• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Election: Oct 21, 2019

Brihard said:
According to the Toronto Sun today, the alleged familial relationship between the RCMP commissioner and Bill Morneau is a complete fabrication. Not surprised, but nice to have it confirmed.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/fake-news-links-bill-morneau-to-rcmp-commish?fbclid=IwAR0YJFr53sCGGV_vArQ3q77fDTDeqVl5-UcjKBGBeE7upjmDxzwL1fSYn-s
More from CBC.ca on this - screen capture of alleged "Tweet Zero" on this one attached.

Brihard said:
And just for those keeping track, so far it looks like all of the #BoughtMedia /sarcasm are racing each other to cover this rather unflattering coverage of our PM. I haven't looked everywhere of course, but CBC, the Toronto Star, the Globe and Mail, the National Post, CTV, and Global all have it. So there's that.
But some haters'll still say, "they're running with it now, but it took Time magazine to break the story."  ;D #DevilsAdvocate

Attachments

• TweetZeroMorneauCousinLucki.JPG
    TweetZeroMorneauCousinLucki.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 108
CBC reports the Liberal party has put the campaign on hold.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2019-where-the-leaders-are-day-9-1.5289326

Cloud Cover said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-election-2019-where-the-leaders-are-day-9-1.5289326

I'll bet it is.

My guess is they are figuring out a way of announcing some new program, using taxpayer money, as a way of apologizing. Because they are that obtuse.

I can forgive alot of things, but not this. Youthful indiscretion should normally be cut alot of slack. But Trudeau and the Liberals wrapped themselves in a cloak of moral superiority and have enjoyed the fruits of that (unexamined and unearned) priviledge, over the past 4 years. The media in Canada has given them a nearly complete pass on their claim of "wokeness".

So- too bad, Liberal Party of Canada. You brought all of this entirely on yourselves. You can eat the consequences.

Trudeau is already ignored at by the other nations leaders at the G7 et al ( lots of photos/videos to prove that), what would it be like if Trudeau is re-elected? As the head of the government of Canada, the people of Canada, he will be toxic.

If anyone wants to know how it all went down...

https://election.ctvnews.ca/oh-my-god-there-s-a-photo-how-brownface-bombshell-hit-liberal-campaign-bus-1.4600414

Remius said:
For those that think this won't stick.

It won't.  But...

It provides some respite to the CPC who have been on the defensive.

Brihard correctly pointed out that Scheer put himself into a corner on this with his own people.  If he is smart, he'll  focus on his platform and let Singh do the fighting.

You know what scares me, I have a few buddies who support the LPC and they can not admit Trudeau was a fool doing black face.. instead they say scheer is a rascist or the canadian trump or that the conservative party is the party of rascists and refuse to even discuss the fact they may be wrong.

Ticks me off and scares me how little accountability our leaders have for their actions. Seems like you get a free pass these days.

Abdullah

Cloud Cover said:

Tactical pause. “Alright, how many more of these might be out there? What’s our messaging, and how do we get out from under this?”

At this point until the news cycle moves on, any public appearance will not go well for him.

AbdullahD said:
You know what scares me, I have a few buddies who support the LPC and they can not admit Trudeau was a fool doing black face.. instead they say scheer is a rascist or the canadian trump or that the conservative party is the party of rascists and refuse to even discuss the fact they may be wrong.

Ticks me off and scares me how little accountability our leaders have for their actions. Seems like you get a free pass these days.

Abdullah

Abdullah, I just listened to CBC radio over lunch.  the whole show was about this.  Callers were quick to dismiss this as a minor thing and not say that this was racism despite the PM himself actually saying it was.  One conservative caller actually defended him believe it or not but I bet that caller would have defended Scheer for the same accusations.  At least he wasn't a hypocrite about it.

Someone said it was ok because he was drama teacher using his skills as a thespian.

In 2001 at 29 as teacher he should have known better.  it was not acceptable then.  It wasn't even acceptable when he did it in the 90s although youthful stupidity can still be accounted for then.

He's not a racist.  But he is entitled, raised in a in a privileged world who worked at an expensive private school where he was likely clueless about things like blackface.  We don't even need to talk about the middle class and how disconnected he is from that. I can accept that he is contrite and apologetic but it does not change the fact that he is clueless.

For me it's about the hypocrisy of our world.  Trump, Kavanagh, Trudeau, Ford.  They can do no wrong as long as they are on your team.  They will also be racists, sexual predators and misogynists if they aren't.  ::)

Cloud Cover said:

You mean it wasn't on hold the first 2 days of it when Trudeau refused to take questions from the media?

Apparently not. It fascinating to watch CBC change headlines, bylines and content in near real time.

https://twitter.com/LitigationGuy/status/1174645711574634496?s=20

Remius said:
In 2001 at 29 as teacher he should have known better.  it was not acceptable then.  It wasn't even acceptable when he did it in the 90s although youthful stupidity can still be accounted for then.

He's not a racist.  But he is entitled, raised in a in a privileged world who worked at an expensive private school where he was likely clueless about things like blackface.  We don't even need to talk about the middle class and how disconnected he is from that. I can accept that he is contrite and apologetic but it does not change the fact that he is clueless.

Kinda puts the India costuming fiasco in perspective, doesn't it? That many incidents isn't an accident, its a deep character flaw.

When the first incident occurred and he made his 'apology'to the press was the time to fess up and tell all.  Supposedly, he did and sounded down-right convincing while doing so.  Now we have incident number 3 from out of nowhere.  The problem isn't in the blackface, it is in his being an out and out liar.  The man cannot be trusted at all. 

Remius said:
He's not a racist. 

I think he is; he just doesn't realize it.  He is the epitome of bigotry of soft expectations. He believes in intersectionality and that the less privileged you are, the more help you need because you can't do that on your own.

YZT580 said:
When the first incident occurred and he made his 'apology'to the press was the time to fess up and tell all.  Supposedly, he did and sounded down-right convincing while doing so.  Now we have incident number 3 from out of nowhere.  The problem isn't in the blackface, it is in his being an out and out liar.  The man cannot be trusted at all.
I didn't hear/see the original interview, but one second-hand version I heard said that when asked something to the effect of, "anything else to fess up to?", he just didn't answer the question.  This opens it up to the "doesn't rule out other instances" narrative - which has proven true. #CleverButNotSoCleverWordsmithing

Scheer can still get mileage out of it.  By his standard Trudeau did not 'fess up when given the chance therefore his offer of second chance is null and void.  He can point out his continued deceit without having to go back on what he has said about misdemeanours in his own party ranks

tomahawk6 said:
I guess the PM really does like to dress up. I suspect that there will be other photos becoming public in the days ahead.
My issue with all of this is that SNC Lavalin, the hijinks with Admiral Norman etc is all being swept aside over photographs that are 15 years old. Someone dug deep.

Hamish Seggie said:
Someone dug deep.
Yes, and no.  The photo seems to have been around for almost 20 years now, but nobody seems to have known about it?  Lotta people out there, and it only takes one to leak it.

Remius said:
Makes me wonder why it wasn’t discovered last time.

*tinfoil on* Calculated leak to the CPC knowing that their base would not waver due to his actions as PM. The CPC then predictably made it public thinking they had the high ground, realizing they couldn't push to hard on the subject the NDP jumped in hoping to draw LPC votes to the NDP.

Meanwhile the LPC is the winner here, all the major issues have been swept aside and this easily mitigated issue is now the forefront.
*tinfoil off*

Or.. someone did do some digging through their archives after they felt Trudeau was being a hypocrite and passed it to the CPC.

Abdullah

P.s if i figured these scandals would hurt me and had this calculated risk.. I might have done option one ;)

Back