• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Well, its Christmas Eve here in Australia - Post your Xmas Greetings Here

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
So, its that time of the year again, where kids (and big kids too) worldwide will be waiting for Santa's arrival. Here today (at 1445h) its 31C, sunny and warm. A slight wind, and we have been in the pool to cool off a few times.

The turkey is still thawing, the beer is cold, and the ceiling fans are on full blast. Parrots and Kookaburras are cackling in the distance, and I can hear someones lawnmower, as summer is well into its third week here Downunder. Our tree is trimmed, and our humble gifts lay underneath (a 700ml bottle of Cdn Club too), and soon darkness will come and our Chritmas lights will be on, the house surrounded my many other homes with the same. All happily sparkling away.

I sure have heaps of memories from dear ole Canada, back in Saskatchewan, and I can only imagine in my minds eye what it must be like. The snow, the fresh wind, a smell of a Christmas tree, a roaring fireplace, the sounds of ski-doos buzzing in the distance, man those were the days! I miss it, and its times like this, I wish I was back in Saskatchewan with my family and friends. For reasons unknown, this time of year also makes me very aware of my heritage, and where I come from.

We must also take the time not for forget our deployed Allied Forces overseas, throughout the Middle East and elsewhere. Canadians, Americans, Australians, Kiwis, and of course the English too, plus a host of many others who contribute accross the world. As again, for so many men and women will be away from their families once more, some in some very, well not so safe places, literally in harms way, as we, the lucky ones yet again take our safety and families for granted in our warm houses (or cool houses in my case) with our families and friends close to us.

So wether you are copping a duty in the CP plotting SHELLREPS, or manning a strong point with your MAG 58 and M72's at the ready, or preparing a Christmas dinner for the troops, even conducting a DP, or  doing a patrol. Whatever you are doing, make the best of a great Christmas Eve and of course tomorrow, no matter where you are, have a great Christmas Day also. Never forget who you are and where you come from, and rest assured family, friends, and even complete strangers are thinking of you all right now.

Hang in there!

Regards from the shores of the Coral Sea here on Bribie Island in Queensland, Australia; and

Merry Christmas!

From

Wes and Nancy (and the psycho cats from hell)

Santa commences his Australian run in just a matter of hours. I am sure he, and his six white boomers are knawing at the bit! He'll pick up the reindeer once he leaves here, so tell your kids its on!

Merry Christmas Wes, take care of the family and hit the Canadian Club nice and hard (for memories sake of course..)  :D

Happy Christmas from me and mine to each and everyone one of you.  Here's hoping that this Christmas finds you safe and happy.

cheers,
John

Wes my friend,

Once again a brilliant thread, as much as I would love to be in the warm sun, I would kill to have you here sharing a pint in the snow.

Merry Christmas brother.

dileas

tess

Wes,

I'll return the favour when I wish you Happy Canada Day and I'm sweating my nuts off and your trying to keep yours warm!! ;)

All the best to you and yours from me and mine!
fest25.gif

Sun is up, trees are bare but grass is still green here over here.  No shovelling for me this year, thats the best present of all!

Merry Christmas to all and enjoy that turkey Wes, you should be digging in soon.

Happy holidays to all who are deployed!

Doug

Wesley H. Allen said:
For reasons unknown, this time of year also makes me very aware of my heritage, and where I come from.

We must also take the time not for forget our deployed Allied Forces overseas, throughout the Middle East and elsewhere. Canadians, Americans, Australians, Kiwis, and of course the English too, plus a host of many others who contribute accross the world. As again, for so many men and women will be away from their families once more, some in some very, well not so safe places, literally in harms way, as we, the lucky ones yet again take our safety and families for granted in our warm houses (or cool houses in my case) with our families and friends close to us.

So wether you are copping a duty in the CP plotting SHELLREPS, or manning a strong point with your MAG 58 and M72's at the ready, or preparing a Christmas dinner for the troops, even conducting a DP, or   doing a patrol. Whatever you are doing, make the best of a great Christmas Eve and of course tomorrow, no matter where you are, have a great Christmas Day also. Never forget who you are and where you come from, and rest assured family, friends, and even complete strangers are thinking of you all right now.

Santa commences his Australian run in just a matter of hours. I am sure he, and his six white boomers are knawing at the bit! He'll pick up the reindeer once he leaves here, so tell your kids its on!

Hear, Hear Wes! Well said

Merry Christmas to all, everywhere and my you have a happy, safe and prosperous New Year!

Bob Hobson

Merry Christmas Wes!

It's still Christmas Eve here in Kandahar....and all is quiet. Men's xmas dinner is done as well.

3 beers per pers. Hussa to Dave!!!!!

Regards

As I sit here in snowy Northern Ontario in -15c , I cry so hard for you Wes dips in the pool fans on high must be nice.LOL only thing I don't miss is the lawn mower, in the back ground. And if you want Ill send you all the snowmobiler's you want, I'm on a trail and I heard enough of them.
Merry Christmas to all
Murray

I slid to work today on a sheet of wet snow.

Damn you and your kookabura birds, cold beer and funky doppleganger hemisphere!!

But a merry crimbo to all!

Merry xmas Wes ya well tanned handsome bastard.Snow is still knee deep goin into my goose blind today.The whiskey tastes good though.Merry xmas to the troops especialy them RCR's.. :cdn: :salute:

I haven't been home in 8 years, and fall (hunting season) and Christmas make me the most homesick. On the bright side, it is supposed to be in the 80s this weekend, which is a record, even for Phoenix.

Merry Christmas to all of you and your families, from my family. To those posted away from home - be safe, and thank you.

To all of you, from all of me, best of the festive season.  To all our Brothers and Sisters overseas, keep your heads down, and your chins up (tricky, but do-able!).  Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you all

CHIMO,  Kat

Good ya ya Tess! There is always a cold bottle(s) of beer here for ya too!

Well, its Christmas Day here, and Christmas Eve back in Canada. Its just past 1000h, and its 33C already, so it will be a tad on the warm side. Not a cloud to be seen.

Just after 0700, we got up, and opened all the presents. Then the phone calls started to drift in from Canada from family and friends. At about 1300, the turkey goes in the oven, and we look forward to a Saskatchewan style supper, with lemon moringue pie for desert. Tonight over to some friends for some grog, and then back home.

Anyways, here is a few pics of our backyard just taken not even 10 minutes ago.

Merry Christmas from Australia!

Wes

Just came from a quick Christmass dinner straight into work for the night.

Very nice backyard, I'll share a pic of mine, first you need a piece of white paper.

Now hold it very close to your eyes and look around.

Merry Christmas to all and a Safe New Year.

Ben

Hey all,

First off, Just wanna say that this is a great site and thanks to Mike and the Mod crew for keeping things straight.  On that note,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone, for the members over seas, were thinking of you.

ho ho ho
stay safe

PV

Merry Christmas from Kandahar....at oh let's see...0751 and I must be off to go and unload yet another aircraft.

I love being one of the few Armoured crewmen left here    ;)

Regards

Franko said:

Is that cause you only need a few Armoured crewmen; to get the job of many, done. :salute:

Franko said:
Merry Christmas from Kandahar....at oh let's see...0751 and I must be off to go and unload yet another aircraft.

Merry Christmas Franko.......I hope Santa was on that flight for you. :cheers:

Back