• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Gagetown Officer Training Shacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gill557

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the Gagetown Officer training barracks are like.  I've been told they are J1 and J3.

I'm trying to figure out if I should bring any personal stuff, since I don't know if I'll have a place to put it, not to mention all the military kit that I have got.

Any insight would be appreciated.  :salute:

They're not bad - queen-sized beds, personal jacuzzis, and 27" flatscreen TVs (cable, no satellite  :threat:), and they do your laundry for you!  ;D

Seriously, though, it depends on which school and course you'll go on. If you're going to CAP, you'll be four to a room and you won't have a lot of storage space - leave as much as you can behind and pack the essentials.

Guardian said:
They're not bad - queen-sized beds, personal jacuzzis, and 27" flatscreen TVs (cable, no satellite   :threat:), and they do your laundry for you!   ;D

Seriously, though, it depends on which school and course you'll go on. If you're going to CAP, you'll be four to a room and you won't have a lot of storage space - leave as much as you can behind and pack the essentials.

I'm going to BTL INF School Gagetown, at least that's what it says on my Posting message.

I'm just trying to figure out what is essential.  I've only got military kit, CADPAT and PT gear, plus boots and winter kit, etc.  and its still taking up 2 Barrack Boxes and a Duffle, not to mention my ruck.  LOL they do give us a lot of stuff.  ;D

The only personal item i want to bring really is my Laptop, I want to be able to use it on the weekends.  And maybe a few civie clothes.

By all means, take civvies - you'll need them for weekends. You'll have room for the laptop and anything up to a couple duffel bags' worth of civvie kit - I just meant to dissuade people from thinking they could bring all their worldly possessions with them (no dogs allowed...) If you have a car, it'll be really handy to bring that - not only does it let you get away to Freddie on the weekends without maying $50+ in cab fare, but it gives a fair bit of extra storage space.

BTL means "Basic Training List." You'll be on that till you're finished your trade qualification (Ph IV).

You're probably starting the serial in the fall, right? Sometime in September?

Guardian said:
You're probably starting the serial in the fall, right? Sometime in September?

Yeah Sept. 26th is CAP.  Early Feb. is Phase III, and Phase IV should be late May or early June.

I've been worried about my computer, because I don't want to leave it in my car.  I'm afraid my laptop will freeze.  ???

G-Man:

Bring at least two locks - - you can put them on your locker and barrack box (of which I would recommend bringing 1 not two - - check your joining instructions/kit list for quantities). If your lucky you might get some time over in M5 which is like the Hilton compared to J1/3 which are old and showing their age. Laptop is not a problem. Whoever suggested bringing the car is dead on the money - - you'll want the option of getting off base when permitted. Good luck. :army:

G-Man said:
Can anyone tell me what the Gagetown Officer training barracks are like.   I've been told they are J1 and J3.

I'm trying to figure out if I should bring any personal stuff, since I don't know if I'll have a place to put it, not to mention all the military kit that I have got.

Any insight would be appreciated.   :salute:

The CAP shacks are H-3, with some spillover to H-1 if necessary.  Four to a room, pretty basic.  You'll have a locker including at least one personal drawer, and you can have whatever barrack boxes and kit bags you want under the bed.  I just did the course and the inspections were mostly focused on station jobs, general cleanliness, and weapons.  Laptops are awesome for watching movies in the shacks during down time, and a car is indispensible as a way to get away from the base as soon as you're authorized.  Enjoy.

Thanks everyone.  I'll let the people I'm stuck at CFLS with know too.
:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back