• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going for testing July 19

armyrules

Reaction score
Hey all thought I would let everyone know that I will be doing my CFAT,medical and interview in that order. Just in case anyone asks my trades chosen are Sig Op, Material Technician and Infantry. Can't wait to get all my S#$% aon the go I so anxious. Will keep everyone posted of how my progress goes.:salute:

hehe , dont get to carried away. You forgot P/T  :p 

But good luck, I aced the CFAT , and all the other testsw, but thats just me. Dont worry. I'll give you a tip - Rest and become.

If you read these boards, people always wait for "The Call" Job offer. Well here is a tip

Just prepare yourself for all the tests that way you will sertainly be above average, and for interview dress casual and bring the "Preparing for Intervie Sheet" remeber you are in there for 30 min or so with the interviewer, so keep smiling and be serious when you anwser. That way he will say "Welcome aboard" and you can double check with him by asking him "I am just curious, does this mean I am getting a job" and he will say " we will call you tomorrow or sometime this week and let you know for sure. But they usually call you next day and go yeah "We have a job offer for you, do you accept" and if you say yes then they send you all the information or you can pick it up w.e you feel like doing.

Good Luck, you can read my other post if you are scared about everything ill post it soon.

EDIT: Ok here ill just quote what I said

The Recruiting Office / Basic Training / Re: Chill out!  on: July 09, 2006, 14:30:13 
I agree, with all your posts im rolling in with my unit in sept,

only info i used was internet to find the # for my RC. I made a few posts on this forum , but that was about other things.

Anyway, the process for me is going really smooth , ive done the sample AP on the canadian forces web site, dont be scared, this is not going into space.

All you are doing is:
Meeting all requirements
Filling out a couple pages of forms (they are long and ask same information over and over, but they are not hard to fill out, Just DONT LIE!! or it will slow down your process)
Getting your CFAT scheduled - honestly there is no tricks to it.,  go to the canadian forces website and try the 4-5 questions that are on there. If you can do questions that are close to that then you should have no worries about falling - YOU WILL PASS IF U COME RESTED AND PREPARED. by prepared I mean , have your glasses if you need them, have a good breakfest and just get your *** in shape and do 110%  .

Medical testing isnt hard!, all they do is messure your blood, you pee on a peice of paper, and if you come clean to them before the medical tests actually start, you will be  very successful in it.

Physical Testings isnt as hard as you hear/read/view/ w.e you can come up with. Just go there well rested, dont work out the day before rest your body. just watch some cartoons or w.e you do and just relax. Show up the next day . do your 9 min of steps, if you can do that then you are much closer to passing. Once you are done your 9min of steps and you do good you move on to the next round etc. Then just pull off 19 Sit -Ups and honestly dont be scared, if you cant do 19 in 30 seconds you shouldnt be applying into the forces. I can do 58 and thats really good. but just relax and do 19 Proper sit ups, that means legs (will be held by someone there), lye down on your back, arms on your head and reach your knees, do that 19 times and woalla . you are 2/4 done. After you are done that, you will just asked to do 19 Proper pushs up ( i suggest getting some one to watch how you do them so you can see if you are doing them correct) this means arms under sholders, lye flat on your stomach and push up. do it none stop try to go for at least 25 or incase you screw up on a few of them. once you are done that, you are prty much done. Do a grip test, its not hard. if you want practice hit your local gym they have instruments that you can use to test how good is your grip. Or if you have an amusement park near your house, go to one of thoses coin machines drop a quarter and see if you can make it up the gorilla or the top one. If you can do that you are done!,

After this you will have your interview and thoese arnt hard, just answer truthfully and DONT SECOND GUESS they dont like that by this i mean "yeah i did this ... but i think if i would of done this then this could of happen, or maybe if i have done this ..." well you get it.

---TIMES---
CFAT - Given two hours, should be completed in about 1 hour
Medical - Depends on your health but, is around 30 min or so
PT - Given 1 Hour, should be done in 30 min depends on how good you are. 1 Hour if you have any problems or so.
Interview - Given 1 Hour, but i was told for most recruites who are just doing there BMQ or about to start, its only about 30 min
-------------

Dont be scared, if i can do it you can do it, as been said they had this system for 100 years. Just think about it.. You read all theses horror stories, like omg I failed, or is this hard, or w.e .But you need to use your head. Think- If everyone failed would we even have an army upto this day?. Excatly, this is not hard, this is meant look at Minimal age is 16, so that means you have grade 10 education, and you will be set , although i found the CFAT to be more of grade 8-9 level. the math is more of grade 9

Where are you going for testing? I'm doing my fitness / medical / interview on that day as well in Toronto.

armyrules said:
Hey all thought I would let everyone know that I will be doing my CFAT,medical and interview in that order. Just in case anyone asks my trades chosen are Sig Op, Material Technician and Infantry. Can't wait to get all my S#$% aon the go I so anxious. Will keep everyone posted of how my progress goes.:salute:

Good luck and keep us posted!
and don't have a coffee before going in....they will not let you pause the test to take a bathroom break!

There was something about not having the caffiene too... And I know that I would be ticked off with myself if I waited for over a month to get it done, and then was told that I couldn't do it because I had drank caffiene...

Magravan said:
There was something about not having the caffiene too... And I know that I would be ticked off with myself if I waited for over a month to get it done, and then was told that I couldn't do it because I had drank caffiene...

yes, for the medical it is strongly advised you not have any before hand.

Completed the processs
  I qualified for 043 Combat Engineer my career manager said that I should be on BMQ by October!! can't wait hope to see some of u guys there

Back