• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Boy, you got it all in there. Loads of hearsay, rumour and innuendo. Condemnation of thousands over the actions of a few, which is easy to do when you ignore that activists and idiots can also occupy a public space at the same time. Both partisan and identity politics. You even squeezed far right wing, white supremacy with conspiracy theory and animal rights in there. You even managed to imply anyone not in agreement with your narrative is ignorant of your facts and requires violent cranial agitation to come around to your point of view.

Well done you! You go (insert preferred gender pronoun here)!
This from the guy who does EXACTLY the same thing from his end of spectrum.

Bravo Pot. Way to tell kettle.

I'm not an extreme person, I am just reporting what I saw.

Here's a nazi flag flying with someone doing a nazi salute. This was cheered on by many people who were there.

Excuse me for being a bit on edge but this is the type of stuff I've been seeing for the last couple days.
So you paint everybody at the protest with the widest of brushes…nice.

Did those with Fleurs-de-Lys flags or just plain non-upside down Canada flags tell you they also supported the 2017 Mosque shooting?

I love taking the train to our beautiful capitol, and intend to again soon.

I feel for the people who live and work there these dark days.

As for the rest of Canada, as long as they are getting their groceries and beer, I wonder if they are paying much attention to the politics?

I would caution anyone commenting on Mills Bomb’s posts. He appears to be currently at ground zero for this thing.

By all accounts, most Ottawans going through the worst of it just want these guys to GTFO of their city. While there are some bad apples doing bad things there a more than just a few of them causing grief to local businesses, charities and people that just want to walk their dogs and be able to drop their kids off at school.
My comments were directly a result of his attacking my "moral (whateverthefuck that is these days) fibre" and my ethics (whateverthefuck those are these days), based on his inability to comprehend what I wrote in what I assumed were quite easily understood terms. My bad.

So if I go downtown right now, I’m going to see thousands of people whole all agree that they’re following Pat King to mock the six Muslims killed in Sainte-Foy in 2017?
I have no clue. I’m not really commenting on that because it’s not something I have knowledge of one way or another. I know they cancelled the vigil that was planned and there was some high fiving about it there.

My point is that residents and businesses living on the ground right there, while most here sitting at their keyboards cheerleading this, are getting stressed about what is happening and don’t feel very safe right now.

So I put his comments in that light.

But a lot of people following Pat King aren’t there for trucker mandate issues.

I would caution anyone commenting on Mills Bomb’s posts. He appears to be currently at ground zero for this thing.

By all accounts, most Ottawans going through the worst of it just want these guys to GTFO of their city. While there are some bad apples doing bad things there a more than just a few of them causing grief to local businesses, charities and people that just want to walk their dogs and be able to drop their kids off at school.

It is my opinion that all members of this forum restrain from showing any support for this event. I don't think it will age well. You don't need to believe my accounts of it but if you haven't admitted you attended or supported already it would be extremely unwise to do so right now. At least wait a few more days until you can analyze what actually happened. You may thank me later for this. A lot of people had no idea what they were signing up for.

We're talking about an event that stormed the 5 year anniversary vigil of the Quebec mosque shooting run by actual white supremacists. This was a national disgrace on all levels. When nazi and confederate flags came out, they were embraced by many and nobody who was attending the main event tried to stop them. White supremacists made speeches with no opposition. What level of patience do you suggest we have for these people?
I expect Canadians to respect their right to free assembly and free expression. The same as we do with far left, anti male anglo Caucasian conspiracy theorists and people that try to link horrible crimes to a lawful protest of concerned citizens worried about their future. Any law breaking can be dealt with by the system.

So now, the Ottawa police (already spread thin) will be responding with every paramedic call to that area. Multiple incidents of people throwing rocks at paramedic vehicles and blocking them trying to respond to calls. One was met with racial slurs.

Not sure what the goal of any of that is tbh.

All of can say is at least there's no burning, looting, destruction of store fronts,......

This is almost like a 1960's style protest....be seen and make lots if noise. Probably less crime going on in this misbegotten area to the east of Byward Market right now then on normal days I'm sure.

So if I go downtown right now, I’m going to see thousands of people whole all agree that they’re following Pat King to mock the six Muslims killed in Sainte-Foy in 2017?

So then what was your ‘Caution’ to anyone commenting on Mills Bomb’s posts? If we were not physically in place, we can’t refute their claim that everyone is in on a Nazi-based Anti-Muslim conspiracy?

I have no clue. I’m not really commenting on that because it’s not something I have knowledge of one way or another. I know they cancelled the vigil that was planned and there was some high fiving about it there.
Cancelled a vigil in Ottawa? Sainte-Foy?

A memorial took place on 29 Jan in Sainte-Foy, so couldn’t be that.

My point is that residents and businesses living on the ground right there, while most here sitting at their keyboards cheerleading this, are getting stressed about what is happening and don’t feel very safe right now.

So I put his comments in that light.

But a lot of people following Pat King aren’t there for trucker mandate issues.
No one I’ve seen is disputing this at all, but that doesn’t justify painting everyone participating as Nazi anti-Muslims following Pat King’s alleged plan…

That is the one (hedged) truth in your statement. The rest is unsubstantiated opinion.

All of can say is at least there's no burning, looting, destruction of store fronts,......

This is almost like a 1960's style protest....be seen and make lots if noise. Probably less crime going on in this misbegotten area to the east of Byward Market right now then on normal days I'm sure.
I wonder if anyone in Toronto or Montreal was killed by a gang banger with a smuggled gun while this 'violent insurrection of our Capital' was taking place?

No. Just to put his comments in context to the situation he is in. It wasn’t aimed specifically at anyone but the forum in general. He apologized for his tone and confirmed pretty much what I thought.

No this one.

Was going to be at the Human Rights monument. But they cancelled out of caution. Was probably the right call.

Like I said, people living in that area are getting fed up and don’t feel safe. Even with all the good people there who don’t seem to be doing much to stop the bad people from putting a bad name to all of this.

Multiple incidents of people throwing rocks at paramedic vehicles and blocking them trying to respond to calls. One was met with racial slurs.

It used to be an easy job.

True. It isn’t violent at all by most standards. Actually it would seem that some things are happening with the police busy dealing with other stuff.

Anectdotal but someone spray painted a local business in the market. It has all the hallmarks of a professional tagger taking advantage of the chaos and not related to the protest.

Oh sorry, you live here right? Oh you don’t. Thanks for coming out.
And what substantial evidence do you have that your narrative is true? Census, petitions, in depth interviews with everyone? No, you have none. You have an opinion based on your personal bias's and those who you agree with. I'm simply applying your rules to my own opinion.

No. Just to put his comments in context to the situation he is in. It wasn’t aimed specifically at anyone but the forum in general. He apologized for his tone and confirmed pretty much what I thought.

No this one.

Was going to be at the Human Rights monument. But they cancelled out of caution. Was probably the right call.

Like I said, people living in that area are getting fed up and don’t feel safe. Even with all the good people there who don’t seem to be doing much to stop the bad people from putting a bad name to all of this.

Thanks for beating me to finding a news story, this the event I mentioned. I'm confident everything I posted will be confirmed as the stories come out.

I have made an effort to warn members of this forum about some of the stuff that unfolded and is still unfolding. This is genuine and if you can get past my bad mood this morning I think you may thank me for warning you later. I am doing this to give the forum an insight on what will likely soon be international news and some of the thing you will be associated with if you supported this event.

Did anyone else on the forum besides Kat Stevens go and support this event? I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of crickets and not many others will be willing to admit they were supporters very soon when more comes to light. I think you are making a big mistake admitting what you supported at this point. But let's see how this plays out and the forum can make up their own mind without my bias from having literally lived through this thing.

If you are in a CAF leadership position, please wait a few more days to analyze the evidence of what happened before you show any support for this "protest". I really think you may respect my advice in the coming days. I am going to tone it back now if you think I'm completely out to lunch that's fine with me.

True. It isn’t violent at all by most standards. Actually it would seem that some things are happening with the police busy dealing with other stuff.

Anectdotal but someone spray painted a local business in the market. It has all the hallmarks of a professional tagger taking advantage of the chaos and not related to the protest.
LOL that happens in Victoria, BC almost hourly. According to City Hall, it's the local businesses responsibility to clean it up 🤣

This has to be the most peaceful protest ever and the outrage and attention it is getting is actually hilarious. #Mountainoutofamolehill

Meanwhile in Los Angeles in the REAL WORLD:

We may have to bring back the Pinkertons before you know it! Tbh, a return to the Wild West might make people a bit more polite. Especially, if the slights people throw around like popcorn nowadays was met with a Six Shooter.

Back