• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"French Affairs" Take On The Terrorist Known As Israel- Split from something

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaKingTacco said:
Unlike you, I have actually been to China.  They are neither our friend, nor or enemy.  They are rather self-interested.

Besides, what Olga said.

They are fighting “Islamic” terrorism, according to him that is all that should matter when decided if or if not to support a government.

And how would you know if or if not I have been to China?

****Ludicrous straw man alert****Ludicrous straw man alert***** Ludicrous straw man alert*****

The presence of a ludicrous strawman fallacy has been confirmed.  FrenchAffair -- step away from the keyboard and put your hands in the air.

The Ludicrous strawman fallacy will apparently continue as FrenchAffair is immune to facts and simply loves to see build fallacious arguments fo r others to swat down.

****Ludicrous straw man alert****Ludicrous straw man alert***** Ludicrous straw man alert*****

SeaKingTacco said:
Lucky guess...

:)

I’ve been to China three times in my life. But what does visiting China have to do with this conversation at all? I never visited their concentration camps, I never took a tour though their prisoners, or witnessed any of the massive human rights abuses accost their country. I seriously doubt you did either, all our trips to China did was give us the opportunity to see a few nice citys, some beautiful countryside and some old artifacts. Being to a country doesn’t give you any better understanding of the nation wide and systematic abuses by this repressive government that are well known.

Please, keep on the topic of this thread, don’t use it to boast about your exploits abroad. It is irrelevant.

Tell me where you went in China and the purpose of your visits, then?

'Cause I'm calling bullsh*t.

..and "L'Affair Francais" is strarting to piss this Moderator off with his constant 'book' and 'straw man' arguements against those who have BTDT.

The pilot has located the drop zone......

You still do not prove your claims about the IDF.

Maybe they are not correct, still how ever really the issue of Israeli Arabs in the IDF is not that important. I would contend that the 6 million Palestinians currently oppressed and occupied by Israel is of far greater concern, along with the long list of systematic abuses by the Israeli government towards these people.

Ref the Ethiopian Jews, I lived next to an apartment building full of them when I lived in Israel.  They were treated no better or no worse than many African refugees that come to cities in Canada.  Like the Russian immigrants, they were often offered settlement positions, or low paying basic labour or security jobs.

http://www.jewishsf.com/content/2-0-/module/displaystory/story_id/2883/edition_id/50/format/html/displaystory.html

btw, are you Jewish?

Bruce Monkhouse said:
..and "L'Affair Francais" is strarting to piss this Moderator off with his constant 'book' and 'straw man' arguements against those who have BTDT.

The pilot has located the drop zone......

If you believe I have misrepresented anyone’s arguments feel free to point it out. How ever the moderators should be more concerned with those in this thread that are doing nothing other than “trolling” and posting irrelevant and completely off subject posts (repetitively).

FrenchAffair said:
I’ve been to China three times in my life. But what does visiting China have to do with this conversation at all? I never visited their concentration camps, I never took a tour though their prisoners, or witnessed any of the massive human rights abuses accost their country. I seriously doubt you did either, all our trips to China did was give us the opportunity to see a few nice citys, some beautiful countryside and some old artifacts. Being to a country doesn’t give you any better understanding of the nation wide and systematic abuses by this repressive government that are well known.

French Affair,

I advise you to stop aggravating everyone on this board lest the moderators start sending you up the "warning ladder". I had to learn that the hard way. 

As for your comments on China, don't even get me started. I studied Mandarin in Beijing on a university study abroad program, as well as nearly a year in Taiwan as well; let me just say that from what you're telling me, you only saw what the mainland Chinese govt. aimed for a tourist to see.  Let me guess, you went to Xian on a package tour, right? And saw all those pits filled with terra cotta soldiers in the museum featuring the excavations of all those Imperial tombs? Great...that's nice. I bet you even bought one of those little figurines those street vendors sell to you in little boxes? Wow- man, you're a genuine China expert. I'm impressed.  ::) I bet your tourist guide made a fat heap of kuai from taking you to Beijing's Silk Market Street and getting a commission from the local vendors who overcharged a lao wai (colloquial for foreigner) like you for that jade ornament you hang on your wall.

Since we're on the topic of Jews and Muslims in conflict, did you even consider travelling to Urumqi in Xinjiang province to see what the conditions the local Uighurs (more Tajik/Turkmen and Kazakh descent than Chinese descent) if you're such a staunch proponent of the plight of Muslims anywhere? Does the word Hui Ren ring a bell?

CougarShark said:
French Affair,

I advise you to stop aggravating everyone on this board lest the moderators start sending you up the "warning ladder". I had to learn that the hard way. 

As for your comments on China, don't even get me started. I studied Mandarin in Beijing on a university study abroad program, as well as nearly a year in Taiwan as well; let me just say that from what you're telling me, you only saw what the mainland Chinese govt. aimed for a tourist to see.  Let me guess, you went to Xian on a package tour, right? And saw all those pits filled with terra cotta soldiers in the museum featuring the excavations of all those Imperial tombs? Great...that's nice. I bet you even bought one of those little figurines those street vendors sell to you in little boxes? Wow- man, you're a genuine China expert. I'm impressed.  ::) I bet your tourist guide made a fat heap of kuai from taking you to Beijing's Silk Market and getting a commission from the local vendors who overcharged a lao wai (colloquial for foreigner) like you for that jade ornament you hang on your wall.

Since we're on the topic of Jews and Muslims in conflict, did you even consider travelling to Urumqi in Xinjiang province to see what the conditions the local Uighurs (more Uzbek and Kazakh descent than Chinese descent) if you're such a staunch proponent of the plight of Muslims anywhere? Does the word Hui Ren ring a bell?

A) I was in Hong Kong, where my aunt has lived for the past 30 years, and spent a few days in Beijing.

B) You seem to be attacking me, well at the same time reiterating the point I made. I didn’t see anything other than the “tourists” parts of China, just as most people. Therefore going to China does nothing to educate one further as to the extensive human rights abuses committed by the Chinese government, or the true conditions of Chinese citizens.

C) You are investing way to much into the “china” comment. This simply came from a comment by one of the members, that other actions committed by a government are not his concern as long as they are on our side fighting “Islamic terrorism”. I simply used China as an example of a immoral, non-democratic, authoritarian and oppressive government which abuses its own people, yet is fighting “Islamic terrorism”. A) Then another member took it upon himself to boast about his own exploits in China, insinuating that his tour guide though China makes him the sole authority on the action of the Chinese government.  The point being made was that there are dozens of brutal dictatorships accost this world that are fighting the threat of “Islamic terrorism” yet commit brutal atrocities against their own people. Substitute China with what ever nation you want, the point was not to make this discussion about the nation of China, but draw illustrate a moral equal to Israel in this situation. 

My experience with Israel comes from meeting 1 former member of the IDF ( and man was she HOT!.......) so really my military view is non existent. However I rarely if ever have found fault with their use of force (even though some say it is excessive) or even many of their methods. When every neighbouring country has stated their one goal is to find a way to wipe you off the map well I am sorry but every once in a while you're going to have to show just how much force you are willing to use to protect your country. And if that means using a hammer to swat a fly I say so be it.

Collateral damage meh stop hiding terrorist in your homes and we'll stop blowing up populated places seriously not a hard concept to get why they don't is often beyond me. Now granted I do have a deep and open bias against Arabs (ok well not just them any follower of Islam no matter their roots but that is another topic) But I see them just as accountable for the civilian losses as the the Israelis.

French Affair:  How does my religion matter one iota to this debate?

Your reference link about the Ethiopians is to an article that is 11 years old.  Anything more recent?  Not much to go on if you are staking your reputation on your "in-depth knowledge" of the situation from the merits of one decade+ old news article.

You need to work on your research techniques and your source filtering.

French Affair:  How does my religion matter one iota to this debate?

Well you claim much of your knowledge from your experiences living in Israel, the experience of a Jew living in Israel and a non-Jew will be two very different things. It would be far easier to continue this discussion knowing if I was speaking with a Zionist Jew or not.

Your reference link about the Ethiopians is to an article that is 11 years old.  Anything more recent?  Not much to go on if you are staking your reputation on your "in-depth knowledge" of the situation from the merits of one decade+ old news article.

Maybe that specific article is out of date, maybe the condition of Ethiopian Jews has been bettered in the past decade. How ever that is really a side issue that is of little consequence to the point I was illustrating. Not only of Israel’s systematic abuse of human rights and refusal to adhere to international law, but their history of state sponsored terrorism, both in the process of forming the State of Israel (though terrorism), the expansion of it’s borders (though terrorism) and the continuation of the State of Israel to this date (though terrorism).

My knowledge comes from many sources, it is an issue that I have been invested in for most of my life as much of my family comes from, and still lives in the middle east. I know many Palestinians, we discuss their stories, their experiences… and they are not the exceptions. Look at the stories of any Palestinian, it is the same. Filled with abuse from the Israelis, the denial of their basic human rights, the treatment as “sub-human” by Israeli authorities, and on top of that years of systematic abuse from the Fat’ah party, created by the circumstances created by Israel.

Middle East, Hong Kong, voted here, done that, yada yada......if you are 20 than you are the most pathetic 20 year old in history.

At 20 I had almost 3 years serving and all I would pride myself on is my alcoholic intake and my 'scoring' ability followed by a PT test.  You are full of bullshit and bile, whomever you are, and the only reason I might keep you around is for the pure entertainment value......

....then again I might not.

Here's the deal, come verifiably clean with whom you are to the site owner Mike Bobbitt [who will keep it to himself] or I will act on my hunch,...and if I'm wrong than I will publically apologize.

Fair?

What does he want 2 pieces of photo ID and my fingerprints? I’m a Canadian citizen, 20 years old who attends university. I fail to see how one can either confirm or deny that.

Maybe if at 20 years old you did more than join the army and get drunk you would have had the opportunities to travel to some interesting places and interact with various cultures in university and learn and take an issue in various issues affecting our world.

I’ve broken no forum rules. Seems you have some kind of vendetta because I do not “tow the line” of the CCP.

FrenchAffair said:
Maybe if at 20 years old you did more than join the army and get drunk you would have had the opportunities to travel to some interesting places and interact with various cultures in university and learn and take an issue in various issues affecting our world.

Oh...those of us here having served for many years have indeed interacted with many more different cultures than yourself....and we have done it in the frontlines...not in the idealistic and sterile environment of a school.......I'm quite certai that i have seen many more interesting places than you.......

Get over yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back