• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

TRIGGER WARNING: The article taken from The Federalist. Read at your own peril.

The Canadian context...

From the article -

What Rutte and his government are doing to Dutch farmers, Schumer and Biden are planning to do to American farmers and American industries.....So pay attention to the roadside fires and blocked highways and mass civic unrest in places like the Netherlands and Sri Lanka. America is next.

America is not next.

Canada is next.

But, hey, it's all right. We can ignore these folks as "unacceptable", a "fringe minority". Trudeau, Rutter and Ardern hold the Truth.

Corporatism is a collectivist[1] political ideology which advocates the organization of society by corporate groups, such as agricultural, labour, military, business, scientific, or guild associations, on the basis of their common interests.[2][3] The term is derived from the Latin corpus, or "body". The hypothesis that society will reach a peak of harmonious functioning when each of its divisions efficiently performs its designated function, as a body's organs individually contributing its general health and functionality, lies at the center of corporatist theory.

Corporatism developed during the 1850s in response to the rise of classical liberalism and Marxism, as it advocated cooperation between the classes instead of class conflict. Corporatism became one of the main tenets of fascism, and Benito Mussolini's fascist regime in Italy advocated the collective management of the economy by state officials by integrating large interest groups under the state; however, the more democratic neo-corporatism often embraced Tripartism.[4][5]

Tripartism is an economic system of neo-corporatism based on a mixed economy and tripartite contracts between employers' organizations, trade unions, and the government of a country.[1][2] Each is to act as a social partner to create economic policy through cooperation, consultation, negotiation, and compromise.[1] In Tripartism, the government has a large role in the economy and engages in negotiations between labor unions and business interest groups to establish economic policy.[3][4]

Tripartism became a popular form of economic policy during the economic crisis of the 1930s.[5] Tripartism was supported by a number of different political movements at this time, including: Catholic social teaching, fascism, and democratic political movements.[5] Tripartism is a prominent economic policy in Europe, particularly where Christian Democratic parties influenced by Catholic social teaching have held power; it is a core part of the Nordic model seen in the economic systems of Scandinavia and the Benelux that were put in place by social democratic governments.

There's already too much stuff off limits because someone once did something someone else found objectionable. High time we stopped taking the easy way out by forbidding everything someone doesn't like.
I’m not ok with anyone politicizing that particular monument. Maybe some are, I’m not. And even more shameful is that some veterans seem to think it’s ok.

I don’t want it to be moved out of sight, I’d hate to see it become a security zone requiring special access. I just want be people to stop being douche bags. Somethings should remain outside of the political realm.

Somethings should remain outside of the political realm.

I wish. But a situation in which some people insist on politicizing virtually everything is unstable (won't remain limited to only those people). The border between "activists" and "indifferents" keeps moving in a way that enlarges the former region and shrinks the latter one.

They are supposedly honouring the sacrifices of the fallen by covering the tomb with a Canadian and US Flag. So dumb.

Time for a 24/7/365 sentry like the US? Yes, where do we get the bodies? And I cringe at the thought that we could not have the ability go and actually touch the memorial.
Well, maybe sentry during the normal time and a 24-hour police presence at other times. Perhaps someone else can remember, but were there other locations considered for the tomb?

The Brits were pretty smart putting the tomb in Westminister Abbey, which prevents most of these issues.

And now the fine, not at all delusional sovcit folks are planning a blockade of the RCMP Depot starting 11 Sept.

I see no way this plan can possibly go wrong.

Marcus Ray has been consistently full of shit; highly fictitious shit. Seeing him actually attempting to commit to a time and place to do something is a little bit refreshing. But it’s a dumb time, a dumb place, and a dumb something.

My concern is more with how many of his followers seem to be of the “too late for peaceful measures” persuasion. This dude’s gonna instigate actual violence and get someone hurt if he keeps it up.

I see no way this plan can possibly go wrong.

Marcus Ray has been consistently full of shit; highly fictitious shit. Seeing him actually attempting to commit to a time and place to do something is a little bit refreshing. But it’s a dumb time, a dumb place, and a dumb something.

My concern is more with how many of his followers seem to be of the “too late for peaceful measures” persuasion. This dude’s gonna instigate actual violence and get someone hurt if he keeps it up.
Who is this clown or who are these clowns? What they plan to do I suspect is illegal. Or is it?

Who is this clown or who are these clowns? What they plan to do I suspect is illegal. Or is it?
Hard right sovereign citizen type with somewhat of an online following. He thinks heMs gonna get the police and military to join him in an uprising against the government. Same dude’s been peddling ideas of taking over a court and forcing a judge to… it’s not precisely clear what, but it results in arrests and convictions for treason and such.

He’s a joke and an idiot, but still a dangerous one..

Hard right sovereign citizen type with somewhat of an online following. He thinks heMs gonna get the police and military to join him in an uprising against the government. Same dude’s been peddling ideas of taking over a court and forcing a judge to… it’s not precisely clear what, but it results in arrests and convictions for treason and such.

He’s a joke and an idiot, but still a dangerous one..

Agreed. People like that can be unpredictable and dangerous. Delusional as phuque too.

September 11?

He’s made at least one enemy - more probably- on here already

Well, maybe sentry during the normal time and a 24-hour police presence at other times. Perhaps someone else can remember, but were there other locations considered for the tomb?

The Brits were pretty smart putting the tomb in Westminister Abbey, which prevents most of these issues.
Other than a ceremonial purpose, I'm hard pressed to think of a worse use of military or police resources.
Could they have picked a more threatening date?
Using words like "orders" and "muster" - sounds so official-y. Other than possibly some students and a duty watch, who do they expect to be there on a Sunday?

Other than a ceremonial purpose, I'm hard pressed to think of a worse use of military or police resources.

Using words like "orders" and "muster" - sounds so official-y. Other than possibly some students and a duty watch, who do they expect to be there on a Sunday?
RCMP has a public order unit, other divisional assets, and a lot of general duty or roadable cops based out of Regina, plus Regina Police Service. They Depot grounds are fenced off and not open to the public other than via controlled access. Not sure how they imagine this going, but it won’t match reality.

RCMP has a public order unit, other divisional assets, and a lot of general duty or roadable cops based out of Regina, plus Regina Police Service. They Depot grounds are fenced off and not open to the public other than via controlled access. Not sure how they imagine this going, but it won’t match reality.
It sounds like this huge rally that is supposed to surround the RCMP will be one of those "about six people showed up and promptly left when the Mounties approached them"

TRIGGER WARNING: The article taken from The Federalist. Read at your own peril.

The Canadian context...

From the article -

America is not next.

Canada is next.

But, hey, it's all right. We can ignore these folks as "unacceptable", a "fringe minority". Trudeau, Rutter and Ardern hold the Truth.
Largely not enforceable. Who’s going to monitor everything, the Farm police?

Largely not enforceable. Who’s going to monitor everything, the Farm police?
You don't need to monitor everyone, you just need to crush a few, the rest will follow along so they don't lose everything.

I think QDM did a great video talking about why this climate foolishness related to farming is unserious foolishness from urbanites who don't seem to understand that actions have consequences.

Warning, there is some language that some may find offensive.

It sounds like this huge rally that is supposed to surround the RCMP will be one of those "about six people showed up and promptly left when the Mounties approached them"
You mean when " When the Mountie approached them ."
And promptly will began posting about how they were oppressed they'd been by the jack booted mandate enforcer ...His good morning wasn't cheerful enough. Nor did he grovel sufficiently before these Partisans of Freedom (tm.)

Last edited:
Back