• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Nice. Americans swatting OPS. Sounds about right given the money flowing in from there.

A man was arrested in the US for calling in a bomb threat to OPS.

Only saw it on TV but apparently the Sgt At Arms sent a memo about suspicious packages sent to three constituency offices. I’ll be curious to see which ones.

The government has a lot more capacity to protect jobs & livelihoods than to spontaneously increase the number of healthcare professionals. So, risk to jobs & livelihoods is more easily mitigated than risk to lives. Also, lost jobs & livelihoods are a reversible condition (an area where govt can also assist) but a lost life is irreversible.
CERB only addresses expense-like reimbursement. It doesn’t cover those who in some cases had invested their life savings to create a small business that was employing, in the case of my friend, 8-10 other Canadians, but have had to shutter the business and lay off employees.

We (serving and served) have been mindful that not all health issues can be constrained to the physical. Mental health seems to get little consideration from the calculus of the situation. Now sure about my friend’s ex-employees, but he is not in a good place…triple-vax status notwithstanding.

Fewer than 10 out of 1387 police officers.
WTF is wrong with you? Do you think you can, for once, just try adding to the conversation by posting a coherent, thoughtful response to a statement or question? Your deep searching the internet for any obscure link you can throw up to cast shade on another posters comments has become exceedingly tiresome. Take some ownership for your opinions, not just act as the site's Wayback Link Meister.

As for your current sharp stick, nobody cares about you linking back to your own comment from 2017. It didn't even address my statement. You think because a link you dug for back then is still relevant, is overshadowed by the fact that since at least 2017, you haven't learned to how to be part of the conversation. You just try let someone else make your point, using their words and research and putting them up as your own stance.

The Telegram, ah, yes, a favourite for those who are into just about anything you can’t post on normal social media.
I’ve never heard of this Telegram. Unless we are talking about actual telegrams.

Another small fringe minority:
View attachment 68561
View attachment 68562

People around the world (Mexico, USA, Bolivia, France, Australia, New Zealand and more) have seen what the True North Strong and Free are doing and emulating it.
God Bless Truckers.
I don't want anyone thinking this is crazy, or somehow imposing on anyone. With the exception of those people standing out on the road this is normal eveyday traffic here. This border crossing has the largest flow of goods going back and forth. Packed and at a standstill, is just regular daily traffic around here. Basically, nothing to see here, move along.

Seems like the "arson" story has (ironically) holes big enough to drive a tractor-trailer through:

That’s my initial thought. I can understand why maybe people though would hesitate to call the police given the building involved. Either trust or possible shady stuff. It looks like the Algonquin. If it is, it is not a nice building. I lived there for three months while waiting for my house to be built when I moved back to Ottawa. It had a lot of new Canadians, some subsidized families and what not. It was cheap and you could rent by month with no lease.

Lots of bugs. Silverfish especially. Water leaked into my appartement because a family of newly arrived Canadians had turned a bedroom into an indoor garden for growing food in the apartment above me. They just spread a bunch of top soil and planted and watered. No clue what shape it’s in now.

But I have to ask why someone would “just” identify themselves as part of the convoy. Makes no sense.

WTF is wrong with you? Do you think you can, for once, just try adding to the conversation by posting a coherent, thoughtful response to a statement or question? Your deep searching the internet for any obscure link you can throw up to cast shade on another posters comments has become exceedingly tiresome. Take some ownership for your opinions, not just act as the site's Wayback Link Meister.

As for your current sharp stick, nobody cares about you linking back to your own comment from 2017. It didn't even address my statement. You think because a link you dug for back then is still relevant, is overshadowed by the fact that since at least 2017, you haven't learned to how to be part of the conversation. You just try let someone else make your point, using their words and research and putting them up as your own stance.
Why do i get the feeling that if i talked to the mods like this I wouldn't be posting anymore?

I'm ashamed to say Telegram is how we deal with our TV SP and ISP lol

We got some sketchy service providers hahaha but they're cheap AF lol

Back