAT platoon/holding troop and say yes Cpl/Mcpl/Sgt till your told your going on course.

Aries said:
3. Is it completely unrealistic to ask for a posting in Gagetown?  I have a Sig's background, so I was curious if I could be a sig storesman or TCCCS SME over there if there are no "true" armoured positions there.

No.you will be in holding troop with all the unqualified people.People like yourself were usually a bane to my existence."We did this on my PLQ in the militia...etc...etc"Those people also performed VERY poorly compared to other new troops.Wipe the chip off your shoulder now.If there are any people like myself working there now,you'll hear what I think of your previous training.STFU and get over yourself.You'll do everything the other troop's are going to do.Full stop.

You will be a driver.You will drive and do maintenance.If your a TCCCS SME the crewcommander may let you inside the turret to get serial numbers for him.Which you will appreciate after being inside your hole for 72 hours strait.

You can be posted to Gagetown.Put in a memo to your course staff.C sqn RCD is there as well as beaucoup driving positions.
However don't bet being posted there.You'll go where told,or release.

Aries said:

See #3.
You are a unqualified soldier again.Live with it.
The two chevrons (if at all)that are on your chest means nothing.You will have Cpl's screaming at you as you are the bottom of the food chain.You are 2 cm from being hull sludge.

Have fun on course.

George Wallace said:
... As a Crewman, I have seen many young Sigs of Cpl rank who have the worse VP of anyone on the Net. 

That is because when you crewmen hear cansup VP, you dont know what to do. ;)

X-Mo.. RCD go bye bye..

There is no longer a squadron tasked to the Armour School.  It went from C Sqn to A Sqn VIIICH, then handed off to the school.

We are also a more gentler army, we don't do means things to the new people, don't want to scare them away...

DP1 are currently being done at certain locations, not just at the school.

You may very well find yourself in Pet on course and be posted to one of the squadrons here as a driver.

As for wanting to know course dates and where they will place you....that'll all come from your current OR or PAT plt.

As for your qualifications, they will follow you. Regimental History isn't a qualification though.      ;)

You'll be starting as a brand new crewman so your learning curve will be steep as there is more to the job that being "just a driver"...regardless of either being a tanker or in Recce.

Welcome to the Corps.

Bzzz....C Sqn RCD is in Gagetown. Things have changed since you were there last.

Regards

WHAT?!?!?!

That's awesome..

(pulls foot from mouth, sorry for the misinfo X-Mo)

Yep, bunch of guys from here in Pet got posted to C sqn in gagetown and head out in July.

But I'm curious about what the original poster said.  You claimed your qualified in everythign except Regimental history and PCF (whatever that is)  Since when do Sigs get qualified in AFV levels 1 and 2? Not to mention dismounted recce, mounted recce, leaguers, hides, coyote D&M, Coyote Surv. Op etc etc etc.  On my DP1 a few of the Cpls who thought they were too "qualified" to be doing DP1 really didn't know jack and scored lower on tests because they didn't "need" to study or pay attention.

And as one of the other posters stated....park this "I have time in and know things" attitude at the door.  The instructors will be all over you otherwise.

P.S. if you got your OT to amoured and are already asking if you can be tasked to Sig stores....why did you even bother OTing in the first place? ???

RCDtpr, PCF is Primary Combat Function, your first "job" (Driver, gunner, surv op, etc...)

All Aries said was that he knew TCCCS and could be employed in a position that needed that skill set IF there were no armour positions in Gagetown.  He did not imply in any way that he wanted to remain a comms trade. 

Not knowing what position he has come from in the military and not even knowing his actual trade (though seeing his name, and where he is posted can give me an idea), he may very well have participated in leaguers, hides, coyote D&M (Bison is pretty darn close) and have other vehicle qualification beneficial to our trade.  Heck, if he has some time in Afghanistan he may have even done some REAL dismounted patrols vs the ones the instructors put you through on your DP1.

Aries, you said you'd have more questions, feel free to ask them.  I am sure there is an abundance of knowledge in this forum ready to help out.

Bzzliteyr said:
WHAT?!?!?!

That's awesome..

(pulls foot from mouth, sorry for the misinfo X-Mo)

Don't worry buzz,away in the sand pit for 6 month's AND posted to that other fine quebec regiment will leave you outta the gagetown loop.

Seem's like yesturday we were working there together wishing to make parole. ;D

Aries if you have any questions PM me.I taught there for 2 years and currently have friends teaching on the DP1 at the RCD.

Don't get me wrong.  My intention wasn't to jump down his throat or anything.  Sorry if it came off that way. 

In answer to the gagetown postings there are a lot of driver positons available at the K lines.  Keep in mind though that these postings range anywhere from only 3 months to a year.  And right now C sqn is tough to get into apparently, so you should probably get ready to be heading to Pet or whatever regiment you get slated in.

Of course, back in the day everyone wanted to go play with the awesome Coyotes, the future of the Corps.. RECCE!!!!  Tank are going the way of the dinosaur I heard.. yeah.. that's it.. now all the keen recce geeks want to be tankers, even though they bad mouthed us "dirty tankers" for all those years.. GRR

X Mo.. hmm.. who might you be?

RCDtpr said:
Don't get me wrong.  My intention wasn't to jump down his throat or anything.  Sorry if it came off that way. 

In answer to the gagetown postings there are a lot of driver positons available at the K lines.  Keep in mind though that these postings range anywhere from only 3 months to a year.  And right now C sqn is tough to get into apparently, so you should probably get ready to be heading to Pet or whatever regiment you get slated in.

word has it that C sqn is full.

I re-read my original post a couple of times and still can't figure out where people can see any kind of "attitude"? Maybe pointing it out to me will help me clarify.

As for the ref to Sig Stores, it is a very lowly position where I am from, and they usually shove the broken/useless people or hand it off to SQ. That's why I was curious, and didn't know the best and brightest worked this cushy job.

And for those already assuming i think i am king-<poopy> and will have this attitude on my three's: why so quick to jump the gun?

You honestly think that when I remustered I thought it was going to be hunky-dory and life goes on? No! I knew that I'd be starting off at square 0 again and would have to bear the weight of being an FNG all over again. I got big shoulder's, I can handle it.

I honestly had no idea that the regiments themselves could run DP1's (if i understood that correctly).

As for the "qualified on everything EXCEPT the PCF" meant that I have my qual's on things like the9 and 6 and M72 and all the fun stuff. I understand that I'll just have to re-qual(probably the "real" way as some of you want to think). but on things like the G-wagon and TCCCS, will I be getting completely different quals or just driving time and radio time respectively.

And yes, the sigs are often told we have horrible VP because we go by the book. I told know how many times other trades gave me hell, thinking WILCO is something only said in the bad american war movies.

ACP Cansupp * *, It's a good thing to have.

To sum up, I am starting at the bottom of the totem pole with the knowledge of having been a useful functioning soldier at some point, so all this "I am sludge" and cpl's yelling at me will accomplish barely anything. Nice try though.

Aries said:
To sum up, I am starting at the bottom of the totem pole with the knowledge of having been a useful functioning soldier at some point, so all this "I am sludge" and cpl's yelling at me will accomplish barely anything. Nice try though.

You were a functional sig,my 17 year old driver has more function than yourself right now.

We don't have sig stores.We have Qm's where that stuff is stored.Once you have a bit of time in the corp you'll understand why we put decent guys there.

Once you've been in the "system" for a few years as Aries has, you too will not put up with much BS.  You know what the correct way to talk to and react to people is and if someone crosses that line by say, powertripping or something then I am sure you too would use tact and raise the point with that person.  Aries will come into the trade not being "army dumb" but being "armour dumb", if you know what I mean.

Just cause he's a noob with us doesn't mean he's a noob with the way things run, or protocol, or dress regs, etc.. he will surely be an asset in those departments once on course.

"ACK" is another one that people hate a ton yet it's in the comms "bible".  COMSEC suggests keeping things short and sweet for security, that term doesn't get used enough if ask me.

Bzzliteyr said:
Good luck with a very interesting carerr change.  I hope you will enjoy your nwefound job where you have to actually work, unlike a sigs job!!

Hey Bzz, I filled my share of sandbags on that damn sandy hill last August!! Some of us try to work.  ;D

Puck Chaser, didn't we all...  you understand that dig was for fun...

Wow, I just realized that my first post was riddled with typos.  My apologies to all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back