• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Frustrated .. I am seeing a red

Mahaica

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it just me ?  the Hamilton recruiting office
I know every one keep saying, have Patience .. this is the way of things ? 
But seriously .... I am losing faith. 
I took my application in since early April, and so far no interview and no medical.  There is nothing holding my application.... only a million rescheduling from this office. 
They build your hopes, scheduled you in ... then crash it a day before.  'Please call to reschedule'. 

So far because of this... 3 trades have been closed for what I applied for... now its another rescheduling and I might be stuck until next year or my worst fear, my present trade closed again.

Then when you do call in to talk to your file manager, he is not there. Yet the girl at the desk, instead of  saying 'sorry he is not in, but I will be happy to transfer you to his mailbox".... she transfers you without saying a word, and will keep on transferring you all day as many times as you call.  You have to find out that the file manager was not in on that day, by stalking the office a week later.

She does not smile, and always with this sharp tone as if she does not like her Job.

Lady I will be more than happy to trade spots with you ....You might like my job, sitting in front the PC with no one to socialize with

I am soooooooooooooooo frustrated... I want this so bad... yet how do u get past this problem. So I can get on with my life and do some thing I will enjoy.

In April, they told me ....most likely  BMQ will be in June if my interview and medical completed. 
In May, they changed saying they are taking in for Aug
Both trades closed.... Now it is Nov  for the Navy ....

How can my life be on stand still for the Hamilton recruiters... Give me a straight answer please

I do apologize for any spelling or grammar errors... I am sleep deprive, its 12:15AM

I thought I was the mistress of Patience ... yet MM I guess I was wrong with that one ...

This website is not making it any better...reading that every one else is going and I am stuck here waiting.

Mahaica said:
This website is not making it any better...reading that every one else is going and I am stuck here waiting.

Mahaica,

This is what you're seeing. What I am seeing is a lot of other members of the forum are in the same position of waiting and patience. I am in it as well.
These trades will open again. Your file will be processed with medical and interview. It is all a matter of time and as frustrating as this may sound... it is only reality, for now.

Take care,
Alea

Mahaica said:
Is it just me ? 

No, it's not just you.

It's also the Recruiters ....

Who know how many trades are closed.
Who know how few openings there are for the trades that are open.
Who deal with hundreds of files (and phone calls, and visits, etc.) of people who want to join, but aren't eligible, or aren't looking for, the open trades.
Who wait each day to hear if new openings will be available that they can contact willing applicants who have merited high enough.
Who know that most people they are processing may be waiting months if not years to get an offer in their preferred trade.
Who aren't allowed to just tell people their chances are slim to none in the near term and it may be in their best interest to seriously look at other career option.

Try putting yourself on the other side of the counter ... there are people there too that are just as frustrated by the current situation.

So, yes, the prevailing advice it to BE PATIENT.

Mahaica said:
Is it just me ?  the Hamilton recruiting office
I know every one keep saying, have Patience .. this is the way of things ? 
But seriously .... I am losing faith. 
I took my application in since early April, and so far no interview and no medical.  There is nothing holding my application.... only a million rescheduling from this office. 
They build your hopes, scheduled you in ... then crash it a day before.  'Please call to reschedule'. 

So far because of this... 3 trades have been closed for what I applied for... now its another rescheduling and I might be stuck until next year or my worst fear, my present trade closed again.

Then when you do call in to talk to your file manager, he is not there. Yet the girl at the desk, instead of  saying 'sorry he is not in, but I will be happy to transfer you to his mailbox".... she transfers you without saying a word, and will keep on transferring you all day as many times as you call.  You have to find out that the file manager was not in on that day, by stalking the office a week later.

She does not smile, and always with this sharp tone as if she does not like her Job.

Lady I will be more than happy to trade spots with you ....You might like my job, sitting in front the PC with no one to socialize with

I am soooooooooooooooo frustrated... I want this so bad... yet how do u get past this problem. So I can get on with my life and do some thing I will enjoy.

In April, they told me ....most likely  BMQ will be in June if my interview and medical completed. 
In May, they changed saying they are taking in for Aug
Both trades closed.... Now it is Nov  for the Navy ....

How can my life be on stand still for the Hamilton recruiters... Give me a straight answer please

I do apologize for any spelling or grammar errors... I am sleep deprive, its 12:15AM

I thought I was the mistress of Patience ... yet MM I guess I was wrong with that one ...

You use more periods than any person should be allowed to use in a day, let alone a single posting.
'You' not 'u'.

And, while I know you need to get it off your chest that you have to wait OH. SO. LONG. for your position, keep in mind that so many more individuals on this board have waited longer than you and will continue to wait - without writing to complain about it. Perhaps that's why you've only been reading about other people being accepted, rather than those who must sit and wait.

Additionally, maybe... well, how do I put this... "they're just not that into you"?
Contrary to popular belief, I believe that whether or not you have what it takes to make it in the Canadian Forces is not solely discovered during Basic Training. Rather, that it starts from the moment you step into the recruiting office.

Don't 'stalk' your file manager.
Don't whine about not having anyone to socialize with. You don't join the Canadian Forces to find your BFF.

Essentially, stop shitting on yourself.
It's displeasing to look at, and I'm sure the recruiters have noticed the smell.

*I'm not trolling. Anyone reading this who is offended... well, this was my opinion, and not a personal attack. You can agree with it or disagree - take it as you please. In my opinion, it had to be said.

Mahaica said:

If your life is on stand still, the fault is yours, not the Hamilton recruiters.  There's nothing stopping you from going out and searching other opportunities while you wait.

:crybaby:

1)"I am seeing a red"  red what???

2)Join a gym :nod:

3)take a class :nod:

4)do something to get out of your own head because your driving yourself nuts over something no one has any control of

Read on in these forums and you will read of people who have been (and continue to be) waiting patiently for much longer than 4 months!!! I was speaking to a recruiter this week about timelines and he gave me the example of Marine Electrician which is currently open for something like 32 spots.  Now it would stand to reason that alot of those people who have been merit listed for 1 year or more would be offered those jobs first wouldnt it???? He told me that those people who are offered said 32 jobs would not be course loaded to BMQ until at least Jan 2011 so once again they are waiting for another 6 months.

Makes 4 months seem pretty short doesnt it?  If you really want this you will have to get in line like everybody else, and work with the system in place, it may be broken and flawed but it is the system.

But then again thats just how i see it
Good Luck

RTG :cdn:

hold_fast said:
Additionally, maybe... well, how do I put this... "they're just not that into you"?

As frutrating as it is, that's probably one of the reason you're not getting the call. You might be at the bottom of the list.

I'm just saying that maybe you're just not what they are looking for... they are professionals and I assume they know what they are doing...

I applied in September of 2008 and I didn't get an offer until April 2010, so you better pick up a magazine or something, and find something else to do while you wait.

Sometimes, applicants create the atmosphere they receive at CFRC's, despite the best efforts of the PROFESSIONAL staff to remain positive and friendly.

See now that's where your going wrong, "seeing red" is not good, calm down take a few breathes and relax, your dealing with the Canadian Armed Forces not McDonald's, it is a long process and they are very busy, I myself haven't been waiting long but if you read my posts in Personal stories"My rollercoaster" I should be seeing red also, but I don't because once you understand that their workload is pretty large maybe you might actually sympathize with them, their job is pretty hard lots of calls, process and paperwork!

It is summertime and Recruiters/File Managers are people too! believe it or not and there entitled to vacation, time off etc as well and your File Manager might not just be in, and one more thing when they say call your File Manager they don't really mean"YOUR" file manager, she is not just assigned to you, here in Edmonton there is 2 File Managers that's it!! that's alot of calls and paperwork etc.

Best thing just forget about it and have a great summer and if they call they call.

Thank you every one.  I appreciate all your answers, tell it like it is.  Isn't that right ? 

Actually, I was saying my life is on stand still with my long term career choice.

I have joined the gym, I am even going to church surprisingly. I am  registered at Mcmaster for part-time courses.  Yes I do have a life, I am a busy person. 

I was expressing my frustration with the system.  I know a lot of people are in the same boat. I have nothing against the Force, it is where I want to be. I will patiently wait

Hold_Fast
I took offences to your posting.  I asked for constructive criticism
what is it with you ?  I do not need to join the force to gain BFF .  When a person, do not like to talk on the phone, if that is their job. They need a profession, that is not people friendly. That was all I meant.

And I will be very disappointed, if the people at my dream job do not assist me in my position because "they are not into me"  and not because of my passion and my education.  It is a professional environment. I hope the recruiters leave their personal opinions at their house before they put on that uniform. 

Hold_fast you seem dissociated .... However, I thank you for your comment

People
I did not mean to whine, or complain. If my previous post came out that way I apologize.  I was looking for com-padres, that are also feeling the bite of frustration . Or for those that went through this experience, that can shine a beaming light.

You see a light at the end of the tunnel, yet unable to reach it ... the people in the tunnel that are with you in the dark, give u a helping hand.. saying we are here with you ... lets keep on going we will reach it finally.. it might take longer or sooner ... but don't give up.

I think I am living in lah lah land lol

I will take each person advice into consideration.  Thanks again ( smile)

Mahaica said:
When a person, do not like to talk on the phone, if that is their job. They need a profession, that is not people friendly. That was all I meant.

And I will be very disappointed, if the people at my dream job do not assist me in my position because "they are not into me"  and not because of my passion and my education.  It is a professional environment. I hope the recruiters leave their personal opinions at their house before they put on that uniform.

Don't forget that those working at the recruiting office did not join the CF to be recruiters.  It is basically a posting outside of one's trade.  Perhaps their actual trade does not require them to be a "people person".  Get over it.

As far as them assisting or not assisting you, much of that depends on your attitude, not their professionalism or lack of it.  If you walk in there with a crappy attitude (be it demanding, sense of entitlement, whatever), all the education and passion in the world isn't going to change that.  There are many aspects to the enrolment process.  It's not just passing tests.

PMedMoe said:
As far as them assisting or not assisting you, much of that depends on your attitude, not their professionalism or lack of it.  If you walk in there with a crappy attitude (be it demanding, sense of entitlement, whatever), all the education and passion in the world isn't going to change that.  There are many aspects to the enrolment process.  It's not just passing tests.

Thank you Moe.  You echoed my point, only more eloquently.

Applicant's are frequently their own worst enemy for a variety of reasons, several of which you have listed.

As a military career counsellor, It is my job to judge the SUITABILITY of an applicant for service in the CF. In short I judge applicants on what I take from their files and on what I see and  hear. Passion and education are some factors we consider, but so are dedication, maturity, patience and character............

Mahaica, you are correct, this is a professional environment, and you should remember that when next you visit the CFRC.
YOU are NOT the professional, the staff at your CFRC are.
Your file, AND your attitude, demeanor and conduct are what we WILL judge you on.

Mahaica said:
I have nothing against the Force, it is where I want to be.
We all wanted to be a Jedi at some point.

Hold_Fast
I took offences to your posting.  I asked for constructive criticism
And I gave you some. I just didn't outline it for you on a handout that you could take home and check off.

what is it with you ?  I do not need to join the force to gain BFF .  When a person, do not like to talk on the phone, if that is their job. They need a profession, that is not people friendly. That was all I meant.
I had to read this three times to understand what you were trying to say, because you said one sentence - the one about not joining the great Force to make friends (You don't join the Force, really, you either have it or you don't... a lot like the Canadian Forces? Not everyone can be a Jedi) - and then you followed it with a completely different sentence on another subject.

I think you've just said that you will be disappointed if the "people at your dream job" (which, by the way, what is that job? You had three trade choices, which sound very different from one another) do help you because of your "passion and ... education". I could be wrong.

As per any job application process, you are being interviewed and subsequently sized up long before you schedule an actual interview. Their "personal opinions" factor into sizing you up.

Hold_fast you seem dissociated .... However, I thank you for your comment
Why, thank you! I'm going to take that as a compliment; that you've taken the time out of your day to size me up. You're so right, I'm completely and totally dissociated from everything I encounter in my day.

You see a light at the end of the tunnel, yet unable to reach it ... the people in the tunnel that are with you in the dark, give u a helping hand.. saying we are here with you ... lets keep on going we will reach it finally.. it might take longer or sooner ... but don't give up.
Oh, thank you. Let us hold hands through this tough and arduous time!

I think I am living in lah lah land lol
Finally, something true.

Good luck.  ::)

PMedMoe said:
Don't forget that those working at the recruiting office did not join the CF to be recruiters.  It is basically a posting outside of one's trade.  Perhaps their actual trade does not require them to be a "people person".  Get over it.

Then perhaps the CF should have picked a "people person" to do a "people person's" job. There should be no place for unfriendly people at a recruiting centre.

Wilshire Blvd. said:
Then perhaps the CF should have picked a "people person" to do a "people person's" job. There should be no place for unfriendly people at a recruiting centre.

Are you suggesting that instead of putting real CF members, who have been trained to close with and kill the enemy, in the CFRCs, we should contract out to some civilian HR business?

I saw nothing in the OP's post to indicate an absolute sense of "unfriendliness" .  Simply someone who is ridiculously busy.  Having worked in recruiting, but not at one of the Centres, I can certainly appreciate the work load compared to the number of staff available to do it.

Mahaica,

I asked for constructive criticism

No, you didn't

You asked:

Give me a straight answer please

hold_fast gave it to you.  Which is why I gave him some Milpoints.  And he gave you more "straight answers" in his response to your criticism of him.  If you have seen posts indicating people are being accepted, then you must have seen an equal number of posts where people are waiting and experiencing the same frustrations and anxiety that you are.

You want
light at the end of the tunnel

and
the people in the tunnel that are with you in the dark, give u a helping hand.. saying we are here with you

That is a pretty idealistic life-view.  In the CF we are certainly a team, but there are times, possibly starting with your recruitment, that you will be forced to go it alone.

I hope the recruiters leave their personal opinions at their house before they put on that uniform.

They do, each and every day.  Because, as George said, our job is to close with and kill the enemy.  Coddling applicants through their anxieties, and perhaps taking the time YOU need to have something explained - in a recruiting job that is NOT what they have been exhaustively and expertly trained to do - is not something you are going to find in this occupation.  Go read the BMQ threads for some insight.

Wilshire Blvd,

If you are in the CT process, then you are already "in" and you should know better.  "Recruiter" is not a CF occupation.  It is something that we are tasked to do.

Regards,
MARS
milnet.ca Mentor

George Wallace said:
Are you suggesting that instead of putting real CF members, who have been trained to close with and kill the enemy, in the CFRCs, we should contract out to some civilian HR business?

No, I am not suggesting that. Everybody I have dealt with at CFRC Halifax has been pleasant and professional. It should not be hard to find a real CF member who is a 'people person' to work at a recruiting centre.

Hi, I just wanted to say that my experience at Hamilton cfrc went quite smoothly and I had a great time talking with all the recruiters there, I found them very friendly actually. As far as the girl at the front desk, I found her to be professional, friendly, helpful and she always smiles and say's "hello", what more could I ask for?  The only hick-up I endured was my file manager forgot to send my file out  for backcheck because there was one signature missing. I just happened to call in and that's when he noticed it, anyways he asked me to come in asap so I went in and signed. After that everything went smooth, 3months from application to job offer. So try to keep your mind occupied and call in every couple weeks Mahaica, good luck

Back