• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

General Cox

Status
Not open for further replies.

army

Inactive
Reaction score
General Cox

Posted by BoB McGonigal from Windsor On Canada on December 31, 1998 at 09:39:08:

Hello Ladies and Gents. Happy New Year to you all and I hope the new year brings better things for all for you.
On another subject now: Just reading the newspaper and lo and behold there‘s a story about General Cox in it, regarding how he monitored the web and bulletin boards. He was checking out those who complained openly about this and that and then he got names and forwarded them on to COs and they in turn were told to deal with these malcontents. The only problem was that the soldiers were telling the truth and poor old General Cox was wrong. Aint it a shame. The General sitting in his ivory tower didn‘t have any idea that there was a shortage of combat clothes and boots, etc. Tut tut. Who can he blame now??? Maybe the General should get out more often and get in touch with the real world. Maybe he should check things out before opening mouth and inserting foot, as the saying goes. Don‘t you just like it when the senior officers get a come uppance because they don‘t have a clue as to what it‘s like way down there at the pointy end. Maybe the quote" the officers at NDHQ in Ottawa..... could be replaced by trained monkeys" is true. What say General??? You monitor this page, give us the low down. Not the politicians‘ talk, the straight dope ...or don‘t you have the guts to admit you were wrong? As a former soldier, it gives me great pleasure to be able to voice words that maybe, you people out there who serve this nation, would like to say and are afraid to. Come on General Cox tell my CO to reprimand me, if you can. He‘s the type of guy who would tell you to go to **** , just as I would. I had better stop now because the more I think of this snafu, the angrier I get, and I already took my high blood pressue pills. It was bad enough that my son, who served for 6.5 years and was sent overseas with equipement that was over 30 years old, had to endure the idiocy of our government and those senior officers who didn‘t have the guts to tell them that our people needed better equipement. I feel a lot better now but not good enough. I hope there are more reporters out there that dig up truthful stuff like this and embarass the **** out of those who think they just collect a pay check, and don‘t have to take care of their people. You don‘t have to wonder why those who have the education and go in as private soldiers, don‘t want to become a pointy head.
Have a great New Year and thanks again for putting it out there. You know who you are. Not enough said but it‘ll do for now. Remember General Cox and all others, you‘re under the eyes of people who can embarass the **** out of you. Get your act in gear and start doing the things you‘re paid to do. Take care of those that make you look good.
Audax Et Celer.

Re: General Cox

Posted by M Lavigne from Hull Qc Canada on January 04, 1999 at 22:53:43:

In Reply to: General Cox posted by BoB McGonigal on December 31, 1998 at 09:39:08:

Regretably I beg to disagree on your assessment of Gen Cox‘s view of how the internet was used. But what is more regretable, is the highly selective and inaccurate interpretation made by the reporter on the information he got from the access to information. Without going into a lengthy detailled description of the events and the occasions under which Gen Cox put forward some of the comments made by the soldiers, all I will say is that the events described by the reporter - 1 the comments made to Gen Cox regarding the state of combat clothing - when he reliazed it was true he made comments to others in a position to act and 2 Gen Cox making remarks to Commanders on comments made by soldiers - are two very distinct events separated by a few months time. If you all recall, Gen Cox made comments on this forum outlining his role, and chatissing certain individuals for inacurate comments. Some of the same individuals had the decency to make amends of their errors ! Hats of to them.

Re: General Cox

Posted by MJ Preston Editor/MCpl Ret from Canada on April 13, 1999 at 22:01:04:

In Reply to: Re: General Cox posted by M Lavigne on January 04, 1999 at 22:53:43:

When Gen Cox goes snooping on the net he should understand that everyone has secrets including himself and everyone is vulnerable. Sometimes the truth hurts and his reaction is atypical of the Leadership which is destroying a once proud Armed Forces. Hats off to the press for exposing this man for what he is. A social climber who doesnt care who he hurts to get ahead. Know your men support their welfare, Gen Cox, stop surfing for dirt...........

Canadian Veteran‘s Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back