• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

From Australia: Well, its already after 1730 here on Christmas Eve...

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
.... in a few hours kids through out this vast southern land will be fast asleep as 'Santa' starts his southern run.

So, as I sit here and type out these few words, its ovecast, about 25C, with distant thunder in the background, as   a flury of nervous galahs and cockatoos screech in the nearby distance, jumping from gum tree to gum tree. A far cry from the -31C in Regina earlier today.

In less than 7 hours Christmas Day will begin here, and you all will be just getting out of bed on Christmas Eve morning.

So, no matter where you are out there in this ever yet shrinking planet, I do hope you have an excellent Christmas no matter what. So, if its in a distant mess tent at CJ with your mates, or with your family in back in the 'land of the maple leaf' (for me it will be a Turkey dinner 'Sask style' with my 'rebel woman', and a few friends here in our backyard, followed by a local swim if it aint raining), do have a good one, eh.

METREP for Christmas Day here is 25C-27C some cloud with storms/showers.

Regards,

Wes

My METREP is close to yours, Wes. Currently 10c, windy, snow gone. Am I still in Canada? I just checked Ft Nelson weather, -15c calling for snow soon......

Merry Christmas, Wes.

Same to you Scott.

The Postie today dropped off a parcel from my sister in Regina, which we have just feverishly (I like that word) opened, and to my delight was a meat fork thermometer thing, which I will be 'field testing' on Boxing Day on the BBQ. Also in the packet was of course a 'poppy quarter', some news paper clippings, a callender and a few other 'girl' things for Nancy.

Its always nice to get 'care packages' from home.

Beers,

Wes

Wes, I will be enjoying the traditional family meal of Fricot and Meat Pie. Came all the way from Cape Breton, I had better enjoy it! Care packages are the best thing about being away from home.

Scotch - Christmas is a special occasion

merry christmas wes

and happy hanukah to those who celebrated it also

Merry Christmas Wes,

It has been a long time.  I look forward to your next SITREP.  I have to admit I have not been as dutiful at staying in touch.  Spending most of my time deployed. 

To you and yours,  Good to see you are still patriotic and smiling.

Soleman.

PS you still owe me a leather Jacket. LOL :p

Jaret you old dawg! Ya, that jacket, now thats a story which is worth remembering!   :warstory:   ;D. Those sure were some wild times, infact, that building will never in a thousand years see things like that again.

We were kings once. Remember that.

Sent ya a SITREP via CF email means. Make sure you fwd me your new civvy email address, as I have lost contact with Kopp, and Kubiak.

Hope all is well with you and the family. Its now less than 90 minutes til Christmas morning here. Tonight we had a nice dinner and a long hot spa. Its been raining off and on, and even though its the back of 2230, its still about 24C out, really humid and the ceiling fans are on overtime.

Remain in comms,

Wes

24C? Pfft, all of you know its not Christmas if you can still feel you toes. ;D

-28C now, high for tomorrow (Christmas) is -19C.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

And Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Well Wes its -27c at 10:00 hrs here in northern Ontario but it is sunny hope that gives you a nice warm and fuzzy feeling. have a merry Xmas and talk more later.

Merry Christmas.

It's nice to see people still using Christmas and not that "happy holliday" crap.

-9C with a few clouds in the GTA.

Thanks mate, its just after 0700 here on Christmas Day now here along the east coast of Australia. There is a serious war between Rainbow Lorikeets going on in the bottle brush tree outside our bedroom window. I think it was before 0600 when they finally got to me, and actually got me out of bed.

Just waiting for Nancy to 'stir', then down to our tree, and start opening the presies. The only thing different between men and boys is the price of their toys (famous Alan Lever (Lever Arms, Van BC)   quote.

So with that, Merry Christmas to all.

Wes

merry Christmas man, here in Halifax we still got 8 hours until midnight... :crybaby:  but it will eventually come, and for that I'm glad :dontpanic:

Merry christmas from the Westcoast of beautiful British Columbia.

Not snowing yet but the clouds are churning and it's moderately cold (for bc).  7:01pm.  :salute:

Merry Christmas Wes, and all the rest of the Horde!!

It is now 11 am in Toronto, I have already had some eggnog, and now some Castle Lager Beer has been poured.   I am using my new Mouse (wow wicked hehe thanks santa!)

It is cold, and there is snow on the ground, I thank the great Architect that I am out, otherwise Mayor Miller may call me out to shovel his walkway.

tess

Thanks Tess, now its Boxing Day here, coming up to 0800, and not a cloud in the sky. Wanna see some live surf cams located just a few minutes form our home? Try www.ourshire.com.au, and follow the links to 'live surf cams Cronulla Beach'.

We had a great turkey yesterday, with hints of home in the meal!

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas Day back in dear ole Canada.

Merry Christmas to all of ya's!

Regards,

Wes

Back