• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Getting into RMC

Piper0507

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in my second year at SFU, and I am currently in the middle of my online application for the ROTP program. I just had few questions for the admission part.

In high school, my grades were in the 90's and I finished with a GPA of 3.94. Also I was the captain for the soccer,basketball, and the golf team. Coached the Sr and the Jr. Girls' volleyball team. I was also in jazz band, many different clubs, have many volunteer hours and etc.

But the problem is that my GPA for university currently is 2.96. :( I just couldn't get used to university quick enough. I have been getting better, but I bombed way too hard in the beginning. I was just wondering if I have a decent chance of getting in. Please reply with your opinions, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

OK, before the more senior members jump on you, I'll just say that no one can tell you if you have a chance or not unless we know what jobs you applied for, or what other applicants are like. I'm in the same position as you, feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions as I have applied in the past.

Cheers

Do you even have to give them your university grades? I wasn't aware that was a requirement.

PJGary said:
Do you even have to give them your university grades? I wasn't aware that was a requirement.

It wasn't in the instructions I got on paper when I applied, but the recruitment centre requested my university transcripts a few weeks after I handed everything else in.  I don't know how it would work for someone who hasn't completed their degree program, though.

When I originally applied in my last year of university, they requested transcripts up to that semester; I also had to provide updated transcripts upon completion which showed the degree awarded.

Since as far as I am aware none of us are recruiting officers we cannot tell you exactly what your chances are, it all depends on your CFAT results how you do in your interview, what trades you are applying for, how many openings there are for that trade, and many other factors that we are not given access to. The only thing you can do is to always be better than the other guy and improve yourself in any way you can.

bring all diplomas and transcripts with you. Bring all docs that will next you to get to the next step. You aren't going anywhere anytime soon without doing an assessment first anyway. It takes about 8mths to get in if you get in. Make sure you have a good work history and possible volunteer work in your resume history. They will ask you about exercise as well. You get through that, then your medical and fitness is next. They  aren't that hard. The hardest part is the waiting game you must play, lol
Thanks
Pte Tomlinson

Messorius said:
It wasn't in the instructions I got on paper when I applied, but the recruitment centre requested my university transcripts a few weeks after I handed everything else in.  I don't know how it would work for someone who hasn't completed their degree program, though.

Back