• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Election: Oct 21, 2019

Brihard said:
Gonna be a bit more time yet before enough polls are in to really make many calls there... But the Liberals have definitely taken some hits.
We can only hope the liberals take enough hits to sink.

Brihard said:
Gonna be a bit more time yet before enough polls are in to really make many calls there... But the Liberals have definitely taken some hits.

NB has panned out about what I expected.  Atlantic Canada is super predictable, there are a tonne of ridings that Adolf Hitler could run for one of the major two parties and he would win.

Green’s have a real chance of winning a seat in Atlantic Canada at this point. 

Remius said:
Green’s have a real chance of winning a seat in Atlantic Canada at this point.

Greens are gonna have a few surprises for us, I think. They’re tallying surprise 2nd or 3rd in a number of ridings- hell, they may have taken Freddy when they were polling in third. I believe we’ll see the major parties accepting the necessity of paying more heed to environmental and climate issues. I’m ok with the thought that support for the Greens will pull the other platforms modestly in that direction.

And as I post this, everywhere else except BC and the Yukon is closing. 262 ridings about to start opening boxes.

Remius said:
Mad max falling behind lol.

Just saw that, granted only 5/242 polls reporting. I won’t get my hopes up yet, as much as a PPC shutout would please me.

Global News is predicting a Liberal Minority government. Lib: 54; CPC: 38; BQ: 11; NDP:7, and Grn:1

Elections Canada predictions very similar.

CTV is also calling it for the Liberals, though not yet minority/majority. That’s an early call.

The devil being in the details, let’s see how the rest stack up...

Let’s also see if the CPC can manage to suck less in their next leadership election, and I’ll be curious to see if PPC made the difference in many/any ridings to the detriment of the Conservatives.

CBC just made the call as well.  Just not how it will play out.

Altair said:
A good night.

NOT a good night. It says that our country is ok with giving someone a pass for gross incompetence, ethics violations, financial mismanagement, misogyny, etc.

I weep for this country.

Liberals making it official: Liberal Minority govt (Lib:144; CPC: 102: BQ: 31: NDP:21). That's even before any results come in from western Canada.

BurnDoctor said:
NOT a good night. It says that our country is ok with giving someone a pass for gross incompetence, ethics violations, financial mismanagement, misogyny, etc.

I weep for this country.
I feel like its a good night.

BurnDoctor said:

I weep for this country.

I'm sure a lot of Canadians don't care about silly things like ethics if it doesn't directly impact them.

Jarnhamar said:
How long could we expect a minority government to last?

History suggests 18-24 months.  Time enough for the Conservatives to search their souls and chose a leader of their party ready to be the leader of the the country.....

Jarnhamar said:
How long could we expect a minority government to last?
Eighteen months is my call. But I have often been wrong before.

Back