• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Frustration

on-hold

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, I joined the CF back in 2008, and due to immaturity I backed out a week before BMQ. I thought as a 17 year old, I would miss out on all these great parties, and weekends in Wasaga Beach. Now that I realize how much of a goof I was then, I reapplied in September. What a good time eh? Now I call the CFRC Toronto regularly and hear my application isn't even there, but still in North Bay. I've called North Bay at least 10 times and left message after message, only to never be called back. Now I understand if there busy or something but to not return ANY of my calls is ridiculous. Why is my application still in North Bay after 4-5 months? Why is nobody returning my calls? Should I just accept that my chance came and went, or do I have a chance at getting some sort of call? If only there were time machines......

Just to let you know, most recruiting offices just re-opened after the Christmas break, yesterday.  Give the poor person a chance.  He probably has a million emails and voice mails to go through. 

The last time I called was around the end of November to beginning of December, first time was the beginning of October.

you do realise that some people have waited for 15-16-17 months to get into the forces right ???

I mean .... this IS the forces .... it's good to call them .... but .... just let them deal with your application and sooner or later you'll receive a phone call telling you the next steps

Ok, I understand and yes I realize that. I guess its just frustrating for me to know I could be in my 3rd or 4th year, but going through the process again.

on-hold said:
Ok, I understand and yes I realize that. I guess its just frustrating for me to know I could be in my 3rd or 4th year, but going through the process again.

Wait, so far as I understand, based on what you posted, YOU quit before BMQ. So no, you would not be in your third or fourth year. Especially since you only reapplied in September.

Remain factual, please. You ahve zero reason to be frustrated - no more than anyone else going through the same process as you. In fact, given how logn some people wait to get their first shot you might have less of a reason to bitch.

Exactly.  It took my brother in law almost  a year from his application until he set foot through the Green doors at St. Jean. 

It's a hurry up and wait game. 

Scott said:
Wait, so far as I understand, based on what you posted, YOU quit before BMQ. So no, you would not be in your third or fourth year. Especially since you only reapplied in September.

Remain factual, please. You ahve zero reason to be frustrated - no more than anyone else going through the same process as you. In fact, given how logn some people wait to get their first shot you might have less of a reason to *****.

I dont understand at all. Yes I quit before BMQ, that was 4 years ago. Which means if i succeeded, this would be my 3rd or 4th year in the army. Also how can you tell me how I should feel. Im frustrated with the fact that, I didnt go through with it?

You quit. Full stop. Anything beyond that is speculation.

Getting upset about waiting times when you had a chance to get in - while others wait years for the same chance you gave up - seems a little out of order to me.

IN MY OPINION you have no reason to feel frustrated with the system and the timings. If you're frustrated with yourself, well, fine.

I am frustrated with the lack of communication the CFRC is giving, but most of all myself. Yes I quit and its my fault, never said it wasn't. I was 17. I dont need your 2 cents on my decisions and feelings.

on-hold said:
I am frustrated with the lack of communication the CFRC is giving, but most of all myself. Yes I quit and its my fault, never said it wasn't. I was 17. I dint even need your 2 cents anyways, on my decisions and feelings either.

Oh. My bad. I thought this was a discussion forum.

Guess you're only looking for the answers you want, eh? Good luck with that.

to be totally honest , I would be a lot more frustrated if I would of applied 4 years ago , and wouldn't got in because all the spots where filled , and then to know that you backed out 1 week prior to BMQ and I still couldn't apply because it was to late ...

THAT would be a frustration builder .... some of the people here would have gave everything to have the chance you had 4 years ago ... but you dropped it ..... this might also be a reason why it takes longer .

they want to know if you're gonna drop again prior to BMQ or if your honest this time around

krimynal said:
to be totally honest , I would be a lot more frustrated if I would of applied 4 years ago , and wouldn't got in because all the spots where filled , and then to know that you backed out 1 week prior to BMQ and I still couldn't apply because it was to late ...

THAT would be a frustration builder .... some of the people here would have gave everything to have the chance you had 4 years ago ... but you dropped it ..... this might also be a reason why it takes longer .

they want to know if you're gonna drop again prior to BMQ or if your honest this time around

Ah, so my idea has merit?

Thanks for being honest about your feelings on the subject.

No I appreciate all responses, but I don't need to hear what I already know. I understand I made a stupid decision and people would of killed for the spot. But I was 17, and was influenced by moronic friends. Now I always regretted it and now want to fix my mistake. I am human after all guys. I know what I want, and this has always been it.

OK,.....before this goes totally off the rails.

On-hold, there are many people waiting a loooooong time for a call back and/or to get in.  The military is a sought after job right now..full stop.
Apply to GM in Oshawa and see if they return your calls...............

Good luck with your application.

Food for Thought:
I was in the forces, completed Basic, did trade training, released after that after putting about a year in to follow what I thought was a greener pasture on civie side.

now, 3 years later I'm on month 13 of waiting to get back in, including a completed application that was "closed" due to lack of spots.

So sorry for you to be waiting 4-5 months, must be harsh.

My first round I waited about 7 months from initial application to being sworn in, then another 4 months for my Basic to start.

Life in the Forces is about being patient and waiting. 

CFRC is really slow. Expect long delays. Expect not to be called back for a long time.

I'm someone who's actually in his fourth year in the recruiting process. The delay with my file is beyond the control of the RC and it is not because of anything that I did wrong.

Is is frustrating - yes it is. But there's nothing that anyone can do about it. I have nothing but praise and admiration for the RC staff that I've dealt with. They are only following a process. My strategy for dealing with this frustration is working to make myself an even better candidate.

The more you get yourself wound up, the more difficult you're making the process for yourself.

on-hold said:
No I appreciate all responses, but I don't need to hear what I already know. I understand I made a stupid decision and people would of killed for the spot. But I was 17, and was influenced by moronic friends. Now I always regretted it and now want to fix my mistake. I am human after all guys. I know what I want, and this has always been it.

What it sounds like you're missing is that every single user here who's ever applied or knows someone who has knows how frustrating it can be, myself included. Read some of my posts or investigate other threads through out the forum and you will find that you are far from an individual case.  No one is diminishing your personal thoughts and feelings about what you're going through.  What they ARE doing, however, is telling you directly what to expect, what to continue to expect, and what they feel may be taking place based on their experience with the CF.  They know what they're talking about.

Perhaps you're expecting things to flow the same way they did when you initially applied in 2008.  There are also several posts about how much the CF has changed since then.

(Worth a read: Why wont the CF hire me? http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/103957.0.html)

You made a decision, which you now regret.  I'm glad that you're re-evaluating what should be important to you now. However, should you be successful this time around, you will be told repeatedly how you think you should feel. People will tell you what you don't need/want to hear. You very-well might be treated/spoken to in a manner you feel is disrespectful. Your ego will be hurt over and over again. (And I'm not only speaking of BMQ)  I know you know this, but I would strongly advise you to resist the urge to 'stand up for yourself', because you're the one who's coming across as difficult and impertinent. Just say thank you and be polite to those who have even bothered to reply to your query.

Back