• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

from comms research to MAT tech

roy528

Inactive
Reaction score
hello everyone. I've applied for an OT to go from comms research to Mat tech I've done my BPSO interview about 5-6weeks ago and I have currently finished my phase one of my QL3 I was just wondering how much time this is suppose to take and who could I talk to for info on whats happening with my OT

how should I contact my BPSO? (the chain of comand, or directly to him?)(by chain of command should it be by memo?)

Well if your doing QL3 type stuff and in the student mentality I would submit a memo or talk to your section commander or 2 I/C.

well I just talked to my BPSO and he said all I can do now is wait... so yeah been waiting for 6-7weeks now since my BPSO interview thats not counting the 2month wait for my BPSO appointment does anybody know how long this could take? like an average

Board sits end of Nov, and the results won't be known until maybe March

march 09?????????????????????????? :eek: and thats just for a yes you can come to our trade or a no you cant come to our trade???OMG

BPSO. I'm in the process and just had my interview this week. Board doesn't sit until end of Oct and offers start to come in in End Feb-March. Rejection messages sometime in end May-June as there can be people who reject offers.

menion...what trade are you now and which one are you going for?

Roy~Dawg - because you are still on the Basic Training List, your application will actually be an Occupational Reassignment and not an Occupational Transfer. It is a different process to the OT being done by meni0n.

I believe that Comms Research is a Red Trade and this will have been explained to you by the BPSO. I would be very surprised if you are eligible for a VOR at your stage unless you have been CT (Cease Training) from your MOC training. Contact your staff at PRETC (B Coy) to see if they have seen your paperwork. (If you have completed your Pt 1 then you should be back there or on task and they are your Chain of Command).

Unfortunately this is a complex area and there is a lot of mis-information out there and you need to get clear guidance from the BPSO. DMCA 5 will be the ones who decide in this case and it will be based on a number of factors. Best advice is to submit a memo asking for clarification and to double check the letter the BPSO should have written summarising your situation. (BTW - Where did you see the BPSO? Kingston or Borden?) Hope that helps and don't give up - there are always options.

Actually Comm research is green right now. I don't mind taking his placeĀ  :)

yeah like menion said coms research is green ....and i did my bpso in kingston...are u sure i belong to pretc because here my instructors say i belong to them and that they wont send me to pretc....what is this dmca you are talking about? is there someone and can like make an appointment with to sort of bunch of this stuff out? by the way thank you very much neon you seem to know what you are talking about.

I'm pretty sure Occupational Reassignment can only happen before the start of 3s. Call the BPSO and find out, they are the only ones that can give you info on your file.

Dawg

Email me your name and last 3 and I will take a look. If you have finished your 3s Pt 1 you should now be back at PRETC and either on task with them or preparing to go onto your next phase. There are a lot of hoops to go through for your trade. They deal with this all the time and are the experts on this sort of admin, which is why they were set up. Without being able to pull your file I can't give you specific advice for your situation and I don't want to steer you wrong on this.

Neon

Back