• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Good Plan??

Langevin

Inactive
Reaction score
Im living in quebec and in grade 10 going on 11 but i stopped going to school my plan is to get a job to pay for adult ed because i need my sec3 math and science and im turning 17 march 9th i plan to sign up as soon as i can, think its a good plan??or do you think i might need to stay back for another year?? hope thats not the situation though....

i bring up the subject because i read in a post grades are a big thing... and i plan to stay in the army for full time as infantry

Langevin said:
Im living in quebec and in grade 10 going on 11 but i stopped going to school my plan is to get a job to pay for adult ed because i need my sec3 math and science and im turning 17 march 9th i plan to sign up as soon as i can, think its a good plan??or do you think i might need to stay back for another year?? hope thats not the situation though....

i bring up the subject because i read in a post grades are a big thing... and i plan to stay in the army for full time as infantry

Dont be a fool....stay in school !!

Yea, best thing to do is stay in school. You can read dozens of posts and situations similar to yours and everyone will say the same thing (Stay in school).

I am 17, and last year I was planning on taking that same route, dropping out of HS at 10-11, and taking 12 through Correspondence. But instead I will be graduating this fall because I chose to increase my course loads instead of dropping out of High School. This way I can still apply for regs at an early age, and have my HS done if somethings goes wrong.

Best luck whatever you choose to do,
Regards,
Pat

Edited* I'm not sure how the education system in Quebec works, but its something too look into.

Honestly theres 2 kinds of people in the World. Civilans and Military. I am 16 years old and i am ready to K*** the tailban (for moderators). If you've been hyped up about joining infintary-army since the age of tweleve like I have you probabley should still go for grade 12 like I am. I am going to keep my body in shape. Also I AM going to increase my work load also, so i can get the  FRIG OUTTA HERE, and start going around the world, fighting, getting that addrenline rush!!!! Is that what infintary's like?

People like you and FutureMilitary need to stay in school. That pesky English language ain't gonna learn itself.

FutureMilitary said:
                             Honestly theres 2 kinds of people in the World. Civilans and Military. I am 16 years old and i am ready to K*** the tailban (for moderators). If you've been hyped up about joining infintary-army since the age of tweleve like I have you probabley should still go for grade 12 like I am. I am going to keep my body in shape. Also I AM going to increase my work load also, so i can get the  FRIG OUTTA HERE, and start going around the world, fighting, getting that addrenline rush!!!! Is that what infintary's like?

Dont be a fool.......go work at wal-mart  ::)

Roy Harding said:
Finish High School (period).
+2.
Honestly theres 2 kinds of people in the World. Civilans and Military. I am 16 years old and i am ready to K*** the tailban (for moderators). If you've been hyped up about joining infintary-army since the age of tweleve like I have you probabley should still go for grade 12 like I am. 
less sugar, fewer war movies.
I am going to keep my body in shape. Also I AM going to increase my work load also, so i can get the  FRIG OUTTA HERE, and start going around the world, fighting, getting that addrenline rush!!!!
make sure that some of that work load includes grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Is that what infintary's like?
no.

because how quebec works i only need sec 3 to join in and our high schools go up to grade 11

Langevin said:
because how quebec works i only need sec 3 to join in and our high schools go up to grade 11

I come from "la belle province"

STAY IN SCHOOL

You know, if me and paracowboy give you this advice too many more times, we are going to start charging.

ok so im joining the reserves so i can finish high school and once im done high school im going to join the army... better?? lol im asking because id prefer a second oppinion i think its good  :)

:salute: :cdn:

It really doesnt matter what career you are undertaking, be it civilian or military. High School is simply a must have nowadays. To be blunt, you would be an absolute fool to drop out of High School.

I stuck it out, and I hated it just as much as the next guy. My grades werent the best, but I eventually graduated nonetheless. If you cant even do that, whats to say you can handle the military (believe it or not, theres books, timings and even longer days than school).

Show some tenacity, suck it up and do it.

Funny thing is, I graduated high school and after 16 years in the CF, sometimes I wish I could go back to high school when life was simple.

Sh0rtbUs said:
It really doesnt matter what career you are undertaking, be it civilian or military. High School is simply a must have nowadays. To be blunt, you would be an absolute fool to drop out of High School.

I stuck it out, and I hated it just as much as the next guy. My grades werent the best, but I eventually graduated nonetheless. If you cant even do that, whats to say you can handle the military (believe it or not, theres books, timings and even longer days than school).

Show some tenacity, suck it up and do it.

+1

Think down the road if you want to go UTP or CFR (programs for becoming and officer), or do more education on your own. You will find that there are a lot of roadblocks to continued education if you dont have your High School done, meaning you have to go back to college or through the forces to get your Gr.12 equivalent (usually called a GED). If you join up and then leave the CF later, for whatever reason, you will find that most employers will expect a minimum of grade 12 education plus experience.  Its a lot easier to get it done now while you are young.

Back